Golf Course

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by johntrue Star rating in Poulton Le Fylde. 10 posts Send private message

Has anyone experience of  "mobile" air condioning units - as can be purchased at electrical stores/hypermarkets?  Are they effective and value for money?  Better to do a proper job and fit quality wall mounted units?  John T.

Like 0      
15 Jun 2007 2:31 PM by Gevaudan Star rating in Málaga. 16 posts Send private message

Gevaudan´s avatar

Hello JohnTrue,

In my own experience, "mobile" air conditioning units are a good option depending on your requirements.

If you live on your own or just two people and you don´t spend much time at home, let´s say you´ll just use the air conditioning before sleeping or while having lunch at home, a mobile unit could be a cheaper and still convenient option (of course buy a unit with a good relation quality-price). I did that for sometime and it was OK.

But if you are more people, using more espace at home at the same time or you really want the change of temperature to be quicker and/or for more time (hours or the full day), then one or more wall mounted units could be a better option. Check also quality-price. And of course in this case ask for Technology "Inverter".

Regards

Like 0      
15 Jun 2007 3:40 PM by johntrue Star rating in Poulton Le Fylde. 10 posts Send private message

Hello Gevaudan

Many thanks - most helpful. I was thinking in terms of a quality wall unit for the lounge (of our holiday home), and mobile units in each of the 2 bedrooms. From what you say that would seem to be a sensible and practical option. Much cheaper than 3 wall units!

Regards

John T. 

Like 0      
15 Jun 2007 5:09 PM by Gevaudan Star rating in Málaga. 16 posts Send private message

Gevaudan´s avatar

Hello JohnTrue,

Just to remind you to consider also the mid-long term. If in the future you want to sell or rent your property during the periods you are not here (if that´s the case), then in that moment think again about the wall units. 

Regards

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Where can i buy a shower screen near Vera/Mojacar for Valle Del Este - 0 posts
Roman Oasis - sabinillas - 17 posts
Bank Charges for paying bills - 0 posts
AIR CONDITIONING - 2 posts
WiFi Mast Insallation on a Complex - 4 posts
Garden plants - 22 posts
Buying a spanish car in Spain - 47 posts
Builders versus owners - what can be done? - 12 posts
penthouse available for long let in costa del sol - 1 posts
Spanish Tax Liability - 4 posts
Hi dinky Lo Crispin - 16 posts
Renting my apartment. - 2 posts
death duties - 15 posts
Fencing - 9 posts
WANTED RENTAL - Benijofar - 7 posts
RENTAL WANTED - BENIJOFAR - 3 posts
Which Form? - 1 posts
"Bumber" newsletter - 4 posts
Contacting the developments - 4 posts
Grupo Urbasa build delays - 3 posts
M&M - 4 posts
The Banana Tree, Quesada, Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Insurance advice - 2 posts
Minor D-I-Y Crisis...Suggestions please! - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x