Regulator for orange gas bottle Quesada/Rojales/formentera

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Apr 2013 4:39 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar
Can anyone tell me the best place to buy a regulator for an orange gas bottle around Quesada/Rojales? Also where is the best/cheapest place to swap an empty for full bottle or are they standard prices? Cheers

Like 0      
09 Apr 2013 4:53 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Officially one must have a licence to use orange bottle gas. The spares are unobtainable from the official suppliers.

That said. They can be found in ferreterías.

The price is set by the government, although I believe garages can add a few cents.

It has been suggested here on the forum,  that is one has a fire or other incident using the gas, that if the licence has not be obtained, and the periodic inspections not carried out, one’s  insurance cover might be invalidated.

Like 0      
09 Apr 2013 5:23 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

In Formentera they come round and deliver making a lot of noise so you know they are around. 

It is on a Tuesday and Friday about 1 to 2. They are very helpful carry the bottle in for me as well. I have two

bottles silver and orange. So I would think they must deliver round all the other areas as well. Yes a regulator can be found at the ferreteras.

Patricia 

This message was last edited by pat and roy on 09/04/2013.

This message was last edited by pat and roy on 09/04/2013.

Like 0      
09 Apr 2013 5:29 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me the best place to buy a regulator for an orange gas bottle around Quesada/Rojales? Also where is the best/cheapest place to swap an empty for full bottle or are they standard prices? Cheers

If you mean the regulator that fits into / onto the top of the bottle, then the one that fits the silver bottle also fits the orange bottle, i had both but one regulator, the garage i used took, and sold both bottles, even on the same sale, like for like, i never had any licence and was never asked to show one when i bought either, the Ferreterias sell the regulator so do the Chino shops......Tonge in cheek with that one.

Good point Johnzx said about licence and insurance, makes sense these days what with every insurance company looking for the get-out-clause.

This message was last edited by baz1946 on 09/04/2013.

Like 0      
09 Apr 2013 5:53 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
The bricolaje on the way into Los Montesinos sells the regulators. They also exchange bottles as do both the Gama shops in Quesada plus Don De up by the arches. Prices are regulated and should cost the same everywhere.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Complaints forms? - 2 posts
Changing address for NIE/Vehicle for notifications. - 0 posts
financial eligibilty for residencia - 11 posts
Car Hire? - 2 posts
The Iron Lady - Did you love her or hate her? - 157 posts
TAX - 8 posts
Corvera, the smart new kid on the block in Spain's empty airports club - 3 posts
can any one help me - 7 posts
bed sizes - 2 posts
Building a horse stable/shelter - 1 posts
INSURANCE EXCLUSIONS - ACTS OF GOD AND THE CONSORCIO - 21 posts
bank lending to communities - 1 posts
Hi I'm new here. - 8 posts
New Government plan to boost jobs & property market - 1 posts
Bringing UK hard-disk recorder - 2 questions - 7 posts
walking dogs - 17 posts
rental agreement need advice??? - 4 posts
Habitation certificate - 106 posts
About to get my account suspended so i will just leave - 1 posts
Having spanish empolyees based spain for a UK comapny - 3 posts
Alebs - 2 posts
CAM paying Eurohouse clients without a Bank Guarantee - 2 posts
Aifos showing Bank accounts - 28 posts
Rural Property Taxes - 0 posts
Sky UK to add subtitles to FTA channels - Sky News, Pick TV & Challenge. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x