ITV Car test

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 May 2012 5:25 PM by soto_dave Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Ive got a Kia Carnival 2005 which I bought in 2009.At the time of purchase it came with a 2yr ITV.Last year when I took it in for the ITV they only gave me a sticker for a year.When I rang the dealer he told me there had been a re classification of vehicles and the Carnival now needs to be done every year.

Ive now been told that there is a change in classification I can make which will enable me to return to the 2 yrs test...Any idea what this entais,thats if its possible.

Another question...My current ITV expires 8th June...Im not going to be in a position to get this done before the expiry date..Is it legal to drive the car to the ITV station after the 8th June?

Regards

Dave

Like 0      
05 May 2012 6:13 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Dave

It always was, cars up to 4 years no test -  2 to 10 years every two years and over 10 years every year.

Looking at the ITV site there dosn't seem to be any changes to this or any changes to classification - you still fall under private car not carrying more than 9 people.

I don't think the British rule of being legal diving to a pre booked MOT applies here in Spain (I may be wrong) -  but if you did book your ITV online for a date you could make and you kept the acknowledgement with you in the car, I would of thought it unlikely to be a problem.

Have a look round this site

http://www.veiasa.es/itv/cuando_pasar_la_itv#

and you can book your itv here

http://www.itvcita.es/Welcome.do

All you need to enter is your name your registration mark and they last six digits from a number on your logbook.

Like 0      
05 May 2012 7:03 PM by soto_dave Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Thanks for your reply.

My dealer told me the likes of 4x4 and people carriers had gone to yearly as they were now classed as commercial vehicles.

I will have another word with him

Like 0      
05 May 2012 7:24 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

In Spain you cannot use a vehicle on a road if the ITV has expired. The only way then is to have it taken by grua  (tow truck).

However, you can get it tested at any time, but you say you cannpot do that, so it is the tow truck, or get a friend to take it for you. 

As Tean GB say, its the age of the vehicle which means it must be tested every year.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 05/05/2012.

Like 0      
05 May 2012 7:56 PM by soto_dave Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Hi

Thanks again for your reply.

Car was first registered in 2005....I purchased it in 2009 the dealer had it ITV'd for me and the sticker in the windscreen was 2011.I took it along in June last year it passed and they gave me a 2012 sticker.

I rang the guy who I purchased it from and he told me at the begining of 2011 they changed people carriers,Land Rovers ie 4x4 to be the same as vans...tested every year.

Like 0      
05 May 2012 8:03 PM by soto_dave Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Ive found this on another expat site.......

Our first test lasted for two years, but this one is only for one year, apparently the classification of the vehicle is a "Mixto" but we are having it changed to "Turismo" then we will be back on the two year stretch. The car is a Renault Kangoo.

Like 0      
06 May 2012 7:15 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

1) What is the description on the logbook , turismo or mixto adaptable?

2) was it ever licenced as a taxi ?     Rules for these are different.

3)Is it a spanish vehicle from new or imported from another eu country ?           Depending on the country the vehicle would have been classifeied as what it was registered as originally & in the Netherlands many are registered as  vans & have no rear seats.

I can't see that the law can have been changed as A)  I ITv'd  my Carnival in february for 2 years again. B) If it was now classed as commercial you would have to have the log-book changed . C) If they are trying to re-classify them as commercial without changing the log-book then I would have thought there would be insurance problems as you would only be covered for social, domestic & pleasure use .

Don't confuse the issue by dragging in Berlingos , doblos, partners , turneo connects, etc; as they are completely different..

In the uk these are classed as "car derived vans" & are classed 'PLG? (private ,light goods) & are the same as cars. Here in Spain until recently anything based on a van was a van, a van & nothing but a van & was registered as mixtoadaptable &  required commercial vehicle insurance. I know I was caught out by this when buying new , years ago.

A Ford dealer told me recently that it is now possible to register , from new, the ford tourneo connect as turismo as long as it has a maximum of 5 seats  & you are not self-employed ( autonomo )  or a ltd company. If you are either of these it has to be mixto adaptable & if you purchase the 7 seater it also has to be registered for commercial use.I would assume that it is the same for other manufacturers 'car-derived' vehicles.

In spain Carnivals have always been sold as a car. There is no 'van' equivalent.

You can do the ITV any time up to & including the date on the book. The day following is legally a 300€ fine , but  no one ever gets one ! Perhaps when the day comes that they tie up their  insurance, itv & owners data-bases it'll be a different story.

This message was last edited by guslopez on 06/05/2012.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
06 May 2012 12:32 PM by stonover Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Does anyone know if you take your car for an ITV 3 months before its expiry date they add on the 3 months or do they just give you a sticker for the 2 years from the date of the test.

Like 0      
06 May 2012 1:33 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

It is just from the day of the test.

Like 0      
06 May 2012 9:51 PM by soto_dave Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Hi
I'm back in the uk at the moment so don't have access to the log book...it is a Spanish registered vehicle never been a taxi...when it went for itv in 209 it got a two year sticker....in 2011 when I tok it along they only gave me a year.car was first erg in 2005.so by this something happened between 2009 and 2011 regarding classification of this type of vechile.

