Don't you just love them. Never a day.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Apr 2012 3:56 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just been looking at flights for weekends in May. All flights below are frthe same weekend.

Ryanair flight Leeds- Murcia in May £70 return, plus card charge.

Jet2 flight Leeds- Murica in May £120 return plus card charge and fuel surcharge.

Monarch flight Manchester- Alicante, free Paypal payment £209.

Didn't look into the extras, as I don't need them. For me Blue and gold win out for convenience, price and experience.

Mark

Like 0      
15 Apr 2012 5:38 PM by saninspain Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Well said Mark I completely agree all the cheap airlines have add ons but it seems that Ryanair always get the bad press.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2012 5:42 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just booked now for 7th - 11th May. £59.98, Murcia return including card fees. I only need a bus, not a Rolls Royce .

Mark

Like 0      
15 Apr 2012 5:50 PM by saninspain Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Good for you hope you enjoy

Like 0      
15 Apr 2012 5:52 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Nice one!! Have a great trip Marksfish

Like 0      
15 Apr 2012 5:53 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

Couldn't resist, another Hitler story - bad language beware lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0rxASx1SxY&feature=player_embedded

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
16 Apr 2012 7:20 AM by jdricho Star rating in Costa del Sol, Torro.... 3 posts Send private message

With Ryanair, and all other budget airlines, you see the price and the rules before paying, If you dont like it dont book it. Empty seats would be a strong message.

We fly Ryanair regularly, the seats are full, to me that seems to say that they must be doing something right, and therefore the message to Ryanair from the general public is carry on with the same service, we like it, ignore the moaners they must be in the minority and you don't need them, let them pay more and have it the way they want it.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2012 4:49 PM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

Hi Mark

Wow, 7-11th May they are cheap flights! Shame we have someone in our place on those dates!

Just thought you might like to know Ryanair are now flying East Midlands to Almeria which I reckon would also be a decent flight route for you. Just looking at booking that route in June ourselves, Sat to Sat -both day flights and its less than ninety quid each which is pretty good.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2012 5:20 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hiya,tanks forthe heads up.

Yes, I was going to try EMA to ALM, but with BMI, thought Ryanair were only flying there from Stansted . Coincidentally, both airlines are flying Sat to Sat!!

Have tavelled RA from EMA before, but flights were a lot cheaper then as I have to take into account the fuel and parking if going from there.

Mark

Like 0      
16 Apr 2012 5:26 PM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

Yes, EMA is a bit further for us too, we're in Mirfield, and its 1 hr 15 mins, so Leeds is definately the first choice. However, if you go into Almeria as opposed to Murcia you avoid the toll charge down to Vera Playa which last week had gone up to €11.90 each way. Plus the EMA flights on Sat are day time which is always more pleasant than those late night RA ones. Especially if there is a delay as you know Murcia closes at night so have to be diverted to or from Alicante.

Earlier this year RA were also advertising Liverpool to Almeria but those seem to have disappeared now. Maybe they will come back later!

And why on earth Monarch cancelled the Manchester to Almeria route I will never know as the flights were always pretty well booked.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2012 9:05 PM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

Anyone else had an e-mail from RA about Spanish Government's proposed increase in airport charges? - which if confirmed come into play later this month! Any additional cost to be borne by traveller even if reservation already made!

Like 0      
17 Apr 2012 9:43 AM by saninspain Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi

Yes my son is travelling next week and he received an email from RA. I expect the other cheap airlines will also follow as they normally do.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2012 5:46 PM by cbrammeld Star rating. 172 posts Send private message

Finally recieved my refund from Ryanair on to my Ryaniar Cash Passport, only took several weeks, several emails and refund requests. This was for a flight Ryanair cancelled. Still no notification about the £6 voucher I used though, they said it would be refunded but no notification.

But at least it was a result in getting my money back from Ryanair, many dont.

