Spain strengthens ties with the jewish community

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Dec 2012 10:00 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Spain seems to be grabbing at any iniciative to build citizenship. Now all descendants of Sephardic jews will be given automatic citizenship. The Sephardic Jews' ancestors were thrown out of Spain in 1492 along with the Muslim Moors. They lived in Spain and Portugal until the 15th century but were later expelled by Ferdinand and Isabella, the Catholic Monarchs, who accused the Jewish population of trying to subvert the Catholic faith. Nowadays it is believed that there are 45000 in Spain and all they have to do is prove they are decendants of Sephardic Jews from the 15 century! I am sure they all have a family tree going back 500 years. None the less if it helps to attract the odd investor or two, sounds good to me!

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 5:17 AM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

yep

Spain also seems to be giving residence to anyone who has over 160k to spend on a house.

Residence to the Jews that are often financially solvent.

Encouraging Russians that have a long history of corruption and brutality to invest in projects.

but as one door opens for those with money how long till it starts to get really tricky and the brits that no longer have the cashflow get made unwelcome?

it is a small concern of mine.
small enough that i will have forgotton about it by the time i hit reply but still a concern.

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 10:52 AM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

Not sure I quite get that. If there are about 45000 IN Spain surely they are already citizens and if not becoming a citizen should not make much of a difference?

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 12:33 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

They aren't apparantly citizens and would imagine this inniciative would make it easier for extended family to move to Spain. 

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
21 Dec 2012 12:58 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

Ok, thanks. Is that really a matter of attracting money or more some kind of reconciliation? I know that a lot of Russian - Germans or German - Russians were invited to move to Germany from Russia or former UDSSR states and I don't think it was a monetary matter. Some of the families have been living there for Generations, in some cases since the 17th century.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Who said the property market wasn't moving? - 4 posts
Beneficiary - 4 posts
BBC News in UK - 0 posts
WILL THE WORLD END THIS FRIDAY...... - 15 posts
Nerja, just moved in, anyone from around here? - 2 posts
Visit Andalusian - 5 posts
Corvera confusion - 7 posts
Mobile nightmare - 3 posts
thinking of moving to spain - 8 posts
Electricity on the rise again - 0 posts
How should we feel - 78 posts
Tax info on selling a recently inherited property please - 2 posts
Illustrator Wanted - 0 posts
Looking for an Illustrator - 2 posts
SPAIN NO LONGER AN OPTION - 2 posts
Funny Christmas Greeting in Spanish! - 5 posts
SIA DOOR SUPERVISOR - 5 posts
Minimum age of consent in Spain - 5 posts
Motivated Brokers Wanted - 0 posts
Embargo on a Motorbike-Help! - 6 posts
Solar Plant Medina Sidonia - 0 posts
No wills - 2 posts
Inheritance Tax for Non-residents - 7 posts
Credit Checks in Spain - 0 posts
Tenants fom Hell. What can be done legally - 36 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x