Dam it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

After saying that I would not need the assistance of Ryan Air to fly to Spain anymore .

Cuz I don't want their, Pre paid card and all that goes with it

Looking ahead to October Ryan Air are still cheeper than the other Budget airlines.

Even paying the £6 each way booking fee.

I fly approx 10 times a year.

Any views on the use of the Ryan Air Card.

Will I have to eat my words.

I have used Ryan Air on and off for 10 years. In the past enjoying 1p and Free, yes Free flights with them

Remember them.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2012 5:36 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

I had just opened an email from Ryanair before seeing this post!

We were booked to fly from Malaga to Barcelona in May and received an email from them yesterday that the flight times had changed, outward and return flights both just over three hours later than scheduled.  It had a link to request a refund - so I clicked on the link and requested a full refund for all three of us, thinking that I would probably end up having to chase them up over the next few months.  (I then booked on Vueling - for only €20 more, I might add.)

Well, lo and behold, I just received an email from them saying that the full amount had been refunded and to expect our bank to take up to five days to show it in our account!

I must say, I am pretty impressed with the efficiency of their processing the request - less than 24 hours - and the whole process itself!  

I realise this has nothing to do with their Card, but thought it worth mentioning that they dealt with us speedily and efficiently on this occasion.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2012 5:59 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

I had the miss fortune to have the times and dates of a flight with Ryan air changed back in Feb 12.
I too contacted them to check refund or reschedule my trip. Expecting the sometimes-usual long wait to connect or the £1 a min call charge.
But non of that it was straight through. A very pleasant experience and found them very helpful.
With no charge to change the dates of  my travel.
So not all bad.

Never really had a problem with them. A few delay’s but not many. 1. 18 hr. 1 cancellation all in 10 years.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2012 6:04 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

It just annoys me that I have to put a minimum of £150 on the card in the first place! But the do fly tp Reus from Luton and we asve an hour on travel time from Reus compared to Barcelona! They only fly this route in the summer though! Will probably get the card but annoyed

Like 0      
20 Mar 2012 6:18 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

I got the card when I booked our Summer flights. £150 didn't bother me as it cost slightly more than that for 3 of us liverpool to Alicante return in the school hols and I got free priority boarding because I used the card.

I also needed a refund from them last Summer because of flight changes & was impressed with the whole process. We fly with Ryanair a lot &, as long as you play by their rules, can't fault them (touching wood!)

Like 0      
20 Mar 2012 6:51 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Think I will just pay the £12 booking in October rather than eat my words at the moment.

The flight is only £80 inc the booking fee. I will watch out for reports on the RyanAir card.

If I pay £10 for the card then load it with the required £150. It leaves £80 flight money dormant.

Or can you use it to book fights on other Airlines.

Spose you can if it is a Master Card...... Might get charged £6 booking fee LOL

Maybe eat my words and take it on board for next year when Corvera is open.

In the mean time trying Jet 2 and BMI baby as well.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2012 10:39 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Am I the only one that actually likes Ryanair?  It's cheap and cheerful and as long as you don't leave it to the last minute prices are generally extremely competitive.

OK, perhaps not as cheap as they used to be but still cheap nevertheless.

You get what you pay for in life 

I've flown many times with them over the years and it's never been that bad at all.  I love the fact that unlike some other budget airlines they have actually disabled the tilt mechanisms on the seats.  There's nothing worse than when already squeezed tightly in the little space that you have the person in front tilts their seat right back into you face.  At least with Ryanair that can't happen.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Mar 2012 11:10 PM by cbrammeld Star rating. 172 posts Send private message

I have a Ryanair cash passport prepaid card. Cost is £6 and refunded with first flight booked. That is where the good news ends and Ryanairs exemplary poor performance kicks in.

Ryanair cancelled 6 flights and promised full refunds, 4 were proccessed and received in 7 days on my debit card but the flights paid for on their own prepaid card have not been refunded 3 weeks after I requested a full refund, not even a response from them. Worse customer service ever.

Once they get their *rse in gear and refund the money I plan to spend the full amount in one go and cancel the card. I have already informed the card issuing company the card will be cancelled. They have given instructions on how to do so. Dont just let the card go to zero and not use it as Ryanair have built in charges. Even the free uses are not guaranteed and Ryanair can cancel them.

Dont touch the card with a barge pole and only touch Ryanair with a well protected barge pole.

The reason they have disabled the tilt function is that the space between each seat does not allow the function to exist. The seats are too close together. This allows more seats per plane. The fold down table pins passengers to their seats. I wonder how long it will be til O'Leary puts £1 slots on side of table so you have to pay to use it.

With Ryanair you DONT get what you pay for.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2012 9:28 AM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

Never had any problems with Ryanair, we fly with them a lot to Spain & Ireland. They are getting keener though especially with hand luggage measuring & weighing them but, like I said earlier, if you play by their rules theres no problem :-)

Like 0      
21 Mar 2012 9:50 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
We fly with Monarch sometimes and their seats are just as cramped but you can still tilt them, which is really annoying. I flew with Iberia last month and their seats too were very cramped and the guy in front of me decided to tilt his seat into my face. At least that doesn't happen with Ryanair. That's a big plus for me.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
21 Mar 2012 11:06 AM by cbrammeld Star rating. 172 posts Send private message

Just got of the phone with Ryanair's premium rate customer service. No other way to contact them, emails remain unanswered. She acknowledged my request for refund but could not explain why it had not been processed. She said she will email Dublin requesting refund and I shoud have refund in 2 days.  Let every one know if it happens.

If you do every thing has Michael O'Leary wants he still manages to give poor customer service and hold on to money. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

I noticed many people who tilt seats back are over weight. Maybe it is time for larger/heavier people to pay extra for the more space they need (like luggage), extra leg room seat with more space are available at a small cost.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Modball Rally - 3 posts
Keeping your car in Spain!!!! - 5 posts
Natural Gas costs? - 13 posts
iPad (1st Gen) 32GB wifi +3G for sale - 0 posts
Driving from UK to Salou Spain via France - 15 posts
AIR CONDITIONING UNIT - 0 posts
My right for a translator in a Spanish court - 5 posts
Cocoon Telecom/Arrakis - 1 posts
IT'S APPEARS NOT AS STRAIGHT FORWARD AS THEY SAY, EVEN WITH A LEGAL BANK GUARANTEE!! - 67 posts
Space in Van going to Spain. - 1 posts
UK TV for my holiday home. - 16 posts
General Strike and Flights from UK - 0 posts
Sell my property! - 7 posts
Is it legal? - 4 posts
Asking for help, be more specific - 0 posts
Bad tenants - 21 posts
Wanted - 1 posts
Driving from Santander to Murcia, need Hotel stop over - 6 posts
Help please - 0 posts
SPAM MESSAGES ON EOS BLOG - 1 posts
Holidays in Spain the easy way.... - 21 posts
Hello Everyone! - 0 posts
PRUNA SEVILLE - 2 posts
Refund from Electricity Company - 2 posts
custom agent - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x