Do you live in or around Nerja? Weather info needed!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Oct 2012 2:56 PM by emjharts Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

I am going to Nerja in 2 days. I've not been at this time of year before so as all of the weather forecasts on the internet all seem to be completely different I thought I would ask someone who actually lives there to tell me what the weather is really like so I know what to pack!

So, is it quite changeable or is it really warm in the day? does it get quite cool at night, i.e. will i need to take a jacket? What about going to the beach? is that still a possibility or should I forget the beach towel and bikini?

I look forward to hearing from someone there right now!

Thanks!

Like 0      
09 Oct 2012 8:51 AM by gerrryuk Star rating in Mezquitilla, near To.... 179 posts Send private message

gerrryuk´s avatar

I am going to Nerja for a few days on 24 Oct for a few & have been told it is like an average summers day in southern England their now. Yea I will take a lightish coat & a jumper. I won't have time to go in the sea but last weekend the beach was very heavily used.

Another friend of mine who stayed within 50 miles of Alicante said it was pretty hot & he did not use his pullover once. 

Like 0      
09 Oct 2012 9:41 AM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

Hi Gerry

A good weather web site is   a e m e t. e s /e s/p o rtada - the system will not allow me to include a URL, but you get the gist.  I'd take a raincoat as well - it was raining heavily there last week. 

Enjoy!

Cheers.

Tina

This message was last edited by competa on 09/10/2012.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2012 10:20 AM by gerrryuk Star rating in Mezquitilla, near To.... 179 posts Send private message

gerrryuk´s avatar

Thanks Tina,

I think the weather for that area it is 

http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/comunidades?k=and&w=&o=pais   

If you have windows 7 it also translates it to the language you want

Thanks for pointing us in the  right direction. (another bit I've learned).

This message was last edited by gerrryuk on 09/10/2012.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2012 10:50 AM by loramos Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Hi Gerry

I live in Nerja and on my terrace right now the sun is shining and the thermometer is reading 26 c.It is cool in the evenings.However Feria starts tomorrow 10th-13th and there is always a little bit of rain then, which funnily enough doesn't affect the atmoshere.Tomorrow and friday are both bank holidays.

so come and enjoy yourself.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2012 10:54 AM by gerrryuk Star rating in Mezquitilla, near To.... 179 posts Send private message

gerrryuk´s avatar

Thank you Lora, but it is emjharts who is going on Thursday.

I am going in 2 weeks on the 24th.

Gerald

Like 0      
09 Oct 2012 10:56 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Just a quick reminder that Friday Oct 12 is a National Holiday over here so many of the shops may be closed...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
09 Oct 2012 10:56 AM by loramos Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Oops

Now i know why I rarely reply to these things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
09 Oct 2012 11:03 AM by gerrryuk Star rating in Mezquitilla, near To.... 179 posts Send private message

gerrryuk´s avatar

No Lora, keep replying we value your input it is super .......

Like 0      
09 Oct 2012 12:10 PM by emjharts Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Hi Lora / Foxbat, thanks for your input on weather, i think i know what to pack for tomorrow now, and rain in Spain is never ever like rain in the UK!!! However, I forgot about the Bank holidays, can you tell me which days the main supermarkets will close, i.e. will it be OK on Thursday as thats when we aim to do our big shop?

Like 0      
09 Oct 2012 1:10 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

It seems the weather sites appear to make things up as they go along.  When I looked for the weather in our area last week, 2 of the main sites showed overcast for today with chance of rain at 30%.  Today it is 34C, a very slight breeze and not a cloud in the sky.  The swimming pools are quite busy as well.  Of course, both those sites now say that it is sunny!  I know it's not the area you're looking for but the evenings are lovely and we were sitting out in the garden last night until nearly 11 pm.  Still have just a sheet on the bed and the main french windows are left open.  

Shops in Spain will be closed on Friday so you should be fine for Thursday but check out the website for the stores near you.  For example, the Carrefour site says the hypermarkets  will be open on Friday 12th in Andalucia.

This message was last edited by bobaol on 09/10/2012.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2012 2:00 PM by Seymour65 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi dear, I was there on last year in October and I found the weather was lovely, nice and warm. Nights can be a bit chilly ,you will find all establishments open. It is a best time for a visitor to go Nerja in April and October .

This message was last edited by Seymour65 on 13/10/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The running costs of Electricity and Water - 5 posts
New satellite channels from 11th October, Capital & Heart TV - 0 posts
Interested to hear views on this - 9 posts
BONFIRE NIGHT & HALLOWEEN - 9 posts
Advertising Errors in Spain - 3 posts
How would you sell a Static Caravan for Sale? - 7 posts
Air Rifles - The law in Spain? - 0 posts
Traditional townhouse wanted to buy in Jalon valley area - cash buyers - 0 posts
Wanted, long term rental from mid march 2013 couple with small dog. Honest & genuine. - 9 posts
Newbie wanting to say hi and wanting a rental from mid march 2013. - 0 posts
Question about voting at AGM - 8 posts
For SALE - Faux leather sofa bed - 0 posts
WANTED COARSE FISHING TACKLE / EQUIPMENT - 0 posts
Problems editing advert - 1 posts
Newbie Here wanting to be there :) - 1 posts
Wasjigs wanted !!?? - 0 posts
Motor Bike purchase & costs - 12 posts
Legal Wedding in Spain - 1 posts
Does anyone have their boiler serviced? - 0 posts
La Zenia Boulevard.....Amazing - 1 posts
Newbie - 0 posts
Inheritance tax - 3 posts
Is it legal for votes to be counted after the agm or egm has endec? - 1 posts
Geoff - 0 posts
Dead and Gone - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x