Nuisance phone calls

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2012 1:40 PM by keith28 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Has anyone received calls on their landline where the caller hangs up as soon as you answer? I keep getting calls from the number 971016104 and I see from a web search that others (inluding Spanish) have been getting them from this and other numbers. At first I thought it was simply a wrong number but it keeps happening and seems to be deliberate. As far as I know, you can't block specific incoming numbers on a landline.I have another solution, but it is a bit radical. Any comments welcome.

keith28

Like 0      
26 Apr 2012 3:37 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Keith

From 'Who calls me'

He hablado con telefónica, me han aconsejado presentar una denuncia a través de la página Oficial de La Agencia Española Protección de Datos (www.agpd.es) de tal forma que una vez cursada es enviada a Telefónica y de forma gratuita restringen las llamadas de este número.

have spoken with phone, I have been advised to lodge a complaint through the officer of the Spanish protection of data Agency (www.agpd.es) page so that attendance once is sent to Telefónica and free to restrict calls from this number.

It appears that it's http://www.euroloto24.com that are making these calls - by auto dialer I would imagine

This message was last edited by Team GB on 26/04/2012.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2012 3:59 PM by Abyss_Rover Star rating in Mallorca. 72 posts Send private message

I was going to comment on the auto dialer also.

We have had many, where it rings and when you answer it, it sounds like the phone is put down. We have been told that it's a system that calls hundreds of numbers and the sales people talk to the first one that answers, leaving the others to disconnect, until they are finished and ready to take the next one.

I'm not sure about reporting this but it can't hurt to try.

www.finditfme.com The new, advanced way to find what you are looking for.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2012 3:59 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

Yes, I have also checked some Spanish websites and the complaints are always the same:

1.  Since it is computer dialing, you don't get them to talk to you until you have said hello a couple of times.  If you only say it once, the systems hangs up.

2. Once you talk to them, the normal modus operandi seems to be that they ask you a very simple question and when you give them the correct answer they tell you that you have "won" the chance to participate in a group that play the lotteries.  You pay them from 5 to 56 Euros per months and if there are no winnings you get them back.  You have to give them your bank account or credit card details.

The scam is that out of the 56 E, only a small part gets put into the lotteries, the rest is kept by the scammers.  There is never any refund because you always win something, for example, 0,30 E per months (winnings of 30 E divided among 99 players).  This is enough to stop the refund for that month.

The thing is that the business appears to be "legal" in that it is true that they run a lottery group but it is a scam because only a small part of the contribution goes into the lottery and you never get any back because you always manage to win a ridiculous amount.

3.  What Telefonica is saying is that if a denuncia is formally made to the police, they will restrict the scam number from calling Telefonica numbers without charge, but this does not work because the scammers have many numbers to call from.

I hope this helps.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2012 7:44 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Blimey, so Ponzi schemes are now legal? Note to self: start own Ponzi scheme asap.

Don't know if it will help in this case, but I successfully stopped nuisance calls from (I think it was) Jazztel a while back by using this: www.listarobinson.es

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help with air con? Puerto De Mazarron - 5 posts
Cibank Euro Account - 0 posts
Kitesurfing board for sale - 0 posts
How to get Vietnam Work permit? - 0 posts
Mortgage - 2 posts
Quick-Save Camposol - 3 posts
Nice towns to consider living near the coast between Almeria and Valencia - 24 posts
Adding photos to this forum - 0 posts
Kitesurfing kite for sale - 3 posts
BMI BABY FLIGHT WW5328 13.8.2010 - 2 posts
royal crown car hire - 0 posts
Royal Crown car hire Rojales? - 0 posts
Annoying Green POPUP AD on EOS Website - 2 posts
Interim Death Certificate issued in UK - 0 posts
Ryanair to pass on budget pain for flights from Spain - 42 posts
CAR FOR SALE SEAT LEON - 0 posts
proffesional signiture - 11 posts
Little Dog lost in Algeciras - 1 posts
Cheap car hire around Rojales, Formentara, Quesada. No extra charges - 0 posts
Electrical wiring help - 10 posts
What is European Law ? - 0 posts
Ryanair and Gatwick - 0 posts
Google play - 2 posts
Kylie Minogue Lookalike and Tribute Act - First on the scene back in 1997 - 0 posts
Almunecar car boot - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x