Definitive Swimming Pool Size / Lifeguard Regulations Wanted

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Mar 2013 1:18 PM by Nigie Star rating. 109 posts Send private message

We need to make some important decisions around our community pool with regards to the surface area over 200 square metres and employing lifeguards.

We can then decide on our approach i.e. section off an area of a pool to reduce the 200m2 / Reduce the overall size permanently / employment of lifeguards....

Please, I don't want opinions or any heresay, I am interested in exactly where I can get a definitive statement as to what falls within and outside of the regulations. Does anyone know who / what body I can approach in Spain (Andalucia) in order to obtain this information ?

Searching the internet is proving fruitless.

Or if not, do you know of anyone who I can contact that may know - an administrator, builder, solicitor etc...

Or even how your community has approached / dealt with this issue.

It may involve a large investment of funds so we have to be absolutely certian that our decision is approved and legal.

It is quite urgent as we need to address this immediately.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Regards

Nigel

Like 0      
24 Mar 2013 4:44 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

http://costadelsol.angloinfo.com/information/lifestyle/sports-and-leisure/spanish-pool-laws/

http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-magazine/pool-legals.aspx

Click on region you're in.

This message was last edited by guslopez on 24/03/2013.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2013 5:07 PM by Nigie Star rating. 109 posts Send private message

Thanks but I had looked at those two links prior to my posting.

The reason I require more information is we would like to partition off part of the main pool using fencing, therefore giving us an accessible area of under 200m2. Then in the months of July and august when we can afford a lifeguard, we plan to remove the fencing, and utilise the whole area.

Therefore I need confirmation that the 200m2 is of actual ACCESSIBLE water at that point in time, as opposed to all of the water.

Thanks

Regards

Nigel

Like 0      
25 Feb 2015 10:36 AM by actcnm Star rating in villamartin . 17 posts Send private message

It seems we are a couple of years behind but we have just heard of this regulation and are in the same situation as you were. How did you cope with the situation, were you able to fence of part of the pool? Any advice would be helpful.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2015 11:43 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Nigie, I guess you have spoken to your Administration, they 'should' know all the rules.      Or your town hall maybe.

As you say asking around, the internet etc.,  does not necessarily provide actuate,  up to date inf.

A bit like asking 5 lawyers in Spain and getting 6 different answers,    all of which are wrong.

Good luck.

PS as you have not provided any profile info, subscribers will find it difficult to give you info relevant to your area.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 25/02/2015.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2015 2:01 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

This matter is regulated by regional laws. What region is the pool located?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 Feb 2015 2:13 PM by actcnm Star rating in villamartin . 17 posts Send private message

Hola Maria,

We are located in Orihuela costa, any information on this would be appreciated.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2015 2:34 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Yes, you need to fence pools in Comunidad Valenciana. Obligatory by Law

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 Feb 2015 3:07 PM by actcnm Star rating in villamartin . 17 posts Send private message

Thank you for that Maria but it was not the question, the question is, I believe that if we have a community pool over 200 meters2 surface area then we need a lifeguard, if we put a fence in the pool so that part of the pool is now under 200 meters 2 do we still need a lifeguard.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2015 3:11 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Lifeguard and fencing are irrespective. You do need a lifeguard

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 Feb 2015 3:19 PM by actcnm Star rating in villamartin . 17 posts Send private message

Hola Maria, thank you very much.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2015 3:30 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Resultado de imagen de de nada

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Do you need a TA1 form to get a Tarjeta Sanitaria - 6 posts
WANTED info left hand drive for right hand drive - 3 posts
Aparthoteles failures - 0 posts
Exchange Spanish car for British - 2 posts
Advice sought regarding the transfer of a vehicle in Spain - 7 posts
mooring in Lo Pagan,Mar Menor,Murcia. - 1 posts
Solar tank - 6 posts
Swimming Pool Filter - 0 posts
Looking for a Shih Tzu - 3 posts
11 month rental contract - 13 posts
Royal British Legion - 0 posts
Mungry Out - 5 posts
Iberdrola excessive charge - 10 posts
swede trying to locate property in spain, will pay for help - 5 posts
What do I need to know about living in Spain? - 8 posts
Property swaps - 3 posts
VPO problem - can anyone advise please? - 2 posts
Affordable housing - 0 posts
Van hire - 5 posts
Are there any shops in Lo Crispin? - 1 posts
Real Estate Agents - 12 posts
Amenities in Lo Crispin - 7 posts
Doors and door frames - 30 posts
Where Are All The Rental Properties ? - 4 posts
applying for residencia - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x