Latest info re EU Citizen Registration (formerly Residencia)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jul 2012 2:23 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This is the latest info regarding the requirements for EU Citizen Registration. 
At present I have no knowledge how the system is or will work in practice,

DOCUMENTACIÓN ACREDITATIVA PARA CERTIFICADO DE REGISTRO
 1. Copia de pasaporte o documento nacional de identidad, válido y en vigor, del solicitante o copia de los mismos caducados y de la solicitud de renovación. 2. Tasa pagada (10.30 euros)
3. Los documentos que a continuación se detallan según los casos:
TRABAJADOR CUENTA AJENA.- Uno de los siguientes documentos: - Declaración de contratación del empleador
 Incluyendo nombre de la empresa, C.I.F. de la empresa, Código Cuenta Cotización en la SS de la empresa.
- Certificado de empleo
 - Contrato de trabajo registrado en el S.P. Empleo - Alta en la SS
 O bien consentimiento para la comprobación de datos en los ficheros de la Tesorería General de la Seguridad Social.

TRABAJADOR CUENTA PROPIA.- Uno de los siguientes documentos:
 - Inscripción en el censo de actividades económicas.
- Inscripción del establecimiento mercantil en el Registro Mercantil. - Alta en la SS
 O bien consentimiento para la comprobación de datos en los ficheros de la Tesorería General de la Seguridad Social.

NO TRABAJA.- Todos los documentos siguientes:
 - Seguro de enfermedad con cobertura durante su período de residencia equivalente a la proporcionada por el Sistema Nacional de Salud (pensionistas será suficiente con documento que acredite que tienen derecho a asistencia con cargo al Estado que le paga la pensión).
- Prueba de recursos suficientes (mínimo 5.007,81 euros)
 ESTUDIANTES.
­Posibilidad 1:·         Matrícula
·         Seguro de enfermedad o tarjeta sanitaria europea válida durante todo el período de residencia.
·         Declaración de que posee recursos suficientes.

Posibilidad 2:      Acreditación de ser participante en UE de intercambio educativo

ENGLISH TRANSLATION  (by Bing)

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
1. Copy of passport or national identity card, valid and in force, of the applicant or copy of the same expired and the application for renewal. 2 Rate paid (10.30 euros) xx
3. The documents listed below as appropriate:

WORKER  employed
-one of the following documents:-20th employer recruitment statement
 Including company name, CIF of the company code account trading on the SS of the company.
-Certificate of employment
-Contract work registered in the employment S.P. - high in the SS
Either consent to the verification of data in the files of the General Treasury of the Social Security.

WORKER, self employed .-    one of the following documents:
-Registration on the Census of economic activities.
-Registration of the mercantile establishment in the mercantile registry. -High in the SS

Either consent to the verification of data in the files of the General Treasury of the Social Security.

NOT working.-all of the following documents:

-Health coverage during their period of residence equivalent to that provided by the national system of health insurance
(pensioners will be accepted with documentation that certifies they are entitled to medical assistance, paid by the State which pays the pension).

-Proof of sufficient resources (minimum 5.007,81 EUR)

ESTUDIANTES.

Possibility 1:
 • Registration
• Insurance of sickness or European health insurance card valid throughout the period of residence.
Declaration that he has sufficient financial resources.

Possibility 2:
Accreditation to be member in EU educational exchange

Like 0      
17 Jul 2012 5:54 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

I suppose that if a non-trabajador was unable for some reason to provide todos los documentos then there wouldn't be any point in applying for a certificado de registro. 

Like 0      
17 Jul 2012 6:02 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Hello Guy

Yes that is how I would read it too

But of course in that case the person would not be permitted to stay for more than 3 months permanently

OR

183 days in total in any year.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2012 8:35 PM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

So you are saying if a  British EU citizen cannot provide all paperwork due to being a non worker for example yet not retired, they cannot stay in Spain?Hard to believe. What you listed doesnt cover all scenarios, for example what if an EU citizen had been working  permanently with contract in Spain, was made redundant and is now unemployed here? They have to leave?

