car leasing in spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by bill and eddy Star rating in valencia area. 5 posts Send private message

hi bill and eddy here want to know about car leasing in spain....is it cheap like england....thanks

Like 0      
18 Jul 2007 11:43 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Bill and Eddy,

There are companies that will do lease contracts,we use these for our business as it is 100% tax deductable plus you can claim back the iva.

They are not advertised widely and they are classed as rental in spain.

You will have to attend a notary to sign documents and the payment process is exactly the same as the UK with monthly payments and a ballon payment at the end.

There are several companies that we use and i can supply you with their details if you wish,there are some good deals around at the moment,if you want a veichle that is a stock product the rates are very good and the payments tend to be cheaper than the UK.

The agreement also includes tyre change,insurance,breakdown cover etc.........

Hope this helps

Georgia

Like 0      
18 Jul 2007 12:28 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
Hi Georgia

Me again :

Do you know if you can lease in Spain as a private person as opposed to a company

I think you can in the UK (You cannot in Ireland)

Also have you ever done a price comparision re lease-buy (I know from a company perspective it is more convenient) but if you just look at running costs...with the lease?

PKnott

Like 0      
18 Jul 2007 12:40 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi PKNOTT,

yes,i am pretty sure you can lease as a individual rather than a person,they will require proof of earnings.

It is more cost effective for us as a company and the fact that every 3 years we can get a new car by just exchanging it and continuing the payment.

For an Opel Astra we pay approx €350 inc iva per month including new tyres after 40,000km,all services,breakdown cover and fully comp insurance for the full term,thats a high spec diesel model as well.

Banco popular are doing good deals at the moment and so are Banesto(the business bank of Santander).

I have not done a comparison against leasing as an individual,through a company it has great advantages.

Hope this helps

Georgia 

Like 0      
19 Jul 2007 2:44 PM by shinyandy Star rating in Marbella. 5 posts Send private message

shinyandy´s avatar

Georgia,

Could you send me details of any lease deals you know of, we're currently doing long term hire through a car hire company but it's costing 550€ a month at the moment for a 5 door TDI Leon so it seems there are savings to be had. I searched high and low for a lease company but found nothing !

Any info greatly received

Andy

Like 0      
19 Jul 2007 2:59 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
OOOO......HHHHHH.....Me too.....more to add to the info pack....I would be interested to know if they allow personal lease hire...

Like 0      
19 Jul 2007 3:05 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi SHINYANDY,

I do not know why they do not advertise these deals as they would get so much trade,it had been a while since we bought our last company car so i searched the internet and came up totally blank.

The Spanish still call lease hire "renting" so thats maybe why it is so hard to find.

The three banks that we tried are Banesto,Banco Popular and Santander,we got the best deal through Santander,a lot of the branches have started putting leaflets in their branches,if you can't see them just ask as they all seem to do it.

If you are really stuck PM me and i will give you the phone numbers of the branch managers.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
22 Mar 2008 12:29 PM by dlambert Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

georgia you said "There are several companies that we use and i can supply you with their details if you wish,there are some good deals around at the moment,if you want a veichle that is a stock product the rates are very good and the payments tend to be cheaper than the UK

could you please provide me with these details

Like 0      
22 Mar 2008 1:26 PM by wood1e Star rating in Colchester. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam post **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 3/22/2008.

Like 0      
28 Mar 2008 8:15 AM by PeteB Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi georgia. Do you know if the company has to be registered in Spain for a commercial lease from a Spanish bank? We are coming to Spain for two years but my company is registered in the UK. Cheers. Pete  

Like 0      
31 Mar 2008 1:50 PM by InkaDM Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi there. You've been a great help already. Much appreciated.

How about some info about leasing of larger cars? Can you approximately say what it would cost  an individual to lease an Audi A4 or a Volksvagen Passat for example?

Thanks in advance.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2008 2:02 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi guys,

If you go into most branches of Santander and ask to see the Manager concerning leasing they will give details on almost any car avaliable.

You will have to prove your earnings and when i did it they required a bank reference(prooof your paying your mortgage)

I use the branch in Quesada because i find Vanessa the manager their very helpful.

They will give you a list of availabilty and price,they always have special offers on for specific cars if they have plenty in stock.

Good luck

Georgia

Like 0      
21 May 2008 2:08 AM by Lee Joseph Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi there,

I recently moved to Spain and want to lease a car through my limited company. Do I need to register my UK company in Spain firtly or do they rent/ lease to UK companies? 

Thanks for your help.

Lee

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 11:56 AM by chrissmith Star rating. 158 posts Send private message

chrissmith´s avatar
Hi Georgia,

Is it an option to go directly to the car manufacturer to get a lease deal or is it more expensive than going through a bank?

I notice on Fords for example that the Spanish website mentions leasing but doesn't give a lot of detals..
Cheers
Chris

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 12:19 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi Chris,
I ma not sure on that one,they may well do,for the price i got and the ease of use i found it simpler to go through Santander.
Regards
Georgia

Like 1      
26 Aug 2008 12:29 PM by chrissmith Star rating. 158 posts Send private message

chrissmith´s avatar
You wouldn't happen to have any contact details at Santander who speak English  as I'm definitely interested in going down this route. I'm based further down the coast but I assume that not all branches have the leasing facility.

Cheers
Chris

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 1:25 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
You are better off trying to find a local brach as you will need to attend the branch for the initial apaerwork and then a locxal notary to have it stamped.
Most of the Directors speak english so you shouldn't have too much trouble.
Thsi site is the santander one, www.bansacar.es 

Like 1      
22 Oct 2008 11:28 PM by centrix Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

G'day.....I am responding to a tender here in Australia that could see me putting a team into La Coruna for a few years and I am trying to get prices for the leasing of some cars. I have sent an email via the bansacar website requesting some info but after a week I have got no reply. Can anyone suggest another avenue, maybe a name and email address of their local bank contact who could help me out. I also need a contact for a La Coruna Real Estate Agent to get some prices on apartment rentals.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2017 8:50 AM by appyinspain Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi all. I realise this thread is from some years ago is there a current update on leasing. I am in Andalusia and am looking to lease a car I have looked on the internet and can only find one company in Germany. Is anyone currently leasing any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2017 6:31 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Lease Plan have a branch in Madrid - I once bought an ex lease car from them!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Where are our rights? - 0 posts
british cars in spain - 3 posts
reregister vehicle - 2 posts
Assignable contracts? - 2 posts
Distressed Cleaning! - 15 posts
lost cousin - 0 posts
Garden furniture table/ chairs loungers etc. - 16 posts
Auntie Em & Kenco - 2 posts
Film Reviews - 48 posts
long term rent - 3 posts
Light fittings - 2 posts
Help with inserting photos - 6 posts
Estate agent fees - 4 posts
legalalising holiday lets - 20 posts
Very short video on driving along the N332 to Alicante airport but funny......... - 6 posts
sea fishing - 13 posts
Almunecar Car-boot Sale - 0 posts
Hi everyone, what a useful site - 4 posts
Sports for kids - 5 posts
Order of Things to do - 4 posts
The page will not fit my screen! - 5 posts
Just saying Hi - 3 posts
Cheap Flights To Alicante - 0 posts
Hello from sunny Scarborough - 29 posts
Glad i found this Site!! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x