Accessing Bankia Account from UK...getting desperate!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Aug 2012 3:26 PM by Ian78 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi,
I am new to this site and glad I've found it, after tearing my hair out with Bankia. We have managed to get our online access blocked by entering the wrong details and now can't access online. All the advice tells you to go to your branch or ATM, which would of course mean leaving the UK. The customerservice line never returns calls and they insist that I must go to Spain just to unblock the access. Has anybody else come across this and found how to resolve it without travelling to Spain? I am now unsure exactly what my login details are, as I tried every combination to no effect.
Any help gratefully received,
Ian

Like 0      
23 Aug 2012 4:35 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Your access is the number on the document you opened the bank account with.  If you used the NIE then use that, if you used your passport use that but make sure you use the passport you opened the account with as you may have had a new since then.  The password is the PIN you use with your debit card.

Unlocking a blocked account, though, I don't know.  The advice and help section of the website only comes up once you have logged in so not very helpful.

Like 0      
23 Aug 2012 4:41 PM by snorkychopper Star rating in England / Spain. 226 posts Send private message

snorkychopper´s avatar

I had the same problem when Bancja turned into Bankia - I had to call them initially and if you dial the help desk number and keep bashing the zero key on you phone eventually you will get through to a person and then someone who speaks English and will be very helpful.

They made me reset my acess code online but you need this and you wil need you yNIE number to logon - do  keep trying as when you do get it to work its impressive

good luck

Like 0      
23 Aug 2012 4:41 PM by snorkychopper Star rating in England / Spain. 226 posts Send private message

snorkychopper´s avatar

I had the same problem when Bancja turned into Bankia - I had to call them initially and if you dial the help desk number and keep bashing the zero key on you phone eventually you will get through to a person and then someone who speaks English and will be very helpful.

They made me reset my acess code online but you need this and you wil need you yNIE number to logon - do  keep trying as when you do get it to work its impressive

good luck

Like 0      
24 Aug 2012 5:42 PM by ian78 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks both very much for your help. I must have sounded bereft on my last phone message, as they replied yesterday! Sure enough, they are insisting I go to Spain to unblock the account, as our branch will not do it and they are the only ones who would have the power to do so. Utterly ridiculous, but why I'm surprised I don't know!
Thanks again.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2012 4:52 AM by neddie Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Ian, while i appreciate your problem and frustration, when you stop and think about it, the bank is in fact protecting your account.

It would appear that the bank does not have enough identification data in their system for them to ask you to identify yourself and then be able to 'unlock' you over the phone. Here in the US one is locked out after one has incorrectly put ones username and/or password in three attempts......on phoning the bank they will ask any number of questions ( name, address, birthday,plus other personal data provided when the a/c was opened etc) before unlocking you.

The system may be very different in Spain.

On a similar (frustrating) note ........ i had an account at a Canadian bank in the USA and decided i wanted an account in Canada as well and so my branch in the US helped me set it  up. Once the account had been opened thay sent me a Debit Card which could only be activated by me personally going to any branch in Canada...... i could not activate it at the branch in the US......work that out!!!!!!

The only thing i could suggest is if you could get hold of someone senior in the bank who should have some authority to help sort things out.

Like 0      
07 Dec 2012 12:35 PM by mrvanman Star rating in Jacarilla. 8 posts Send private message

Hi all

I'm having problem to and wondered if there was a UK number for this bank if anyone knows it would be a big help

Many Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
07 Dec 2012 12:44 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I am not a customer, but ae you calling :   +34 91 787 75 75

If you need to call a 902, 900 etc number from O/S Spain, that can be done on SKYPE or any other VIOP service.

I just found these numbers too for internet banking 902 2 4 6 8 10 

00 34 91 602 46 80

and https://oi.bankia.es/en/login which is the log in page for on-line bankimg

This message was last edited by johnzx on 07/12/2012.

Like 0      
27 Dec 2019 10:04 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Hi

I hope you have accessed your account by now. My account is with Sabadell and I have been unable to access it since September.

Normally I would have been to Spain by now and able to call at the bank and sort matters out, but my wife is ill and we cannot go until she has had and recovered from her operation.

The problem started with an EU directive. All banks had to introduce an extra layer of security. The banks here in the UK have done it as well. The difference here is that they informed customers before hand and have backup for when it all goes wrong.

Sabadell introduce the new level of security by introducing a check No sent to your mobile phone. As stated here, good as extra security for costomers. Apparently they warned customers by putting adverts on Spanish TV. Spanish phone companies take your phone number away if you do not use it for 3 or 6 months. So in my case they sent the number to a defunct phone line (probably to a new phone customer).

When you ring them their only recourse is to tell you you have to go to the branch. Which of course I cannot do. I have spent a fortune on phone calls to all the Sabadel numbers I can lay my hands on (including the London Branch) and have even sent in a complaints form, sent a registered letter to my branch manager and sent my lawyer to the branch all with no result (except that they gave my lawyer an up to date statement).

I had given up, but made one last attempt before Christmas. I told the young lady at the branch that I was staying on the phone until I got some action. Eventually she gave me a branch email address (something no-one was prepared to do before). I used it with little hope but on Christmas eve I received an email saying they had sent me a letter by post.

I do hope it turns out to be a nice Christmas (or new year) present.

Tteedd

This message was last edited by tteedd on 27/12/2019.

Like 0      
28 Dec 2019 12:09 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

It would be interesting to know why this ‘’have to go to the branch’’ so they can see you and touch you, comes up so often.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2020 9:58 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

24 Mar 2020 3:51 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

I'd like to know if Ian finally regained online access to his account?

My wifes operation was cancelled twice and is now cancelled untill the C-19 crisi is over!

The letter I got from my bank was a statement.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2020 1:02 PM by connas007 Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

I had the same problem and had to go to branch Im afraid even after speaking to an english speaking advisor can you contact branch direct maybe ?

Like 0      
30 Sep 2020 12:44 PM by albertein Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

have you managed to to get access, can you go to any branch ? its wrong they have you details but wont send you access code

Like 0      
30 Sep 2020 4:54 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi 

If you are unable to come to Spain, give someone you know or trust your Power of Attorney to act on your behalf in this matter. Other than giving you this advice, I do not know what else to suggest.

Good Luck

Nigel

Like 0      
30 Sep 2020 6:46 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Original post 23 Aug 2012. I would hope so by now!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Address on NIE/ Social security - 9 posts
Suggestions on a Postcard to... - 1 posts
Best place to buy a new TV - 13 posts
Corvera airport revisited - 1 posts
Belmonteinternational - 0 posts
Would like to watch English speaking TV - 9 posts
President withdraws resignation - 5 posts
Free guides for rest of August - 0 posts
Dation and balance - 0 posts
Is this REALLY secure and safe? - 6 posts
Rogue Tenant - 0 posts
Property costs in Barcelona - 0 posts
Olympic Bloopers - 4 posts
Advice on the Canary Islands please - 1 posts
Peuguot 307 convert. 2008 For Sale - 0 posts
Long term rental in or around Ciudad Quesada. - 1 posts
Driving a Spanish Registered car in the UK - 41 posts
The Spanish Highway Code - 3 posts
changing the name on my endesa bill - 7 posts
NEW PADRON REQUIRED TO RETAIN HEALTH COVER ???? - 36 posts
duplicate licences, and licence category - 0 posts
Attention Jet2 points collectors - 3 posts
Changed to a Spanish Licence and now robbed of all my catagories! - 15 posts
Torresat - 0 posts
Why Torresat price has gone up - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x