Altea

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 May 2012 12:05 AM by Azul Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell us a little more about Altea?

Population?

Who lives there Brits? Spanish? a mixture of both? Or is it more part time residents with holiday homes and hotels?

Is there an overspill from Benidorm?

Is there good shops, bars, tapas bars,eating places, supermarkets, amenities, i.e. a gym etc?

Nice clean Beach/es?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Like 0      
01 May 2012 12:22 PM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Hi,  visited a couple of times, just for the day.

I would say it is definately not overspill from Benidorm and is very different being very quiet and laid back imho.  Seem to remember the beaches being a bit stoney (hmm very stoney).   Lovely quiet restaaurants along the front.

Again, imho, i prefer Calpe up the road abit.  Beaches here are fantastic on both sides of the rock.  And has alot nore going on than Altea.  Quiet places, lively places, everything.  and the beaches are far superior to Benidom (not rocks under foot) and you can easily find a place on the beach to your self unlike Benidirm (which incidently i love and respect for what it is) where you have to fight for a spot on the beach during the summer. 

Hope my ramblings help.

Like 0      
01 May 2012 1:30 PM by Azul Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks TP1, We were thinking about Altea with a view to being residents there but we're not sure if there are many permanent residents or is it more part time residents and holiday makers?

Like 0      
01 May 2012 1:35 PM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

I think Altea is mainly residents and not holiday makers.  But stand to be corrected?

I have been told that Calpe is a year round town and suspect that Altea is similar, whereas Moraira is alot of holiday makers and thus pretty quiet out of season.  Sorry, but i only really know about Calpe as you probably gather

Like 0      
01 May 2012 1:58 PM by Azul Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

No problem, every little bit helps.

Thanks.

Like 0      
01 May 2012 1:58 PM by Geoff y Pat Star rating in Torre Guil / Sutton .... 90 posts Send private message

Hi TP1, I have just been looking at some hotels in Calpe and it's showing there are at least four beaches, Playa de Calpe, Playa de Arenal, Fossa beach and Cantal Roig.  Which is the best part of Calpe to take a two night break and can you recomend a decent hotel close or on the front line of the beach?

Thanks

Geoff

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Portuguese motorway taxes - 4 posts
Solmar near Murcia Airport - 7 posts
Newspapers in Costa Del Sol - 2 posts
You Have Arrived at Heathrow Airport. Now What? - 4 posts
FAST Adsl Costa Del Sol - 9 posts
Insurance - 5 posts
Debt Recovery in Spain - 2 posts
POSTCODE CORVERA AIRPORT ? - 6 posts
furnishings - 0 posts
As a Pensioner non resident but spending a great deal of time here. Can I register with a doctor/ - 22 posts
Recliner Chair repair in Alicante/Torrevieja area? - 0 posts
A question re. our house? - 20 posts
LOOKING FOR ROOM - 0 posts
Summer School at Estepona Youth Theatre - 0 posts
CAN AM SPORTS SPYDER BIKE FOR SALE !!!!! - 0 posts
Caravan Wanted - 0 posts
Legal Action against Debtors - 2 posts
BUS INFORMATION FROM MALAGA TO SABANILLAS - 1 posts
autonomo - 16 posts
Maria Castro and Costa Luz Lawyers - testimonial from Paul and Wendi Causer - 3 posts
Back in Espania 2 moz - 0 posts
Recovery of Community Debts - 42 posts
What Does awaiting Title Deeds mean - 27 posts
Use of CCTV on Communities - breach of privacy or not?? - 25 posts
Nuisance phone calls - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x