Alterations prior to LFO

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jun 2012 3:43 PM by bruce52 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi all,

I live on an urbanisation which has taken many years to have licences issued, however they are now due.

Like many of my neighbours I made a few alterations to my property 7 or 8 years ago.  I heard that the council will normally disregard these if they are over 4 years old, does anyone know if this is true?

The most common alteration on our urb is garden tiling.

Any advice would be useful. Thanks

Like 0      
30 Jun 2012 4:17 PM by doedoe Star rating in Berkshire. 59 posts Send private message

Having purchased an apartment 4.5 ears ago in a beautiful village 25 klo inland from Guardamar, we are still waiting for our LFO or Habitation certificate. I have not become a resident because of this and spend just a few weeks each year in the apartment traveling back & for to the UK.

The builder is no longer trading under the same name yet has retained 11 units of which some are let to Nationals & non Nationals.  the builder did not pay the Utility Bills due while he was to complete the complex. Private owners like myself are not resident because of the hold up with the completion and instlation of the meters. 

18 months ago the community paid the debt of the builder which allowed the few Spanish owners to remain in residence. and the community were told that the Utility Bill was now the responsibility of the Community. The Builder however had a couple of tenants who pay their rent to the builder but no funds are received by the community for the Builders, tenants, utility costs.

The Builder is now installing more tenants and continues to use the supply of Water & Electric paid for by the community fund that the paying owners pay €80 - €100 a month for. Therefore the Builder who has not paid one euro for the utility usage is receiving rent from his now 6 tenants.

Each new owner was instructed by their solicitor to pay €900 cash to the builder, handed over in the office of the Notary, when they completed in 2007-8 for the meter,s None were installed. a crime which we were not protected from by the different solicitors that were employed by each purchaser.

The community are not allowed to turn off the utilities to the non payers apartments, they are told it is against the Law, have to put up with the continual abuse by the builders tenants who use the pool which is kept clean with the community fund, The authorities (local police & Council) say they can do nothing to stop this theft by the builder.

Where are the Spanish Laws that should protect the people of Spain.

The complex has many problems with unfinished work that the Owners have paid the builder for prior to the completion of purchase.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

advantage rent a car spain murcia airport - 8 posts
UK Car to spain - 6 posts
Should I transfer my Euros from Spain to Germany - 20 posts
THE SPANISH WAY - 0 posts
bike test - 2 posts
Duquesa & Manilva - 1 posts
Interest on bank guaranteed deposits - 23 posts
hose pipe ban malaga - 3 posts
Thank you Dickmanns for realising we were telling the truth - 0 posts
Mortgages and return to the peseta - 62 posts
Where to go off road with my Quad - 3 posts
Replacement Electricity Meters - 5 posts
healthcare - 2 posts
Importing a car from Switzerland - 0 posts
ADSL Broadband options - Sign up online? - 2 posts
Royal British Legion - 1 posts
Info on Finestrat (nr Benidorm) please! - 7 posts
Will an integrated Freeview TV work with Sky dish in Marbella? - 2 posts
TOURISTS OR EXPATS BEING RIPPED OFF - 33 posts
cameras - 0 posts
Car boots in spain - 3 posts
San Pedro Tunnel - 9 posts
Looking for quality mechanics hand tools. - 3 posts
Help me! Travel to Spain - 0 posts
The best beautiful place in Spain - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x