Buy a White Car....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 May 2012 12:33 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

I think every car in Spain should be white, I had a black car and I could fry an egg on the roof it was so hot, now I have a white car and it is so cool amazing, I wonder would anyone agree with me, you also save on the air-con as you don't need it as much, you loose 2 miles per litre with the air -con on, and Diesel and Petrol is getting expencive.........

Like 0      
01 May 2012 2:35 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

I have a black car but I've always found that regardless of the colour of a car, in the summer a car becomes a greenhouse because of the huge amount of surface area which is glass.

The best bet is probably to buy a car with a shallow glass area, like the new Kia Sportage or Range Rover Evoque.  Alternatively you can go for a Toyota Prius and spec the solar panel roof which runs the AC in the car whilst it's stopped!

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
10 May 2012 4:50 PM by elviriadreamer Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

elviriadreamer´s avatar

Got to agree on buying a white car if living in a hot country...or silver. Not so much the heat factor inside as most modern cars have A/C but for preservation of exterior bodywork. White and silver supposedly last longer due to attracting less sun/heat than coloured models. Also if you live near the coast salt damage shows far less on white/silver models. That's one of the reasons why all the mass produced "white cars" were made in Turkey.

Who'd of thought the colour of a car could make such a difference...but true!

Like 0      
11 May 2012 8:10 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I have had a couple of cars in my 25 years in Spain. Both white.

I have  also always  used white crash helmets when on my motorcycle and my road bicycle.

Like 0      
11 May 2012 8:46 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

If you have bored children in your car instead of getting them to count how many Eddie Stobart lorries they see get them to count how many silver Ford Focus's they see - hundreds if not thousands in this part of the world.

Elviriadreamer is right regarding salt and sun damage being less near the coast, we now have a white car as well as the old silver focus, both are parked in the open 24/7 and they always seem to look clean as opposed to the black car that we used to have - that was impossible to keep looking nice.

Like 0      
11 May 2012 4:43 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

Have to agree with you on trying to keep a black car looking clean. It's a total nightmare.  It always looks filthy and dull and bird droppings all to obvious on it too 

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Altea - 5 posts
Portuguese motorway taxes - 4 posts
Solmar near Murcia Airport - 7 posts
Newspapers in Costa Del Sol - 2 posts
You Have Arrived at Heathrow Airport. Now What? - 4 posts
FAST Adsl Costa Del Sol - 9 posts
Insurance - 5 posts
Debt Recovery in Spain - 2 posts
POSTCODE CORVERA AIRPORT ? - 6 posts
furnishings - 0 posts
As a Pensioner non resident but spending a great deal of time here. Can I register with a doctor/ - 22 posts
Recliner Chair repair in Alicante/Torrevieja area? - 0 posts
A question re. our house? - 20 posts
LOOKING FOR ROOM - 0 posts
Summer School at Estepona Youth Theatre - 0 posts
CAN AM SPORTS SPYDER BIKE FOR SALE !!!!! - 0 posts
Caravan Wanted - 0 posts
Legal Action against Debtors - 2 posts
BUS INFORMATION FROM MALAGA TO SABANILLAS - 1 posts
autonomo - 16 posts
Maria Castro and Costa Luz Lawyers - testimonial from Paul and Wendi Causer - 3 posts
Back in Espania 2 moz - 0 posts
Recovery of Community Debts - 42 posts
What Does awaiting Title Deeds mean - 27 posts
Use of CCTV on Communities - breach of privacy or not?? - 25 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x