MURCIA AIRPORT Dont Book GOLD CAR

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jun 2012 5:13 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

We rented a car from Rental Cars com of manchester ( Also know as travel Jigsaw) and arrived at Murcia San javier airport on a saturday 26th May only to find a 100 YARD queue ( about 300 people ) , frustrated people waiting to pick up cars . All  these people were booked with GOLD CAR and we  estimated it would have take TWO HOURS to reach the front . So we abandoned the Rental Pick up and got one from Europe Car instead ( In 10 minutes) if you dont want "some of the same" dont book with Travel Jigsaw. To Make matters worse when I complained on my return for the UK I just got a standard reply generated by a computor .....  Obviously if you go for the lowest price you get the worst cars and a rubbish service.

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2012 9:37 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Problem is that if several flights arrive at the same time, queues inevitably build up. The other problem is that there seems to be no sense of urgency on the issung staffs' behalf to lessen the queues.

We always book with companies that operate outside of the arrivals hall. A quick trek to the van in the car park and we're away.

Mark

Like 0      
08 Jun 2012 10:17 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Dickmans are good for that, find his van and your on your way in 10 mins.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2012 10:53 PM by dwh2 Star rating. 115 posts Send private message

I had the same problem last week and waited over an hour after arriving on the last flight
To add to the frustration I was pressurised to take the additional insurance as they claimed that I was mis advised when hiring and they wanted 84 euros for fully comp. I insisted that I didn't want it but the guy on the counter became more aggressive as I continued to say no and eventually he accepted but repeated said I would be chagrined 300 euros for any damage after he took a credit cards deposit.
I telephoned the booking company and my paperwork and they confirmed that I was insured with the exception of tyres and glass which is what I wanted.
Be careful as this is a total scam as they try to sell the something that you don't need and this is the second time the same individual has done this but on this occasion I declined. They are simply trying to earn commission and you must check before travelling what insurance you have

Like 0      
08 Jun 2012 10:54 PM by dwh2 Star rating. 115 posts Send private message

I had the same problem last week and waited over an hour after arriving on the last flight
To add to the frustration I was pressurised to take the additional insurance as they claimed that I was mis advised when hiring and they wanted 84 euros for fully comp. I insisted that I didn't want it but the guy on the counter became more aggressive as I continued to say no and eventually he accepted but repeated said I would be chagrined 300 euros for any damage after he took a credit cards deposit.
I telephoned the booking company and my paperwork and they confirmed that I was insured with the exception of tyres and glass which is what I wanted.
Be careful as this is a total scam as they try to sell the something that you don't need and this is the second time the same individual has done this but on this occasion I declined. They are simply trying to earn commission and you must check before travelling what insurance you have

Like 0      
08 Jun 2012 11:49 PM by jigsaw000 Star rating in Co Down Northern Ire.... 33 posts Send private message

Agree totally, the waiting time is ridiculous.  The service I received two weeks ago was appauling.  I had a problem with the absolute basic child car seat that I booked and the staff were so unhelpful and would not give any guidance whatsoever.  In fact one of the employees a woman to add handed me an instruction sheet and said " your baby your problem".  I was furious at her attitude and hence will never use them again!!

Like 0      
16 Jun 2012 2:35 PM by baabaabing Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

If your hiring a car you must use Argus Car hire they are trully the best.

Firstly any probs with the Spanish side of things and they will phone them up on your behalf, tell them whats happening and argue the toss if needs be, then they will ring you back at home and tell you it's all in hand followed by any concerns on arrival call us and we will sort it but there won't be any.

