Sell my property!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by evelina Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this forum. I was wander if you could give me some suggestions?

I recently divorced, and becaouse of that I need to sell my propery in Lloret de Mar, neer Barcelona - Spain.

Can anybody give me some advice reference to the best way to sell my propery?

I will like to mention that the house is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom bungalow, with garden and swiming pool.

Thank you.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2012 12:19 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

Sorry to hear of your divorce it must be a terrible time in your life, however selling your house in Spain it is a bad time you come under the distressed sale section, and that means you will get a bad price about 60% less than you paid for it, If I were you I would keep it and wait until things improve in about 4 Years, you need a place to live and the UK is not a great place with bad weather and to many people everywhere, hope I have been som help don't panic......

Like 0      
18 Mar 2012 12:31 PM by evelina Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Hi ob123,

Thank you for your reply. I live in UK now. The problem is that I can't afford to run a house here and the one in Spain. 

When you say 60% less then I paid, do you mean from the price before credit crunch? I have purchase the house in 2002.

Thank you.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2012 4:28 PM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

The best thing to do is to speak to some agents.  There are plenty who will give you a valuation.  If you bought in 2002 you could be ok.   Try to work out the price in 2007, and then half it.  That will give you an appoximate potential value.   Plus look at property for sale around, remembering that a lot of the prices will be fantasy prices.  Good luck and what a shame.  A three bed house is more sellable at the moment than the 2 bed 2 bath standard I suspect.

Brian

Like 0      
18 Mar 2012 5:15 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

If you bought the house in 2002  you might get what you paid for it, you may be lucky but Spain is in a terrible way on the verge of a bailout from NAMA, I bought an Apartment in 2001 and I would get almost what I paid for it now, so let's hope you will eacape the way people and in negative equity, best of luck and hope you can live through this bad time, if my wife left me I would be in a terrible way I hope it never happens we are amrried with 31 Year and still love each other I think......

Like 0      
18 Mar 2012 5:21 PM by evelina Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Many thanks :)

Like 0      
18 Mar 2012 7:57 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

What a lovely post, ob123. You've made my Mothers Day.  There aren't many guys that will openly admit how much they love and need their wives.  She's a lucky lady!

Like 0      
19 Mar 2012 5:47 AM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

I am delighted that you liked my post regarding the wife I meant what I said without her my life would be over, she loves Spain so we spend 6 Months here and 6 Months there, as I said the person in the thread who is trying to sell there property due to a break up in there marriage it made me feel for both of them, I wonder could ye try to patch up the problem give it another try and forget about the past, and live the dream in Spain......sorry for the lodgic but that's me, All the best and good luck.....

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is it legal? - 4 posts
Asking for help, be more specific - 0 posts
Bad tenants - 21 posts
Wanted - 1 posts
Driving from Santander to Murcia, need Hotel stop over - 6 posts
Help please - 0 posts
SPAM MESSAGES ON EOS BLOG - 1 posts
Holidays in Spain the easy way.... - 21 posts
Hello Everyone! - 0 posts
PRUNA SEVILLE - 2 posts
Refund from Electricity Company - 2 posts
custom agent - 0 posts
water shortages - 4 posts
Costa Blanca Fresh Water Fishing - 3 posts
These True Religion Jeans Online jeans are stone washed with - 1 posts
driving from the uk - 7 posts
Spanish funerals/undertakers info and other cheerful stuff - 22 posts
Place in the sun Live, Earls Court March 30th-April 1st. 2012 - 46 posts
Opinion and advice on foreign currency mortgage - 9 posts
doctoers online appoinments. - 1 posts
Les Miserables in Concert inside the Rock of Gibraltar! Males singers and choir wanted. - 6 posts
2012 - SAVE UP TO 10% ON BRITTANY FERRY CROSSINGS.FRANCE AND SPAIN - 2 posts
Urbanization Annual AGM - 3 posts
provisional license - 1 posts
Debtors Voting at Meetings - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x