Insurance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Apr 2012 12:13 PM by stuartjanes Star rating in Cambridgeshire. 14 posts Send private message

Hello, can anyone answer this question.

Is it compulsary to have a life insurerance on your mortgage, I am with Cajamurcia, and I am paying a fortune for this.

Regards

Stuart

Like 0      
30 Apr 2012 12:36 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

You need to check your documentation, particularly the mortgage offer letter - but it is highly unlikely.  Even if the mortgage was offered to you subject to life assurance being effected this will not prevent you from changing the provider and getting a better deal.

Almost certainly this will be in the UK where there is considerably more consumer protection also.

Also bear in mind there are many forms of life assurance that can be used to cover a mortgage.  The cheapest is decreasing term assurance, whereby the amount of cover provided declines in tandem with the loan.  You may have been sold full life cover which you may feel is inappropriate - it will be considerably more expensive.

Like 0      
30 Apr 2012 1:17 PM by Beebop Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Hi Stuart
          I have also been stitched-up by the same bank with Life cover, we only found out when we had a burglary and found out they would not pay our claim (It’s also an extortionate amount) that’s when we checked our Life cover, we have been asking for 2 years for the policy’s and had no luck, we are changing both Building, contents and life at the end of the year.

Like 0      
30 Apr 2012 3:12 PM by stuartjanes Star rating in Cambridgeshire. 14 posts Send private message

Hello Beebop, thanks, so it seems that you can change the insurance and I wonder if you have to have any at all.

I am going over to Spain in the morning to go to the bank as I have found out that they have been ripping me of with bank charges for credit cards I have never had, plus a few other things

Regards

Stuart

Like 0      
30 Apr 2012 3:30 PM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

When we began our account with Cajamurcia they gave us bank cards.  We assumed they were free until we checked our account and they were charging us 40 euros per year.  We returned them and were given full refunds.

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
30 Apr 2012 7:38 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Stuart

I too am in the same situation as you.

I have checked and It is part of the mortgage offer and the only way out of it is to take a mortage out with another provider, which would cost a fortune.

The rules in the UK do not apply in Spain.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Debt Recovery in Spain - 2 posts
POSTCODE CORVERA AIRPORT ? - 6 posts
furnishings - 0 posts
As a Pensioner non resident but spending a great deal of time here. Can I register with a doctor/ - 22 posts
Recliner Chair repair in Alicante/Torrevieja area? - 0 posts
A question re. our house? - 20 posts
LOOKING FOR ROOM - 0 posts
Summer School at Estepona Youth Theatre - 0 posts
CAN AM SPORTS SPYDER BIKE FOR SALE !!!!! - 0 posts
Caravan Wanted - 0 posts
Legal Action against Debtors - 2 posts
BUS INFORMATION FROM MALAGA TO SABANILLAS - 1 posts
autonomo - 16 posts
Maria Castro and Costa Luz Lawyers - testimonial from Paul and Wendi Causer - 3 posts
Back in Espania 2 moz - 0 posts
Recovery of Community Debts - 42 posts
What Does awaiting Title Deeds mean - 27 posts
Use of CCTV on Communities - breach of privacy or not?? - 25 posts
Nuisance phone calls - 4 posts
Help with air con? Puerto De Mazarron - 5 posts
Cibank Euro Account - 0 posts
Kitesurfing board for sale - 0 posts
How to get Vietnam Work permit? - 0 posts
Mortgage - 2 posts
Quick-Save Camposol - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x