Corrupt President

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 May 2012 10:24 PM by Kenny G Star rating in Calahonda. 41 posts Send private message

Urgent advice please.....

A structural change to a property in our community was proposed at the past 2 AGMs of our community. On both occasions the proposal was rejected and the owner told that he, under no circumstances, was to proceed with the building.

I have just learned that the President has agreed to this structure and that work is to go ahead.

How do we stop this?

Our costitution states that all modifications and structures must have the permission granted at a full AGM, however they seem to be ignoring the wishes of the residents and going ahead anyway.

There must be some legal way to stop this urgently because my fear is that once the building work starts, there may be no way to stop it.

I would be very grateful for any help with dealing with this difficult situation.

Like 0      
25 May 2012 5:02 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

Kenny, if this was agreed at the AGM and you have the minutes verifying it then you should take those minutes down to the local police and file a "denuncia" against the individual doing the works....and whilst you're at it the president too for allowing this to go ahead in the first place.

If you file the denuncia they have to follow it up and it's probably the quickest way of getting the work suspended.

Also, have you spoken to the administrator about it?  They may have another suggest but the local police is the best bet for speed.

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
26 May 2012 9:14 AM by Kenny G Star rating in Calahonda. 41 posts Send private message

Thanks Justin.

Like 0      
26 May 2012 3:43 PM by Jacksonsadmin Star rating in Marbella , Malaga. 78 posts Send private message

Kenny G ; Good advice from Justin on the denuncia as a speedy way to stop the works.

However a couple of points also need to be considered before proceeding with the same.

1 President - Has he been contacted directly in writng to ask if he has consented to the works despite the community twice voting against the same.To denounce him without the same would be unwise.

2. Administrator- The letter needs to be served on the office holder also.

3.As  a community member you  should contact the local Town hall to establish if a licence has been granted for the works by them . If not you can proceed to make a instanica aginst the works which will bring the Town hall to the site quickly to also stop the same.

On all 3 counts enclose the minutes of the 2 AGM's & send by a minumum of registered post to each of the President & Administrator giving them 7 natural days to reply and if unsatisfied after 7 days explain to 2 both the action you will proceed with.You can proceed with the action at the Town hall immediately as if they have not applied for a building works licence the instancia will add weight to your denucia.

A further way to stop the works is to get 25% of the community together to sign a demand for a Extraordinary General Meeting of the community to decide on the actions to take.If the President & Administrator have  allowed the works to proceed against the Actas of the 2 AGM's then both should resign at the meeting & replacements be sort . 

I hope this helps & if you PM me I will send you the relevent form copy for the EGM call.

F. Parkinson Jacksons Admin.

f.parkinson @ jacksonsadministradoressl.es www.jacksons-group.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Finding the Owner of a Property - 4 posts
Moral of the story? Don't pay up front!! (Ingofersa related, indirectly) - 4 posts
Frankie bar Vera playa review - 0 posts
Bellavista playa review - 0 posts
prosthetic clinic in Spain - 5 posts
El mar la mar review - 2 posts
Just too damn cute for words.... - 3 posts
Juzgados - Servicio Común de Actos de Communicacion - what is this communication? - 3 posts
Keith Rule´s legacy - 1 posts
Osteria mojacar review - 2 posts
Need some advice on banking in Spain - 7 posts
Geuros to save Athens - 1 posts
Scooter and Quad For Sale. - 3 posts
Builders in court & on national television. - 14 posts
Your voice in Europe - 0 posts
Driver with trailer leaving Murcia tomorrow ,job cancelled - 0 posts
pool table - 0 posts
spanish workers going to the uk for work - 46 posts
Wanted long term rental in Chiclana de la Frontera - 0 posts
How safe is our money and property? - 2 posts
getting some of my money back - 3 posts
Good Luck and Best Wishes................................ - 1 posts
Coefficient Voting - 9 posts
N.I.E. - 16 posts
AND HERE YOU HAVE IT - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x