coin operated electricity meters in Mallorca ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jan 2013 4:59 PM by patrice Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hello  i have been living in Mallorca off and on for 5 years now and this is the first forum i have stumbled across . I am hopeful .... tho' i do not think this will be a long thread as i am sure the answer will be swift .and final .

I am intending to offer my apartment to family and friends as i am not going to be using it much in the coming years . The electricity is hugely expensive on the island , i have AC and Central heating . I am happy that they do not pay rent but i do not want to pay high bills on thier behalf if possible.  A coin operated meter would be perfect . Does anyone know if there is such a thing here and how difficult they are to set up ..... i guess Endesa would have to be involved ? Would the electricion i employ for the installation deal with Endesa ? Needless to say i have tried to contact the electricity company to no avail . Grateful for any suggestions/info ..........   Pat

Like 0      
29 Jan 2013 6:30 PM by marctims Star rating in Welwyn Garden City, .... 19 posts Send private message

Hi Patrice,

You can obtain these without Endesa getting involved if it is only the AC & CH (assume electric?) that you want to control. Any registered electrician will be able to fit it for you. They are available on a very well known website which the last part rhymes with 'hay', PM me if you do not understand. But we have them in our apartments. They operate on 1€ or 2€ coins, some you can get are with pre-paid cards but I am not so sure about where you would obtain the cards from. They would need to be emptied regularly. Another perhaps easier solution would be to work out the running costs for these items and then make a standard charge if they use or don't, you might even gain. I think most people are reasonable as we rent to our families and they are more than happy to contribute to the electricity anyway.

Hope this helps?

PM if you need to.

MArc

Like 0      
02 Feb 2013 1:28 PM by patrice Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

thank you so much for your reply . I have found your suggestion of asking my home sitters for a donation of 50/100Euros a lovely idea .  It will put money into my Spanish bank account too ...... and so much simpler than the coin meter .     Thank you again .for your kindness ..

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Towns inland an hour from Malaga ideas please! - 1 posts
so confused about healthcare & prescriptions for non-pensioners - 28 posts
San Jose/HDT court action/Guadalupe - 4 posts
Improvement for the reception of UK Sky channels in Spain - 5 posts
proxy vote's - 4 posts
euros - 8 posts
Estate agents in El Campello - 0 posts
Legal tip 894. Creative legal solutions for property in Spain - 0 posts
assetts outside spain - 2 posts
IVA and Bank Guarantee Refunds - 3 posts
Mobilehome park in doñana huelva - 0 posts
Experienced Advice - 1 posts
Do i realy nead a solicitor, when selling - 16 posts
Dation and balance VII. Out of Court sales-auctions - 0 posts
Finally Moving to Spain - 9 posts
Prescription charges - 3 posts
Bank sales, repossessions. - 4 posts
TomTom Start 60 with free lifetime maps - 3 posts
20% Discount Calais-Dover book before 31 Jan - 0 posts
Claim against Bank for return of Deposit when FOL issued - 1 posts
What's going on in the blogs? - 0 posts
A good travel agent needed - 0 posts
Ideas for nice spanish towns to stay in within an hour of Alicante in March. - 2 posts
Expat Travel Insurance - 8 posts
For Sale - Black five door 1.5 diesel Renault Clio - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x