Gibraltar Border

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 May 2012 6:35 PM by gwm Star rating in Pizarra. 139 posts Send private message

We Went to Gibraltar today and it was very busy, took 25 mins to get in, this was at 12.15, they actually checked our passports, then coming out at 3-15, we were sent in 'a loop' from the last roundabout, took 45 minutes, loads of police around. We haven't been since February so found it all a bit unusual.

Like 0      
03 May 2012 10:34 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Took us 50 mins to get into Gibraltar last Friday (from about 10.50 to 11.40) and about half an hour to get off on Monday, at about 1pm.   I find when I have left Gibraltar at about 3pm it is also quite busy.  Don't think there is anything unusual really - depends what time of the morning you go over the border and the flight arrival/take off times, when the barriers are down.

I think sometimes they do make it a little more difficult on the Spanish side - a couple of weeks ago one of the Spanish guys was stopping the cars in the queue to search them coming out, holding up the one lane exit for over five minutes, before he told the car to pull over to be searched properly!!    Why didn't he just pull it over to be searched in the first place and not hold all the traffic up?  

This message was last edited by Pitby on 03/05/2012.

Like 0      
04 May 2012 7:50 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

It's very rare there isn't a queue.  When I have to go in I drive in at around 9am and there is perhaps a 15 minute wait to get in.  Leaving in the morning is usually quite quick but after lunch it seems to get busy again.

And yes, when it's busy there are police everywhere directing the traffic....it gives them something to do 

I have started parking in the gravel car park outside the border now and walking through. You just have to give the guys there something (1 Euro is fine) and you can park all day.  It's usually the easiest and safest bet for coming in and out of Gib.

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
04 May 2012 9:30 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

It's better to walk through, although that's not always possible if you need the car (want to go to Morrisons!!).  It is always better if you go over the border earlier.

We took the car over as we wanted to park and leave it there for four days in the airport car park - thought it was a safer bet.  And it was!  Only cost us £14.40 to park from Thursday midday to Monday 1pm!  Can't be bad!  They charge €18 per day at Malaga airport!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

QROPS Pensions - 14 posts
Legal tip 754. You need to buy again in Spain - 10 posts
Stay with the Company you have got - 1 posts
moneycorp - 5 posts
Shocked at the levels of unemployment - 9 posts
Best Internet deal - 4 posts
Internet in Alora - 0 posts
Solar Panels for water heaters - 11 posts
teleast tv problems - 2 posts
Buy a White Car.... - 5 posts
Altea - 5 posts
Portuguese motorway taxes - 4 posts
Solmar near Murcia Airport - 7 posts
Newspapers in Costa Del Sol - 2 posts
You Have Arrived at Heathrow Airport. Now What? - 4 posts
FAST Adsl Costa Del Sol - 9 posts
Insurance - 5 posts
Debt Recovery in Spain - 2 posts
POSTCODE CORVERA AIRPORT ? - 6 posts
furnishings - 0 posts
As a Pensioner non resident but spending a great deal of time here. Can I register with a doctor/ - 22 posts
Recliner Chair repair in Alicante/Torrevieja area? - 0 posts
A question re. our house? - 20 posts
LOOKING FOR ROOM - 0 posts
Summer School at Estepona Youth Theatre - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x