Ryanair to pass on budget pain for flights from Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Apr 2012 12:40 PM by Jimsys80 Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

I am confused by a number of points:

1.  How can people be quoting such low fares.  Ryanair charge you to pay, they charge you for bags each way (15kg only !), they charge you to check in both ways even if you do it online and then there is all the taxes.... and if your madthere is also "priority" boarding.  So how can people quote such low prices?

2.  Statistically speaking if you look at revenue per customer, Ryanir is not cheap compared to other airlines.

3.  I fly with them when there is no other option.  ie. No Spain or fly Ryanair = I choose Ryanair.  People should not confuse this with me "loving" the airline.  When I have a choice I fly Jet2 or BA (although I do miss the seat scramble and all round yellowness). 

Am I alone?

Like 0      
03 May 2012 3:26 PM by rbhrnsb Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Tried Ryanair once, never again, like the winter sales, manic, got locked out of the Terminal, my wife one end and me the other both on the plane and at the airport when we landed. Found that Monarch, and there is no comparison, were £5.00 cheaper. Ryanair are nearly always on time because they add up to an hour on the flight time, leave 1/2 late and arrive 1/2 hr early, if all goes well. I noticed that straight away.

I prefer Monarch, not ideal but much better than Ryanair, they treat you like a person not an animal.

Rob

Like 0      
03 May 2012 4:20 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

You're quite right about RyanAir's alleged good time keeping.  I've only flown twice with them ie a round trip.  On the outward leg the flight was delayed by over an hour at Gatwick.  However when we landed in Spain the captain still played their annoying little tune as they alleged they had almost made up for the late departure.  Some passengers actually booed as it was simply blatant corporate blarney.

On this flight, as soon as the gate number appeared on the board we went straight there to find people were going straight through towards the plane.   I didn't know better and had bought "speedy boarding" which was effectively wasted - I was told by the ground staff that the cabin crew would organise a refund.  So later I asked the stewardess and was told I had to contact Customer Services...as if, they know that I've got better things to do with my time.

But I had a similar experience last year with Monarch when they had to change planes which meant I couldn't have the extra legroom seat.  A member of the cabin staff contacted me on the plane and asked me to sign a chitty and within a week they had credited my bank card with the extra £10/15 whatever it was.  That's the way it should be.  It's not the money, I just hate large corporate concerns that think they can get away with treating their customers with contempt.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CAR FOR SALE SEAT LEON - 0 posts
proffesional signiture - 11 posts
Little Dog lost in Algeciras - 1 posts
Cheap car hire around Rojales, Formentara, Quesada. No extra charges - 0 posts
Electrical wiring help - 10 posts
What is European Law ? - 0 posts
Ryanair and Gatwick - 0 posts
Google play - 2 posts
Kylie Minogue Lookalike and Tribute Act - First on the scene back in 1997 - 0 posts
Almunecar car boot - 1 posts
PROPERTY CAPITAL GAINS TAX LIABILITY - 8 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers - 6 posts
how do you get to see a doctor if its not an emergency? - 5 posts
Rod Stewart tribute night - 0 posts
Dublin to Almeria - 0 posts
House to Rent Los Alcazares / Roda / Senorio that sort of Area - 1 posts
Is this Fraud or just me being Cynical ? - 9 posts
NIE MARBELLA - 1 posts
NIE MARBELLA - 4 posts
Teaching English with monthly income up to EUR2100 pre month - 0 posts
gibralter and spain combined - 12 posts
So, how does it feel to have someone in a foreign country steal your property ??? - 1 posts
Can I get an N.I.E. without a passport? - 2 posts
Renew Documents - 6 posts
QuickDollarz - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 43

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x