Im new ,need advice !!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

hello,what a fab forum !!

we are looking to move to spain by aug08.

not sure which area,this is dependant mainly on finding some good schools.the ages of my children will be 16,12,9,4 and 3. all school/nursery age.

im a full time mum but will hopefully be doing some holistic therapies and baby massage practice and teaching.my husband works off shore on a  monthly rotation so his job is not a problem so long as we are fairly close to an airport.

we are looking to rent long term until we are sure of location and then we plan to buy.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance xx giggly xx

Like 0      
21 Jul 2007 7:52 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Firstly, welcome to the forum, and what a fabulous username! Can't wait to see if you add an avatar.

Secondly, apart from the fact that your brood is a bit larger, I thought you were Sazzle by another name - have a look at the thread she started here:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumPosts.aspx?thread=1799&dev=FB26&name=What

Seems all the bad press etc. hasn't put people off moving here - there's still plenty of you looking to make the move. Good luck to everyone!

Best plan is always to rent first, so you're going about things the right way. But even so, you really need to narrow down your options a bit - Spain is huge. Catalunya, Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol, somewhere in between, somewhere inland...?

For an idea of rental options on CDS have a look at the Sur in English online classifieds here: http://www.surinenglish.com/marketptl.php For proximity to Malaga airport, you can't really beat Torremolinos (15 minutes max), which is my neck of the woods, so feel free to ask anything you need to know about here. For other areas, CB etc, I'm sure there are plenty of members who can give advice on their area.

Best of luck.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
05 Aug 2007 8:54 AM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

thanks roberto.

we have the opportunity to rent an appartment near la manga ,we can rent it for as long as we like,so perhaps a good starting point.we do wish to buy more inland as we would get more for our money,i would hope !

having 5 children we need a large home and room for family to stay on visits.

this site is so helpful and positivly encouraging toward our move,thanks for your reply.

oh im starting my spanish classes in september,so the first of little sterps towards our move sometime in 08.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Like 0      
05 Aug 2007 10:25 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Welcome Gigglymushroom...this will soon be you!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
06 Aug 2007 2:47 PM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

yippeeeeeee ! i cant wait,cant come to soon. does seem all a bit too much sometimes but i just know we are doing the right thing and it will all be so worth it.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2007 3:13 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

but it's wonderful to see you're so excited, gigglymushroom.

When r u off ? Do you have a date yet ?

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 12:03 PM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

think the apartment in la manga is  a non starter,so back to the begining looking for a long term let that will allow 5 kids and pets!!!!!!!!!!!!.

we were hoping to move over sept/oct08.

the sooner the better really ,just need to sell the house.putting that on the market in the new year.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2007 2:54 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Gigglymushroom, what is happening with you now?????????????

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
11 Sep 2007 3:08 PM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

not alot sadly,just about to put the house we rent out on the market and then spend the rest of this year getting our home ready to sell.it all depends on the sale of the 2 houses how fast we move.spoke with an estate agent who is keeping a look out around mercia ,we wiish to rent but think that will be a problem as people are put of by the size of our family and having 2 pets.

im starting my spanish night class next week and my daughter has just startede comp and they change from french to spanish this term,so she is having 2 classes a week.

frustrating but we are determined to make the move and make it work so we are going with the flow .

thanks for asking,hope all is well with you xxx

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for a Spanish Mortgage - 23 posts
Golden Retriever to Spain - 21 posts
Last 20 messages posted? - 2 posts
Congrats to Auntie Em 100th post - 31 posts
dream hills anybody there - 6 posts
Recommended by member JC1 ( Good Shout ) - 2 posts
Power of Attorney - 7 posts
Costa Del sol - 30 posts
spiderbish - 2 posts
Anyone involved with Hacienda Guadalupe ? - 7 posts
la hague apostille - 16 posts
Performance Car Clubs / Driving Days ? - 0 posts
Organic Food - 0 posts
Filling out application forms - 9 posts
Support for our injured troops - 4 posts
Bucket help. - 66 posts
WIFI - 1 posts
where to buy good quality furniture - 7 posts
Valle del Sol, Carcer - 3 posts
Jaen's restaurant, Guardamar town centre, CB - 33 posts
cleaning - 0 posts
La Recoleta, EGM - 2 posts
Long term rental Northern Costa Blanca? - 0 posts
Site visit today 18th January - 13 posts
Cash prize on new price comparison site - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x