Community fee debt on repossessed property

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jun 2012 4:01 PM by plexx Star rating in Hertfordshire & Elvi.... 131 posts Send private message

plexx´s avatar

I am told that banks do not need to register their ownership on repossessed properties until they are ready or able to sell them and that they do not do this because it enables them to avoid paying community fees.
Can you please tell me if this is true and confirm exactly at what point the bank becomes liable for onward community fees and also for the accrued debt?

Many thanks

Like 0      
08 Jun 2012 5:40 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Plexx - like many things in Spain, it depends!  Some banks will pay the community fees regularly and others will wait until the last minute before paying out.  I suppose the good thing is that they all seem to pay eventually, but often the community has to wait until there is a buyer before being paid.

In the community where I have a house, we have been able to charge some of the banks for the maintenance of the gardens of repossessed properties, as well as the fees.  Others just ignore it.  This can create real problems as it can take some of the banks about 2 years to put a property on the market and even then some are priced to sell and some are not.

Sorry to be so vague but that is my experience! 

Like 0      
08 Jun 2012 5:55 PM by plexx Star rating in Hertfordshire & Elvi.... 131 posts Send private message

plexx´s avatar

Thanks Claire. They may pay something eventually, but the waiting game is in their favour as I understand that they are only liable to pay current year to date and previous year fees from when they 'own' the property and that this is the rationale for them delaying registration.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Moving in Soon - 3 posts
Bank Charges La Caixa ... - 3 posts
Town hall rate's - 5 posts
How Are Things in Your Area? - 58 posts
Interior decorating costs? - 6 posts
- 0 posts
COSTA LUZ LAWYERS DID IT AGAIN! - 3 posts
Unlocked Mobile Phones - 2 posts
internet help - 4 posts
Hello from barcelona - 2 posts
How to find out which company has brought the unsold apartments at auction. - 12 posts
New "kid on the block" - 4 posts
moving my mother to spain - 39 posts
transferring money - 30 posts
3% Tax? - 27 posts
WANTED: 4 Bed Long Term Property to Rent (1-3 years) Maybe Rent To Buy - 1 posts
Summer again!! - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR A RELIABLE 4 X 4 MECHANIC - 2 posts
Europocar hidden extras? - 6 posts
London Olympics good for Spain - 1 posts
Stray dog problems - 2 posts
Applications for mortgages in Spain. - 0 posts
UK Prescriptions - 1 posts
Is there a statute of limitations for the seller registering the sale of property? - 0 posts
Aquagest will not connect us as new owners - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x