What I found is that if you buy insurance from Argus you will be charged 300 Euro deposit on arrival using your credit card.On the other hand if you choose to buy the Spanish insurance on arrival you won't have to stump up any deposit a handy tip if your credit card is almost full.The only deposit is for the fuel but that only comes into force if hiring for more than 2 or 3 days I forget which, it's around 70/80 Euro depending on the car group you'll get that back by the time your flight lands in the UK.(Unless weekend)

If you are told the insurance is 4.95 a day thats probably true what they don't tell you is that it's a minimum charge of 30 euro i.e if you hire for 2 days it wont be 8.90 it will be 30 euro.When booking through Argus car hire make shure you choose centauro rent a car (Murcia) seriously,I arrived walked over handed them my driving licence didn;t need part 2 as I was paying by Credit card 3 mins keys in hand walking to the car.The car was a litlle FIAT hired it for 3 days it cost 24 euro + 30 insurance and 20 euro fuel

The funny part was when I got to the car I opened the door BEEP BEEP I thought WOW a lovely FIAT 500 in white Leather upholstry.A/C fantastic, holdall on the back seat, Iphone plugged in to the docking station, Sun glasses on, put the key in the ignition wouldn't turn! tugged on the steering wheel nothing..Wierd? O, Hola! pardon señor, las llaves no funcionará he got in to the car turned the key, looked over at me and said not your car, yours is next door.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2012 11:21 AM by eezi Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Rentalcars, Argus and Trabvel Jigsaw are all brokers, they don't operate rental cars themselves.

If you purchase an insurance cover offered on these website you do purchase this normally from a third party website which has got no comercial relation at all with local spanish car hire companies at Murcia airport like Goldcar, Centauro, Dickmann's rent a car etc.

Most local car hire companies offer a fully comprehensive insurance, but do not include certain damages, like damages to wheels, rims, tyres, or windscreens. They offer an optional insurance cover so you can include these damages as well.

If you do not take the supplement in most cases they will ask you to leave a deposit as they will not accept the insurance purchased from a third party.

In case of damages you will have to pay the local car hire company, ask them for an invoice and claim the amount when you return home. Plase make sure to read all the small print of the insurance company or website where you purcahse the insurance from, as sometimes they may be asking for a lot of paperwork including police reports etc.

Sandra Aguilera
Hispacar

This message was last edited by eezi on 09/08/2012.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2012 3:03 PM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

Also beware of the FULL TANK scam. You agree that you will pay for a full tank of fuel when you return the car - this is OK if you can return it with just vapour fumes in the tank, but most people will leave a fair quantity of fuel in the tank and this becomes the extra profit for the car hire outfit. It can be a very heavy demand on your holiday budget.

Woodbug

Like 0      
09 Aug 2012 4:28 PM by I_Love_Javea Star rating in Gibraltar / Morocco .... 125 posts Send private message

I use Hertz all over the world. Great service, excellent courteuos helpfull staff, brand new cars, never have to wait even if a queue preferential VIP service at no extra cost as am a frequent user. I get this same service at all Spanish airports never had a problem or a wait. 6 out of 10 times get free car upgrade. Take car back full never a problem, never any extras charged.

I have never bothered to check whether I can get cheaper car as my time is more important. I am sure the other big players are just as good. I would not give my hard earned money to any of these local companies, but that's just me, each to there own and besides it seems a lot of expats need something to moan about here in Spain.

Shiny happy people - where?

Like 0      
09 Aug 2012 5:19 PM by baabaabing Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

Woodbug,
The tank of fuel is simple don't pay for the fuel?
When you pick your car up it's full, when you return it fill it up, that's it, don't pay twice for your fuel.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electric Heater/Gas Bottle/Bikes - 0 posts
Gar Bottle - 0 posts
Alloy fold up Bike - 2 posts
Community fee debt on repossessed property - 2 posts
Moving in Soon - 3 posts
Bank Charges La Caixa ... - 3 posts
Town hall rate's - 5 posts
How Are Things in Your Area? - 58 posts
Interior decorating costs? - 6 posts
- 0 posts
COSTA LUZ LAWYERS DID IT AGAIN! - 3 posts
Unlocked Mobile Phones - 2 posts
internet help - 4 posts
Hello from barcelona - 2 posts
How to find out which company has brought the unsold apartments at auction. - 12 posts
New "kid on the block" - 4 posts
moving my mother to spain - 39 posts
transferring money - 30 posts
3% Tax? - 27 posts
WANTED: 4 Bed Long Term Property to Rent (1-3 years) Maybe Rent To Buy - 1 posts
Summer again!! - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR A RELIABLE 4 X 4 MECHANIC - 2 posts
Europocar hidden extras? - 6 posts
London Olympics good for Spain - 1 posts
Stray dog problems - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x