Desperate times.....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Nov 2012 6:56 PM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

Valencia mum puts organs on sale to pay her rent 

A 44-YEAR-OLD mum is so desperate to make ends meet that she has put her non-vital organs up for sale on the internet.

The Valencia woman, who has not been named and could face up to 12 years in jail for 'illegal organ trafficking' if caught, only gets 426 euros in dole money and cannot afford to pay her rent. Her daughter, a student aged 22, receives a small orphan's pension as her natural father died some years ago.

They both live in the house owned by the woman's ex-boyfriend, from whom she separated after he regularly beat her up during their 15-year relationship.

She reported him on several occasions, but when the case went to court, a judge found the woman's former partner not guilty.

In the three years since they split up, things have gone from bad to worse, the mother says.

She has now received an eviction notice from her ex-boyfriend as she is unable to pay the rent.

“All I want is a home, a job I can do, and enough money to support my daughter through her studies,” the lady says.

Due to a back injury, she is certified as 66 per cent disabled, which restricts the types of job she can do.

Valencia city hall has offered her a council flat with a very low rent, but she says on 426 euros a month, it is impossible to pay any amount – even if it were only 50 euros.

She had spoken to a female doctor in Melilla, one of the two Spanish-owned cities on the north Moroccan coast, about one of her kidneys and any other organs she could live without being extracted, although as yet her advert on the internet has not produced any response.

In practice, it is nearly impossible to sell organs, and is illegal in most countries.

But the woman says her body parts are 'all she has' and 'the only thing she can raise money from'.

“I just need to do what I can for my daughter – her life is what's most important. I don't care about my own any more,” the mother stated.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2012 3:44 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

It is tragic that people are prepared to reach such ends.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2012 5:34 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar

So so sad :-(

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spain keeps turning down dollars - 2 posts
Automatic residency rights if you buy a house in Spain - 4 posts
Roof coverings - 0 posts
3 Seater Sofa For Sale - 0 posts
Estate agents duquesa - 0 posts
Best Freesat Box for Malaga area - 0 posts
buying a new car - costa del sol - 11 posts
WANTED Spain Registerd LHD Car, Estate preferably may consider SWAP - 1 posts
We could be getting some more ex coppers on the Costas - 1 posts
SELLING SPANISH CAR IN ENGLAND - 5 posts
Peugeot 206 Bonnet Needed - 0 posts
Water Heater, Electric 50 litre For Sale - 0 posts
Final hearing decision - 0 posts
Moving to Javea and need mobile phone and broadband - 3 posts
Lawyer WAS neglegent !?!? - 6 posts
UK TV satellite changes due shortly - Astra 1N to be replaced by 2F - 2 posts
Sandie. - 0 posts
Traffic Police forced to hand out more fines! - 61 posts
Second Hand Golf Clubs MacGragor with Graphite Shaft for Sale - 0 posts
telefonica contact/ adsl help? - 9 posts
Torrevieja Tapa Trail - 2 posts
Running a 3 bedroom House with Pool as a Non Resident of Spain - 1 posts
Paying taxes, or not ! - 16 posts
Social Seguridad - register or not? - 18 posts
HEALTHCARE - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x