EGM's

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Apr 2013 5:10 PM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

Help please? I know that AGM is annual general meeting and that EGM is emergency general meeting. My husband President of our Community is calling an EGM for a specific purpose which all owners know about and are happy to supply their proxy's as we need to call the EGM on our lawyer's advice "for ratification" purposes.However now another owner has asked that her item, completely unrelated to the purpose of this EGM, be heard. Can this be done, or should this wait until the AGM?

History is that we are legalising a joint pool between the Communities. All want this but it has to be done lawfully i.e. the EGM. Now another owner who bought an unlegalised showroom and turned it into an apartment for which she pays no Community Fees wants this to be made legal at the EGM. We are very unhappy about this as have vitually no knowledge on this showroom except to know that it is illegal for a dwelling and feel that this needs much more research and should be held at out next AGM. The most important thing to us and to all the rest of the owners was to get the pool legalised, and only that.

If anyone has any knowledge of EGM's and their procedure I would be very grateful to hear from them, as I believe the EGM is being hijacked for this owner (who has her property up for sale) to use our EGM for her own benefit.

Regards,

Mo

Like 0      
14 Apr 2013 5:34 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The community ( I am sure )  cannot legalise a change of use as you describe. There must be authorisation from the municipality.   Probably far from straightforward

Also.   Each apartment/ property in a community has a 'quota' (share of the community) If you add another property  (or change the size of one) then the share of every other property / apartment would have to changed and be re-registered with the Property Registry Office. Probably pretty expensive.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2013 5:54 PM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

Hi Johnz, yes I agree I just gave a synopsis we do have a licence for the pool but need it to be legalised between the two phases who pay for it. Out lawyer has advised that Judge's go by recorded minutes and this is why we need an EGM even though both phases have agreed between themselves.

Regarding the other this has come completely out of the blue and not something we want to discuss at the EGM at present, and I wondered can we just say NO at the present time to the other item?

Thanks for answering so quickly.

Mo

Like 0      
14 Apr 2013 6:14 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Anthomo

Sorry when I said, "The community ( I am sure )  cannot legalise a change of use as you describe. There must be authorisation from the municipality.   Probably far from straightforward"  I was referring to the change of use of the showroom.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2013 6:57 PM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

Yes Johnz my feeling too I believe she is trying to rush through something that is very dubious all we want at the present time is for the 2 communities to sort out payment etc for the pool and ten  then this happens!!

Like 0      
23 Sep 2013 7:25 AM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Hello All

On the subjet of EGM's, if you do not have many people attending and not many proxy votes is it legal for a President to take all absent votes on his side?  We have one coming up soon and it would be useful to know, we have never been involved with an EGM before so any advice would be good.

Cheers

Jojan

Like 0      
23 Sep 2013 7:30 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

............................ if you do not have many people attending and not many proxy votes is it legal for a President to take all absent votes on his side?

Simple answer, No.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What is going on with card sharing? - 0 posts
New photos loaded on Camposol Community Forum Page - 3 posts
Neighbour from hell - 13 posts
Insolvency - 6 posts
upto date advice if poss please - 1 posts
belgium/french pesion? - 0 posts
Newbee!!! - 0 posts
Help!!!! UK to SPAIN. ANYONE GOT SPACE IN A VAN/LORRY????? - 4 posts
Inland Sky TV Spain - 9 posts
HELP!!!! UK to SPAIN ANY SPACE IN A VAN???? - 0 posts
latest threads first, please! - 4 posts
NEWBEE - CASTELLO AIRPORT FLIGHT PATHS - 0 posts
INHERITANCE AND STEPCHILDREN IN SPAIN - 16 posts
HELP!!!! Uk to England, Any Space In A Van/Lorry - 0 posts
Changing the way community fees are paid - 5 posts
CONGRATULATIONS KEITH - 2 posts
Junta de Andalucia - 0 posts
Brussels warns Spain of 1 billion euro sanction if they don't listen - 7 posts
New Coastline Law will save 3000 properties in Comunidad Valenciana - 0 posts
Who said, 'My UK bank will never reveal info about my account?' - 7 posts
Blue Card - 0 posts
THOUGHTS ON AYAMONTE AND COSTA DEL SOL/MIJAS AREA - 4 posts
nightclubs in los alcazares - 1 posts
HELP TRANSLATING INFORME DE CARGA PLEASE! BUYING LHD CAR IN UK - 2 posts
Extending/enlarging and apartment - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x