IBI TAX AND WHO PAYS IT?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by gary61 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Moving to Spain in 2 weeks cartagena area . Renting for 6-11 months whilst we get settled and find where we want to live ,what Taxesd are payable as a rentee in EL CARMOLI, told community tax for festivals ,security etc  ok with that but what else am I to expect ?

For example do I pay Cartagena council tax or is that down to the owner ? Please help 

cheers Gary

Like 0      
31 Mar 2012 12:12 AM by stillgoin Star rating. 161 posts Send private message

NORMALLY THE OWNER WILL PAY THE COUNCIL TAX

COMMUNITY TAX I SUPPOSE YOU MEAN COMMUNITY CHARGE SEPARATE FROM COUNCIL TAX AGAIN NORMALLY DOWN TO OWNER ALL THIS NEEDS TO BE IN THE CONTRACT

ELECTICITY AND WATER ABOUT THE SAME AS UK PRICES GAS IS NORMALLY USED FOR HOT WATER AND COOKING IT NORMALLY IS BOTTLED HOME DELIVERED AT 15 EU A GO .RECKON ON ABOUT A BOTTLE AND HALF A MONTH FOR TWO PEOPLE UNLESS YOU NEED HEATING THIS IS UNLIKELY I AM ABOUT A 100 KM SOUTH OF CARTAGENA AND NEVER NEED HEATING 

Like 0      
31 Mar 2012 8:34 AM by gary61 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

thanks for that . 

what is the legal aspect ? Iam told that if we pay the tax we can claim a right to the property ,not that we would but is the owner leaving themselves open if they try to put the onus of their property tax onto us?

Thought , as a long term renter, the owner is liable for the IBI tax just the same as if we were holiday renters?!

Like 0      
31 Mar 2012 11:48 AM by stillgoin Star rating. 161 posts Send private message

i dont know the law but i understand if they let you rent for a year you have some kind of right to stay hence rental contracts are never more than 11 months

i dont think the owner is exactly liable but it just seems to be the easy way for them do do it rather than changing every time they

re- rent

Like 0      
31 Mar 2012 3:13 PM by MizzFixit Star rating in Sunny Marbs. 46 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
MizzFixit´s avatar

Both the community charges and IBI are down to the owner to pay.  However I have heard of tenants renting in big cities such as Barcelona, having to pay IBI.  

As you are only renting for a few months, you would normally be expected to pay just for your rent and utilities but in any case, it will always state clearly in the contract what both you and the owners obligations are.  If it isn't, then make sure it is!  :)

www.mizzfixit.com

I organise, you relax

Like 0      
01 Apr 2012 7:30 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
26 Aug 2013 11:24 PM by flyingcat Star rating in London/Mojacar. 85 posts Send private message

flyingcat´s avatar
I may have placed the following on wrong thread - i need some help to understand

This year got our first IBI (which says for 2012) after four years ownership. We bought a new build.

Here is the information on IBI:

VC 107.177,03 BL: 92,977.69% BONF: RC 3433507XG0133D02290A
Bl 107.177,03 TG: 0,5300
V. SUE: 65,012,34 V.CON 42,164,69.

Can anyone tell me what those mean? Is that VC Valor Catastral, which should be the base calculate our non-residential tax? In that case what V Sue and V Con mean?

Our lawyer has been paying tax for us at year one and two, I worked out that lawyer had used almost exactly vc value which is on IBI, how can lawyer knows the Valor Catastral in advance from day one when we even have not got an IBI in our post?

Many thanks for your help.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2013 7:24 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/costaluz/1378/tax-on-property-in-spain-ibi.aspx

EL BLOG DE MARIA

YOUR DAILY SPANISH LAW REPORTER. HAVE IT WITH A CAFE CON LECHE. WWW.COSTALUZLAWYERS.ES

Legal tip 60: Tax on property in Spain: IBI 
25 March 2009 @ 07:38 

The IBI tax is local tax levied on property, both urban and rural, which is accrued yearly. The collector of this Tax is the Local Council where the property is located.

The tax amount is calculated on the cadastral value of the property and determined by such other factors such as surface, specific location...

IBI rates vary from town to town, mainy depending on size of the town.

Non payment of IBI tax is attached to the property which generates it. So, if you are buying a property, it is very important you verify if all the yearly IBI taxes have been paid.

Castellar de la Frontera ( Cádiz) by Quinocho at flickr.com

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

please recommend a reliable car mechanic - 3 posts
Where are they now? - 2 posts
Registering on the EU Citizens Register (replaced the Residencia) The form in English - 53 posts
DO I NEED AN NIE NUM TO OPEN A NON RESIDENT BANK ACCOUNT - 11 posts
Party walls/fences - 5 posts
Spanish registered car for sale in UK - 3 posts
Cancel my Residencia - 53 posts
In Europe Sticking To The Rules Matters - 2 posts
General strike thursday - 5 posts
koi - 0 posts
Almanzora Country Club - 9 posts
love spain - 84 posts
Looking for a Villa to Rent for July and August in Quesada - 0 posts
Valencia - 5 posts
Quad wheels & tyres. - 0 posts
Stagecoach Theatre School "Musical 2012" 3 tickets for sale - 0 posts
Swimmimg pool liners - 4 posts
CPS Spain Rentals Benalmadena - 4 posts
Endesa and Aquagest direct debits - when and how much? - 2 posts
Residencia - 14 posts
Return of deposit - 16 posts
Long term rental advance payments advice.... - 2 posts
Clampdown on rogues in Spain - 1 posts
Ex Pats Gay Groups - 4 posts
Actual weather in Manilva / La Duquesa area? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x