Surely if an EU citizen has lived in spain for more than 5 years, they have the right to permanent residency in Spain without having to register again. Spain may try and go against this but it is EU  law.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2012 9:09 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I think johnzx post refers to people just coming to Spain, not those that have lived here for some time.  The actual EU directive states

Right of residence for more than three months

The right of residence for more than three months remains subject to certain conditions. Applicants must:

• either be engaged in economic activity (on an employed or self-employed basis);
  • or have sufficient resources and sickness insurance to ensure that they do not become a burden on the social services of the host Member State during their stay. The Member States may not specify a minimum amount which they deem sufficient, but they must take account of personal circumstances;
  • or be following vocational training as a student and have sufficient resources and sickness insurance to ensure that they do not become a burden on the social services of the host Member State during their stay;
  • or be a family member of a Union citizen who falls into one of the above categories.

And the bit about if you have been here for 5 years or more is

Right of permanent residence

Union citizens acquire the right of permanent residence in the host Member State after a five-year period of uninterrupted legal residence, provided that an expulsion decision has not been enforced against them. This right of permanent residence is no longer subject to any conditions. The same rule applies to family members who are not nationals of a Member State and who have lived with a Union citizen for five years. The right of permanent residence is lost only in the event of more than two successive years' absence from the host Member State.

So both points of view are correct.  No need to get all confrontational about things when two different matters are being discussed.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2012 9:35 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I was not referring to anything. I just posted the new instructions for applying to EU Citizen Registration which I picked up from the National Police today, for the information of those need, or want, to know.

However, it of course can only refer to people who are registering for the first time, not those who have lived and worked here, presumably legally, for years.

I did say, "At present I have no knowledge how the system is or will work in practice."

Like 0      
17 Jul 2012 9:35 PM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

Confrontational? was just asking questions!  Also in your post it says for more than 3 months "The Member States may not specify a minimum amount which they deem sufficient, but they must take account of personal circumstances;"

However in the first post, it says under one of the requirements for registering  in Spain is to prove you have a minimum of €5000.

Also some EU citizens may have been here in Spain for more than 5 years, not have the old "residencia" or registered due to having been working here where they didnt have to do this so now find themselves in a difficult situation. All confusing!

Like 0      
17 Jul 2012 10:28 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

Not 5.000, ojosazul88, but 5.007 AND 81 cents.

I think I've mentioned my Spanish guru (local landowner who took me under his wing) - who chuckles whenever I ask him about these things and just repeats his mantra: "In Spain it is ALWAYS easiest and by far the cheapest to take no notice of the law, and if you get caught just pay the penalty." He says this makes everyone much happier. Some govt jobsworth gets the satisfaction of having caught you out and will bear you no malice. You are able to pretend to be humbled, which also makes them feel good and well disposed towards you. "Best of all, you are able to get on with your life without forever waiting for permission to do things." He breaks into a smile and roars with laughter. "Just do it, and pay the fines. Much quicker, easier and cheaper."

el estilo de vida español!

Like 0      
17 Jul 2012 11:29 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Nice post GuyT.  I think this is one of the best pieces of advice I've seen on Eye on Spain:

"In Spain it is ALWAYS easiest and by far the cheapest to take no notice of the law, and if you get caught just pay the penalty."

A gestor I know says something similar as well.

I'm definitely coming round to this way of thinking.  I was being way too British when I first moved here but I'm slowly adapting to the Spanish way of doing things.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2012 12:18 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

So, even though you live here, but do not earn any money here, but actually decide to abide by the law and declare your worldwide income (as you are tax resident here) - that's just a local joke is it??  It's people who don't declare their income and do not pay their tax and think that they are living a tax free life that contribute to the general woes of the country!!  

As someone who lived tax free in the middle east for the majority of the past three decades I don't mind paying tax if it's due!  Even though we don't earn a penny in Spain!!  We still live here!

Edited to say: that i know this isn't specifically on thread but can see the signs!!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 18/07/2012.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2012 8:08 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Unfortunately johnzx, you have to apply to be registered , even if you don't meet the conditions as it is an offence not to apply carrying a 300€ fine.