Dont be too sure about cheap flights with Ryaniar. They can cancel them at 1 months notice and you are only due a straight refund, no matter other costs you incur due to them. If you can manage to book with another airline at short notice it will be very expensive(holiday ruined).

Flights to tend to arrive on time but their customer service must be worst in the industry. 

Like 0      
17 Apr 2012 6:50 PM by antyfred Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

yes R.A. are sending out letters,to charge people further tax,only if the Spanish gov put up the tax, but  surely this is  illegal, once you have paid they have your money for the flight and the current tax that's due, if the tax changes again say next year then they could charge you again ?? and again.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2012 7:54 PM by davidg Star rating. 247 posts Send private message

We have been really pleased with the service we have had on Ryanair from East Midlands, but just gone on my emails & have 3 emails from Ryanair saying that if the spanish government increase the taxes then we will incur increases on all 3 of  these flights that we paid for back in February.

Am I entitled to a refund from Ryanair if this happens?? because it may then work out cheaper to book with another airline.

Does anyone in Spain have any idea how much the spanish government are going to increase airport taxes?

Like 0      
17 Apr 2012 8:49 PM by arroyoarry Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

In terms of increased government taxes see the T&C's of Ryanair. Everyone ticks a box at the time of booking to say they have read and accept the T&C's

4.2.2 Taxes, fees and charges imposed on air travel are constantly changing and can be imposed after the date that your reservation has been made. If any such tax, fee or charge is introduced or increased after your reservation has been made you will be obliged to pay it (or any increase) prior to departure. Similarly, if any such tax, fee or charge is abolished or reduced such that it no longer applies to you, or a lesser amount is due, you will be entitled to claim a refund of the difference from us.

Hope that helps and clarifies.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2012 9:29 PM by davidg Star rating. 247 posts Send private message

Thought there would be something in the small print somewhere!

Should read these things more carefully, however in many years of flying this is the first time this has happened 

Like 0      
19 Apr 2012 11:32 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

I have a love hate relationship with RA. Can't live with them can't live without them. They invariably work out cheapest and tend to fly to airports close to where I want to go so I grit my teeth and take the rough with the smooth. Yesterday I flew from Manchester to Reus and for reasons probably too boring to go into I was extremely stressed by the time I got to the airport (a ride with a kamikazee taxi driver). On board I felt very ill, cold sweat, dizziness, palpatations and nausea. I didn't say anything but the crew could see something was wrong and really did their best to look after me. They moved me to a front row that was empty and kept an eye on me throughout the flight. Fortunately by the time I arrived at Reus I was feeling much better but even as I was leaving the plane they asked how I was. The plane was new and as the first flight of the day (6.40am) it was spotless. So full marks to RA from me on this occasion.

Poppyseed

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Burofax - Process - 7 posts
Nightmare tennants in commercial unit - 3 posts
Lope de Vega school in Benidorm - 3 posts
Dam it!!!!!!!!!!!! - 10 posts
Modball Rally - 3 posts
Keeping your car in Spain!!!! - 5 posts
Natural Gas costs? - 13 posts
iPad (1st Gen) 32GB wifi +3G for sale - 0 posts
Driving from UK to Salou Spain via France - 15 posts
AIR CONDITIONING UNIT - 0 posts
My right for a translator in a Spanish court - 5 posts
Cocoon Telecom/Arrakis - 1 posts
IT'S APPEARS NOT AS STRAIGHT FORWARD AS THEY SAY, EVEN WITH A LEGAL BANK GUARANTEE!! - 67 posts
Space in Van going to Spain. - 1 posts
UK TV for my holiday home. - 16 posts
General Strike and Flights from UK - 0 posts
Sell my property! - 7 posts
Is it legal? - 4 posts
Asking for help, be more specific - 0 posts
Bad tenants - 21 posts
Wanted - 1 posts
Driving from Santander to Murcia, need Hotel stop over - 6 posts
Help please - 0 posts
SPAM MESSAGES ON EOS BLOG - 1 posts
Holidays in Spain the easy way.... - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 38

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x