Looking for opinions from young, professional couples in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Sep 2012 3:35 PM by orangecat Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi All

After reading the thread "Why go back to the UK? Is Spain not cheap enough?" - I still have questions...

It seems the majority of the people (regardless of the positive/negative/honest posts) seem to be families with school aged children or people living off pensions.

What I would like to know is:

Are there any couples (married, together, engaged, gay or straight) our there, without children, in their 20's or 30's who work full time currently living in Spain?

If so, what is your opinion of life in Spain? Do you find that salaries are lower but quality of life is better? Can you live comfortably on your salaries? Do you worry every day that your job might come to an end? Can you offer "your story" about choosing to move to Spain and how it's working out for you?

So far some users have been very helpful and generous with their time but I am looking for opinions from a different market.

Thanks in advance

orangecat

Like 0      
30 Sep 2012 3:56 PM by rowantree Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi Orangecat

we don't quite fit your criterion as I am 50 and my husband is 42, and I have a grown up son of 22 who lives in the UK. That said  in the Uk we were a professional couple who both worked full time ( I was a management and business development consultant and my husband was a HR professional and freelence writer)

We moved here 2 years ago (Murcia province) and initiially I was a self - employed English teacher but gave it up due the unpredictable cashflow (cancelled lessons) and the inflexible €250.00 self employed social security payment. My husband has been developing his writing business and although fiction is his passion, his day job is business writing for magazines, web content, training manuals, ghost writing, editing and proof reading etc.

We are mortgage free and live quite a modest life here compared to our lifestyle in the UK, my husband's clients are international so we are not reliant on the Spanish economy and that was a strategic decision we made before moving here so that if we fancy a change we can move somewhere else.

Please private message me for more information if you think it would be useful

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

¿up the proverbial? - 0 posts
Living on 1000.euros - 125 posts
Line Dancing - Costa Tropical Area - 1 posts
Friend's grandmother clips son around ear-hole: a sign of true integration? - 9 posts
Long Term Car Hire - 5 posts
Hi, I'm new here and would like some suggestions. - 19 posts
Storms in Southern Spain - 8 posts
Geoff - 3 posts
geoff - 0 posts
The flash floods - 0 posts
Community Fees by Direct Debit - 2 posts
property ¬banks - 0 posts
Price comparison and service in Spain - 7 posts
Flash Floods in Southern Spain - 4 posts
Spanish Bank Pursuing UK and Irish Assets - 3 posts
Masmovil network - 3 posts
Why go back to the Uk? Is Spain not cheap enough? - 216 posts
U.K. Driving licence. - 36 posts
When the family come to visit - they won't all fit in the car. - 1 posts
Ryanair Flights - 2 posts
Spanish TV in the community - 1 posts
BRITISH DRIVING LICENCE AND RESIDENCE - 0 posts
Exporting ypur Spanish car to the U.K. - 0 posts
Temoporary Structures, What are the rules? - 1 posts
FIAT PUNTO - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x