Anyway EU rules state specifically that countries may impose requirements to obtain permanent residency but regardless of this they also state that no country can confer residency but the citizen decides himself. Regardless of whether there is any official paperwork the Eu citizen is a resident from the day he enters a country IF HE SO WISHES.

All you have to do is apply for the  certificate to comply with the law. The fact that you cannot meet the conditions in no way entitles any country to expel an EU citizen. You can only be exclude/deported/expelled  for offences against the state, terrorism , etc.

This message was last edited by guslopez on 18/07/2012.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2012 9:22 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I just posted the new instructions re. applying for EU Citizen Registration which I picked up from the National Police today, for the information of those need, or want, to know.

I was not giving advice on how the new system will work.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 18/07/2012.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2012 11:05 AM by solwayiceman Star rating in Scotland. 50 posts Send private message

Yes these are the rules at the moment but they are not new ones these have been in place since april this year so all could change.

The main reason for this is for pensioners so that now you have to prove that you receive money every month and that you are entitleled to free health care using the form from newcastle and not your E111 as that is for emergency heath care not for opperations as people have been using in the past thus putting a strain on the Spanish Health Service.

Spain needs to stop spending like the UK so they are looking to cut back on things and this is one.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2012 12:18 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Solway and others

Just to make it clear,   the info which I started this thread with,  is the very latest info supplied by the National Police, and is in response to the latest advice received by them regarding the rules governing EU Citizens’ Registration. 

The rules have been changed in certain respects from what was previously required. This is why I started the thread.

On the point you make about visitor ‘putting a strain on the Health Service’.    

All consultations and treatment provided on E111’s (Now European Health Card) are billed back to the visitor’s country of origin, thus no additional cost fall on the Spanish service.

The problem occurs, I understand, in that the money must be paid to Madrid, and it is the Spanish system which fails to forward the money to the Regions which provided the service. 

For those who are registered in Spain with the Health Service, in the case of UK Citizens, the UK pay £3,500 p.a. for each of them.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2012 3:48 PM by solwayiceman Star rating in Scotland. 50 posts Send private message

Thats right but only if you are resident which a lot of UK citizens dont do so therefore Spain cant claim it back the money. I am not talking about visitors but UK citizens living here. If you have no SIP card then you cant get opperations here.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2012 5:20 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Solway

If you read my post you will see Spain cannot loose.

If they are registered on the Health Service here then UK pay £3.500 p a, if they are not then can only be treated on the Euro Health Card (E11) in which UK is billed for everything.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2012 5:56 PM by solwayiceman Star rating in Scotland. 50 posts Send private message

I see what you mean its a win win situation which ever way you look at it for Spain.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2012 6:18 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

The money the UK pays is routed via the EU , as with all countries. The EU paymnts process works 4 years in arrears !! Don't ask me ,I've no idea why. The payment from the UK  this year, for 2008 was in excess of 500million.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Travel to Malaysia - 2 posts
Swimming Pool Security Problem - 2 posts
Plumber/DIY person wanted around Quesada area - 0 posts
GOOD NEWS FOLKS - 3 posts
ENDESA - ELECTRICTY DISCONNECTED - 14 posts
WONDERFUL - 0 posts
Moving to Murcia region - 0 posts
Jet 2 NEMA to Murcia - 1 posts
banks - 0 posts
Mount tv in Spanish brick wall - 11 posts
finances - 0 posts
Advice Needed - 2 posts
Come and join us in Baza Granada - 0 posts
podiatrist/chiropodist needed (CB) - 2 posts
Building a business...?! - 5 posts
drink driving - 53 posts
beware "EXACT CHANGE" Bureaux in Malaga Airport - 1 posts
- 0 posts
- 0 posts
New - 4 posts
Best Internet Landline and Mobile Provider - 1 posts
SabadellCAM - 5 posts
The Politicians in a Panic - 24 posts
Indian Restaurant Mojacar Playa - 0 posts
Hello - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x