Is there added salt in bottled water

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 May 2012 1:57 PM by garyizme Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

I have been looking at bottled waters both still and sparkling and it would seem they contain salt (sodium). My blood pressure has risen lately and I drink a lot of bottled water. Am I reading the ingredients right. e.g. neval 500ml still from Mercadona says Sodio 53.1 and cortes sparkling 500ml says Sodio 7.2. (It would seem they are per litre so there would be half as much per bottle) Can someone advise? Thanks

Like 0      
06 May 2012 2:08 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

It isn't added salt just what is naturally occurring in the rocks that the water trickles through, that is why different "waters" contain different amounts of sodium. You could use tap water and a Brita filter, cheaper in the long run as well. Technically salt is sodium chloride and most of the sodium in water comes from sodium carbonate/sulphate/bicarbonate.

Like 0      
06 May 2012 3:17 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

My wife had the same problems with BP being a bit a few years back.  We now use only the Lo Salt instead of normal.

However, on bottled water, some do have a high content plus other minerals as well.  We stick to Bezoya which only has a Sodium reading of 1.3 and is the lowest we have found.

Like 0      
06 May 2012 3:51 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

quote...You could use tap water and a Brita filter

You wouldn't want to do that with our tap water...!

Not by any stretch of the imagination could ours be termed even remotely potable!

We have two options, potable treated water from canones in the village or bottled water from the shops!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
06 May 2012 4:03 PM by garyizme Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

HI, Thanks for the responses. I use low salt and also have a water filter but still enjoy bottled water when I go out for a walk or a meal. Will look for the Bezoya as that looks low for sodium. Will also take filtered water when I go walking.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Need a Family estate car - 2 posts
ITV Car test - 13 posts
HEATING SPANISH APARTMENT - 5 posts
jill - 8 posts
Maureen Hoskin - 0 posts
angina medication in spain - 0 posts
Tree Cutting Licence - 0 posts
BMI flight cancellations - 0 posts
BMI BABY - 0 posts
Gibraltar Border - 3 posts
QROPS Pensions - 14 posts
Legal tip 754. You need to buy again in Spain - 10 posts
Stay with the Company you have got - 1 posts
moneycorp - 5 posts
Shocked at the levels of unemployment - 9 posts
Best Internet deal - 4 posts
Internet in Alora - 0 posts
Solar Panels for water heaters - 11 posts
teleast tv problems - 2 posts
Buy a White Car.... - 5 posts
Altea - 5 posts
Portuguese motorway taxes - 4 posts
Solmar near Murcia Airport - 7 posts
Newspapers in Costa Del Sol - 2 posts
You Have Arrived at Heathrow Airport. Now What? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x