I'm coming over in tWo weeks time to take it for it's itv so will be interested to see what happens this time

Like 0      
07 May 2012 8:58 AM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar

Hi we always understood that the time on the ITV related to the age of the vehicle, as the car got older the time went from 2 years to 1 year and then as it fot older still it went to 8 month.

The clasification might also have a bearing, but i don't know on that one.

Our car stared on 2 year ITV and now down to every year.

Like 0      
07 May 2012 9:29 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

http://www.cochediez.com/itv/

Inspección Técnica de Vehículos
¿Qué es la ITV?

La ITV o Inspección Técnica de Vehículos es un servicio de revisión de los vehículos de motor cuyas directrices están reguladas por la Comunidad Europea. En España se implantó en el año 1985 y actualmente las distintas Comunidades Autónomas tienen transferidas las competencias en este ámbito.
Entre sus principales cometidos está revisar el estado mecánico del vehículo para prevenir accidentes por averías mecánicas y controlar el nivel de las emisiones contaminantes que expulsan los vehículos para minimizar el daño producido por éstas en el Medio Ambiente.  

Frecuencia de la inspección
A continuación se detalla una lista de los vehículos que deben pasar la ITV y la periodicidad de dicha inspección:
Tipo de Vehículo
Antigüedad
Frecuencia
Ciclomotores
Hasta 3 años
Exento
Más de 3 años
Bienal
Motocicletas y quads

Hasta 4 años
Exento
Más de 4 años
Bienal
Turimos particulares, autocaravanas y otros vehículos de uso privado de hasta 9 plazas (conductor incluído) destinados al transporte de personas (excepto motocicletas)

Hasta 4 años
Exento
De 4 a 10 años
Bienal
Más de 10 años
Anual
Turismos de alquiler (con o sin conductor), de autoescuela y de servicio público

Hasta 2 años
Exento
De 2 a 5 años
Anual
Más de 5 años
Semestral
Ambulancias, taxis, vehículos mixtos de servicio público y vehículos fúnebres

Hasta 5 años
Anual
Más de 5 años
Semestral
Vehículos mixtos de uso particular (PMA < 3500 Kg.)

Hasta 2 años
Exento
De 2 a 6 años
Bienal
De 6 a 10 años
Anual
Más de 10 años
Semestral
Autobuses y autocares

Hasta 5 años
Anual
Más de 5 años
Semestral
Camiones (PMA > 3500 Kg.)

Hasta 10 años
Anual
Más de 10 años
Semestral
Caravanas (PMA > 750 Kg.)

Hasta 6 años
Exento
Más de 6 años
Bienal
Maquinaria agrícola

Hasta 8 años
Exento
De 8 a 16 años
Bienal
Más de 16 años
Anual
Vehículos especiales, execpto agrícolas

Hasta 4 años
Exento
De 4 a 10 años
Bienal
Más de 10 años
Anual
Vehículos adaptados para la maquinaria de circo o ferias recreativas ambulantes

Hasta 4 años
Exento
De 4 a 10 años
Bienal
Más de 10 años
Anual
Vehículos dedicados al transporte escolar y de menores (independiente del número de plazas)

Hasta 5 años
Anual
Más de 5 años
Semestral

Dentro de las competencias de los agentes de tráfico está el asegurar que el vehículo circula con la inspección ITV en regla, pudiendo imponer una multa de hasta 1500€ en caso de no haberla pasado en el plazo correspondiente. Para entrar dentro del marco legal es necesario realizar la inspección antes de que pase el plazo estipulado, si bien se puede pasar una vez caducado sin recargo por parte del centro que realice las pruebas.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 07/05/2012.

Like 0      
12 May 2012 12:09 AM by soto_dave Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me what vehicle classification 31 is.

I queeried my ITV and they told me that at 6yr old a vehicle in class 31 has to be done annually

The car is a Kia Carnival

Like 0      
12 May 2012 6:49 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Ask them to point out what 31 corresponds to in relation to the above list from johnx, a copy of which should be posted on the office wall.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HEATING SPANISH APARTMENT - 5 posts
jill - 8 posts
Maureen Hoskin - 0 posts
angina medication in spain - 0 posts
Tree Cutting Licence - 0 posts
BMI flight cancellations - 0 posts
BMI BABY - 0 posts
Gibraltar Border - 3 posts
QROPS Pensions - 14 posts
Legal tip 754. You need to buy again in Spain - 10 posts
Stay with the Company you have got - 1 posts
moneycorp - 5 posts
Shocked at the levels of unemployment - 9 posts
Best Internet deal - 4 posts
Internet in Alora - 0 posts
Solar Panels for water heaters - 11 posts
teleast tv problems - 2 posts
Buy a White Car.... - 5 posts
Altea - 5 posts
Portuguese motorway taxes - 4 posts
Solmar near Murcia Airport - 7 posts
Newspapers in Costa Del Sol - 2 posts
You Have Arrived at Heathrow Airport. Now What? - 4 posts
FAST Adsl Costa Del Sol - 9 posts
Insurance - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x