Withheld embargo suma

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 May 2013 2:08 PM by shuaholic Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi, I am a newbie on this site, I have checked my Bankinter account this morning to find a "withheld embargo suma" can anyone enlighten me on what this is and why I have it.  All my bills are paid by DD, I havent missed any, there is always cash in the account, I tried to phone the bank this morning but have found you are having another Fiesta day.  Is this another tax for non residents?  Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

Like 0      
01 May 2013 3:04 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
It's Mayday today, everything's closed. The car suma is due at the moment, is that what has become due? Can't see why the embargo is there, though, as you have until the 10th of the month to pay it. Do you have a car in Spain? (Or did you have on 1st January, I should say). Is there enough in the bank to cover a possible direct debit?
They are all open again tomorrow.

Like 0      
01 May 2013 3:38 PM by shuaholic Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

No we dont have a car, we did have about 4 years ago, but sold it on. Have never recieved a suma demand relating to the car before.  Yes there is money in to cover the demand. If it is suma related I would have thought the bank would only tell me to go down to the suma offices which wont be possible now till we are over in October!!

Like 0      
01 May 2013 4:02 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

If you contact your bank for details and hopefully some sort of Suma reference. you can contact Suma online.

www.suma.es  and in the "How to Contact " box is the option for Local Tax Queries.

This takes you to a link for email.

There is also a helpline number  965 292 000. I think they will probably have an English speaker if your Spanish is not fluent.

Jean

Like 0      
01 May 2013 5:40 PM by shuaholic Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thank you very much for your help. x

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Energy Survey required for any property sold after June 2013 - 3 posts
Residentia obligations. - 18 posts
Builders - Looking for someone who does extensions in Kitchens in Murcia - 2 posts
Forming and Registering a Business in Spain - 8 posts
HUMA NEDITERRANEO in Administration - 0 posts
2 + 3 Seater Sofa's For Sale - 0 posts
Hello - 0 posts
Old debts - 11 posts
Buying a car Spain or England - 9 posts
Lloyds/Sabadell - 33 posts
Mobile phones UK - 3 posts
car tax....to pay or not to pay - 5 posts
Malaga golf courses - 0 posts
Desperation and Insurance Fraud - 0 posts
DoYouSpain Car Hire - 3 posts
pool - 2 posts
Buying for the first time in Spain - 26 posts
police station address - NIE - 20 posts
Having a car in Spain for Hilidays - Is it a viable option - 4 posts
Warfrin in Spain - 12 posts
Why would anyone still want to move to Spain?(unless they are rich, with a good accountant) - 15 posts
burberry - 5 posts
non resident taxes - 0 posts
Tax allowances - 1 posts
AEAT Capital Gains Tax Demand - 22 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x