proffesional signiture

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Apr 2012 9:21 PM by harryfish Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

My passport was stolen and I need a proffesional or teacher etc to sign my pictures. Ive only been here 3 weeks and dont know anyone. I am in the malaga area if anyone can help.

Harry

Like 0      
25 Apr 2012 2:22 AM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

Have you tried getting in touch with the British Consulate in Malaga?

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
25 Apr 2012 12:34 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Harry speak to the consulate.  You appear to have a problem as the person must have known you for two years  .

Who you can ask to be your countersignatory

Your countersignatory should:

• have known you for at least two years
  • live in the UK

Your countersignatory should not:

• be related to you by birth or marriage
  • be in a personal relationship with you
  • live at the same address as you
  • work for the Identity and Passport Service

Like 0      
25 Apr 2012 7:02 PM by harryfish Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Hi Johnzx

I have spoken to the british embassy and because i have only been in spain for 3 weeks they only need someone to verify my photos are a true likeness.

If someone can please helpn I understand there may be a fee to pay.

Harry

Like 0      
25 Apr 2012 8:36 PM by steve647 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Harry

In order to sign your photograph and verify it as a true likeness, the person signing it would have to know that you are who you say you are.!!

Like 0      
26 Apr 2012 11:21 AM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Do you have a bank account in Spain?

Could the manager help you?

Hope you get this sorted.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2012 6:47 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

See:-   http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Passports/Renewingorextendingyourpassport/DG_174097

I really do not understand how anyone can sign the photo unless they know you, as they will be saying it’s a true likeness of you (but for that they must know who you are)

If the consulate says in effect anyone can sign the photo, why not ask them if they will do it ?

It all a bit ridiculous, as if you were renewing a passport and your appearance has not changed that much then the photo does not need signing. In your case you are applying to replace a lost passport but Passport have a copy of your photo on file, so why should they want a copy signed. Red tape !!!

As a police officer, I signed my wife's application  a few years ago. I included a letter explaining that as she had been on my passport and we were married I was the best person to say the info was correct. My colleagues thought the application would fail but they sent the new passport.

You could try sending your application and explain that you cannot get it signed, as no one who fulfils the criteria is available. (They must be a British citizen so in theory your bank manager in Spain etc cannot do it)

Like 0      
26 Apr 2012 7:05 PM by harryfish Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Hi Johnyx.

Of course I have been to the consulate and they are not allowed to do it!

I KNOW THE WHOLE THING IS RIDICULOUS.

Maybe you can sign and put me out of my mysery..

Yours in exasperation Harry

Like 0      
26 Apr 2012 7:28 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

quote... (They must be a British citizen so in theory your bank manager in Spain etc cannot do it)

See note 6 Section 8 and note7 of the guidance notes below;

http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/resources/en/pdf/central-content-pdfs/form-c2-notes.pdf

Passport applications can be countersigned by a non-Brit provided they hold a level of competency equal to that of the UK.

I renewed mine via the Madrid Office of the UK Embassy just last year, The countersignature was that of my Spanish bank manager and was held to be acceptable.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
26 Apr 2012 7:54 PM by Orinoco Star rating in Castilla La Mancha. 141 posts Send private message

Orinoco´s avatar

Send your completed passport application to someone you do know in the UK, ask them to countersign the photos and forward on your application to the passport office. 

No-one in their right mind is going to pretend to have known a complete stranger for 2 years, especially on a document like a passport. 

Like 0      
27 Apr 2012 8:45 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Good Idea by Orinoco, but I would suggest send the photos not the application as you ay have problems renewing in UK when you are not physically there.

At one time, it has now been changed, one could not apply in the UK if they were resident in another country.

Seldom is anything ever 100% clear. Several of us here are using official UK Gov web sites to show that the other, who consulted a different one,  is wrong !!!!

Like 0      
15 May 2012 10:35 AM by harryfish Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

thank you Foxbat and everyone else that answered.

All I wanted was a proffesional to sign a picture of me and stating it was a true likeness of me.

I had done all the research.

Luckily a very kind retired nurse helped me.

Harry

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Little Dog lost in Algeciras - 1 posts
Cheap car hire around Rojales, Formentara, Quesada. No extra charges - 0 posts
Electrical wiring help - 10 posts
What is European Law ? - 0 posts
Ryanair and Gatwick - 0 posts
Google play - 2 posts
Kylie Minogue Lookalike and Tribute Act - First on the scene back in 1997 - 0 posts
Almunecar car boot - 1 posts
PROPERTY CAPITAL GAINS TAX LIABILITY - 8 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers - 6 posts
how do you get to see a doctor if its not an emergency? - 5 posts
Rod Stewart tribute night - 0 posts
Dublin to Almeria - 0 posts
House to Rent Los Alcazares / Roda / Senorio that sort of Area - 1 posts
Is this Fraud or just me being Cynical ? - 9 posts
NIE MARBELLA - 1 posts
NIE MARBELLA - 4 posts
Teaching English with monthly income up to EUR2100 pre month - 0 posts
gibralter and spain combined - 12 posts
So, how does it feel to have someone in a foreign country steal your property ??? - 1 posts
Can I get an N.I.E. without a passport? - 2 posts
Renew Documents - 6 posts
QuickDollarz - 0 posts
insurance in spain - 7 posts
EU Citizens Registration (Help with form) - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x