Ventalation for pellet burner, kitchen and bathroom

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Mar 2013 8:34 AM by JohnandCaroline Star rating in Alcala La Real. 12 posts Send private message

Hi
We may need ventilation for our kitchen and bathroom in the form of vents connected to a pipe going past our roofline. This is despite having fully opening windows in each room??? If we we do need these pipes, are there any reccomendations for installers, our walls are very thick

Also, in a similar vein, we will need a vent for a pellet burner, I guess it will be the same type of installers. Any help welcome

Like 0      
08 Mar 2013 1:41 PM by perce Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

I dont hnow what building regulations apply in spain, in the uk you would need mechanical ventilation for the kitchen and bathroom, for the room the wood burner was housed you would require permanent ventilation and a carbon minoxide alarm

Like 0      
08 Mar 2013 3:22 PM by chrisinspain Star rating in Los Alcazares. 195 posts Send private message

chrisinspain´s avatar

If the vents in the kitchen and bathroom are purely for ventialation then why do you need them going through the roof? Normally when I fit vents they go through the wall venting to the outside. I take it there is a reason why you want to vent through the roof with a powered vent??

The pellet burner would also need a free vented area equvalent to 75 square centimeters which works out at a hole through the wall of 127mm.

I would be happy to quote but you are a bit too far for me as I live near the Mar Menor, Los Alcazares. Ideally  you will need somebody with a diamond core drill rig which will go through just about anything. Hoe thick are you walls?

Air Conditioning, Energy Assessor+Technical Services,

chris@homecomforts.es   

http://www.homecomforts.es/

Like 0      
08 Mar 2013 7:51 PM by JohnandCaroline Star rating in Alcala La Real. 12 posts Send private message

Chrisinspain

Our architect was talking about vents in the walls going to the atmosphere via a vertical tube. If we can just have holes with a vent axis type of unit, that would be fine.

Not sure I understand about the pellet burner, ideally we would like to vent straight out the wall like a combi , wpikd a vertical section outside the house he required and if so, how tall. I think mist pipes coming out from the pellet burners are 80 mom dia.

Our walls are about 2 foot in places but are quite soft stone.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2013 10:48 PM by chrisinspain Star rating in Los Alcazares. 195 posts Send private message

chrisinspain´s avatar

If you are talking about the flue from the pellet burner, then it would have to go through the wall and extend upwards above your roof line. If it is just for room ventilation which you would need in addition to the flue then it would need to be a 127mm hole through the wall which would just provide ventilation. For the bathroom and kitchen then a natural draught vent would be fine A natural draught vent is just a hole in the wall.

The pellet burner is just a different type of wood burner so would need a flue which extends vetically and ideally should go above the top of you roof. When you instal any type of wood burner what you are in fact doing is trying to equalise the pressure in your house with the pressure outside. If the pressure outside is greater then the wood burner would not be able to get the products of combustion, (the smoke) out.

Air Conditioning, Energy Assessor+Technical Services,

chris@homecomforts.es   

http://www.homecomforts.es/

Like 0      
09 Mar 2013 8:48 AM by JohnandCaroline Star rating in Alcala La Real. 12 posts Send private message

Cheers Chris

I was hoping for a vent pipe straight out through the wall if the pellet stove venting was fan assisted, like combis etc in the UK. Thanks for info

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

laptop repair - 2 posts
Holiday place in Spain ? do you think it will be a good investment.. longer term ? - 44 posts
Residents Associations in Spain ? What are the negatives or the positives? - 5 posts
A "Spanish will" for UK Citizens to cover property ownership. - 0 posts
Done or want a Dacion De Pago or In Negative Equity? Tell us your story - 1 posts
Help I got a speeding ticket for 1080.00 for 2011? - 6 posts
Keith Rule joins the team at CostaLuz Lawyers - 7 posts
moving to quesada in april - 4 posts
De-registering a Spanish scooter - 4 posts
garden swimming pool ? - 40 posts
Buying in Cabopino, nr Marbella - 4 posts
Shutters on Spanish windows? - 20 posts
Andalucian style candleabra - 2 posts
Changing name on NIE - 6 posts
Bottle gas water heater - 3 posts
Gas hot water heaters - 12 posts
Looking for some information? - 0 posts
Residencia holder-Living outside Spain - 5 posts
Renew my Passport - 2 posts
What constitutes the escritura paperwork in Spain - 6 posts
Best place to buy a used car - 9 posts
Wanted Chicken manure - 1 posts
evicting tenant - 4 posts
DONKEY TAXIS AND BULLFIGHTING IN MIJAS PUEBLO - 22 posts
Looking for Removal Company - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x