Car Malaga hire

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Apr 2012 1:14 AM by harryfish Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

I made an online booking with  Car Malaga hire and went to the airport to meet their rep. No one was there but after phoning I was told that because of only four hours notice they could not get a car to me in time, They suggested they drop off a car to me the following morning, I aggreed to this having already paid for a car by credit card. The following morning I phoned I  and was told my car would arrive at 2 p.m.. when they arrived  they asked to meet me outside by phone and only reluctantly came into the foyer to do the paperwork, the the lady who was doing all the talking asked to see my departure tickets.I told her I did not have them as I was in spain permanently. She then demanded a 2,000 euro deposit. Of course i refused and she stormed out.

Any comments?

Like 0      
11 Apr 2012 2:38 AM by stillgoin Star rating. 161 posts Send private message

what a way to run a business ** EDITED - Complaint - Offensive **

but then it is a brit company so what do you expect???????????????????

This message was last edited by stillgoin on 11/04/2012.

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 12/4/2013 11:43:00 AM.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2012 2:19 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

When she ran out did she take the car with her?

Seems very unprofessional but if you booked it by credit card then you can always process a  chargeback to get any money back that they may owe you.

Not sure I've ever heard of a company called Car Malaga though 

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
13 Apr 2012 12:26 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

My own PERSONAL experience of CARMALAGA.com is EXCELLENT i always use them and RECOMMEND them to MY GUESTS

I have TRIED all of the OTHER providers at the AIRPORT and none of them are as GOOD you end up paying DOUBLE when you arrive.

http://www.carmalaga.com/ 

http://carmalagahire.com/ this may be the POOR company she MENTIONS

Rod

This message was last edited by rod on 13/04/2012.

Like 0      
10 May 2012 3:15 PM by emily87 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

When i have to hire a car in Malaga i always do it by estrellarent. They have their office in Algarrobo Costa but they can leave the can for us in the airport without extra charge!

They offer also more services! I hardly recommend it.

Em

Like 0      
05 Mar 2014 10:25 AM by kieron79 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I think this thread is not very clear as to who everyone is talking about. Very amibeous.

I have been using the web carmalagahire (dot) com for years for several visits a year. I always found it to be very clear and straight forward.

The booking process is really quick. The rep is always waiting for me in the arrivals hall and the car is always in the airport. I refuse to be ripped off by anyone when it comes to fuel and this firm gives same to same on fuel and never charge me up front for fuel.

They do have a deposit that have to be paid but it is always back in my account a few weeks after my return.

The website is carmalagahire (dot) com and i always recomend it

Like 0      
31 Jul 2015 9:58 PM by chadbukl Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Avoid this company,

old badly maintained cars, which are unsafe, very expensive with poor service.   Their response to me advising of problems was to remove the car without providing a replacement but still charging.

clutch was slipping keys would not even go in to the locks because previusly someone had damaged them,  every single body panel was damaged and scratched...... as i said avoid

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

quesada to gibralter - 10 posts
El calon - 3 posts
Help with Santa Greenhills - 4 posts
FURNITURE WANTED - Costa Del Sol - Elvira Area - 0 posts
health care coin area - 0 posts
car for sale - 0 posts
FREE Gatwick/Valencia flights 11/04/12 ~ 09/05/12 - 0 posts
Car insurance question - 5 posts
Taxis from Malaga - 8 posts
Kitten Wanted - 1 posts
Car Wanted! - 2 posts
As in the UK so it shall be in Spain... - 9 posts
Pope Benedict meets the Polizei - 0 posts
for sale - 0 posts
best fish and chips - 42 posts
water and electric installation - 5 posts
Drives and paths - 0 posts
Moving To Marbella/ Spain - 5 posts
La Condesa de Mijas Golf - 7 posts
Hey guys I am new at here... - 1 posts
Web Development degrees in Spain - 3 posts
Re Mortgages - 1 posts
Legal issue boundary wall - 7 posts
Quoting for serious reformation work in an 8 storey building - 6 posts
Comparison website for electricity and gas prices - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x