Current Spanish PAYG deals- June 2012

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jun 2012 9:55 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Although my phone has wi-fi, the availability in tourist areas locally is a bit thin on the ground. I switch off roaming when abroad, so am at the mercy of being online only in the apartment, or where I can find a hotspot.

I have been looking at the Digi Mobile SIM which gives 500mb for 5€ (it costs 10€ to buy initially), which was recommended to me by my local bar owner. I won't be using it for calls, just a bit of Facebook, Foursquare, Google Maps, etc on the go. Is there a better offer out there at the moment?

Mark

Like 0      
13 Jun 2012 8:45 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

No suggestions anyone?

Mark

Like 0      
14 Jun 2012 3:33 PM by summer70 Star rating in Granada. 92 posts Send private message

summer70´s avatar

Hi Markfish,
I have only just noticed your post as it was pushed down by quite a few other threads and I think you will find that others missed it the same way.

Having looked at several options for PAYG mobiles with data allowances, this looks like a good option.

You can go to simcardspain dot es and click on the category 'Spanish prepaid SIM cards for Spain' and compare the SIM to other deals.
(I'm not putting  this in as a clickable link in case it's against the spam rules)
Some of of the deals quoted on that page do not include internet by the way.  The digimobile deal comes up pretty well against the others, especially as it uses movistar so should be available in most areas.

One thing I noticed on that site, however, was that the initial price to buy was 19.95 rather than 10euros, so if you can get the SIM locally for 10 that's more savings for you.
And I take it your phone is unlocked so that it will take a different SIM card to the one you currently use.
But if not, I am sure you can find a local shop who can do this for you.

Like 0      
14 Jun 2012 7:16 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thanks for that, I shall take a look at the site . The shop was selling for 10€, so hope it hasn't gone up!!

Mark

Like 0      
14 Jun 2012 9:43 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

I GOT  A COUPLE OF FREE SIMS FROM http://www.lebara.es/  I ORDERED THEM FROM THE UK ( RING THEM DIRECT( THE WEB SITE WAS A PAIN) THEY WILL ASK YOU FOR ID PASSPORT NUMBER ETC,  AND  WHEN I GOT  TO SPAIN I HAD TO GO TO THE POST OFFICE TO SIGN FOR THEM,. WELL HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE, AND SIMS CARDS  ARE FREE.ALSO CHEEP CALLS

Like 0      
25 Jan 2014 4:12 AM by newscome Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Marksfish,For choosing your loacl sim,Go to a phone shop in town, tell them what you want, they can advise.Before getting your cell phone service provider,Make sure your phone is unlocked and accept that carrier,If it's restricted by other network carrier means,You will need to unlock your phone.For unlocking you can approach your current network provider or else try to buy an unlocking service from any one of the online unlocking service provider like ** EDITED - Against forum rules - Advertising **   I hope it will be very useful to you.

This message was last edited by newscome on 25/01/2014.

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 1/27/2014 8:58:00 AM.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Anyone Recommend a Bulding Surveyor Costa Blanca South - 2 posts
Its a Loan, NOT a bailout!!?? - 33 posts
Confused - SpanishvMortgage - 1 posts
Possible Bank crash - how does it affect my existing spanish mortgage? - 67 posts
LOOKING FOR A CAR PORT - 0 posts
Is double glazing on new builds regulation now in Spain? - 0 posts
morgages - 1 posts
Ripped off !!!! - 5 posts
Hi from newbie !!!! - 0 posts
VICTORY FOR FINCA PARCS ACTION GROUP LAWSUIT 2 IN FIRST INSTANCE COURT IN HELLÍN - 262 posts
MURCIA AIRPORT Dont Book GOLD CAR - 10 posts
Electric Heater/Gas Bottle/Bikes - 0 posts
Gar Bottle - 0 posts
Alloy fold up Bike - 2 posts
Community fee debt on repossessed property - 2 posts
Moving in Soon - 3 posts
Bank Charges La Caixa ... - 3 posts
Town hall rate's - 5 posts
How Are Things in Your Area? - 57 posts
Interior decorating costs? - 6 posts
- 0 posts
COSTA LUZ LAWYERS DID IT AGAIN! - 3 posts
Unlocked Mobile Phones - 2 posts
internet help - 4 posts
Hello from barcelona - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x