Legalising Minutes

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by juandos Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

From a newbie president

We are having problems getting the 'white book' from our old admin, awaiting court action!

Is it possible to function without them?

When are minutes accepted as being legal?

Do they have to be signed in front of a notary? 

Some owners are saying we will not pay fees until you can prove the minutes are legal!

Like 0      
20 Feb 2012 6:23 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I do not understand. What is the " white book"?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
20 Feb 2012 8:21 PM by juandos Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

I think it is called the  libro de actas - the book where the minutes etc are recorded?

Like 0      
21 Feb 2012 10:38 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I thought ‘Approval of the minutes’  (Libro de Actos, the minuites book) of the previous meeting was usually the first item on the agenda at the AGM,  which can be agreed or othertwise. If agreed I believe thats that.' approved, accepted.

White Book ?   Did you mean Libro de Bancos ?     Just a guess.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2012 11:38 AM by Fighter2 Star rating. 237 posts Send private message

There is no such thing as the 'white book' it is called the Libro de Actasand is regsitered at the Land Registry. It is the property of the Community and the Administrator is acting criminally if he refuses to give it to you but many use this ploy to extract money from a community once dismissed.... you could write to the collegio in Murcia or even burofax them with the details of the particular administrator in question together with a demand for the book to be returned to the community.

It will be very difficult to operate without this minute book as it will be requested whenever a new committee, president or administrator tries to carry out a task with a new supplier or bank or even register the minutes at the registry.

The minutes of a meeting have to be provided to all owners 10 days after any such meeting and are deemed to have been accepted in the absence of any formal request to the President for a revision or a formal request to a court for a revision.... there is no requirement for them to be accepted at the following AGM or EGM.

Good luck to you and don't let this administrator rule the roost, If I can be of assistance don't hesitate to pm me.

Barry

Like 0      
21 Feb 2012 11:38 AM by juandos Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

From what Johnzx is saying it looks like the minutes and resolutions adopted are not approved until the next annual meeting?

The law states:

Section 19

1. The resolutions of the general assembly shall be recorded in a book of minutes stamped and validated by the Land Registrar in accordance with the applicable regulations.

2. The minutes of each meeting of the general assembly shall express, at least, the following circumstances:

a) the date and place of the meeting;

b) the person having summoned the meeting and, where appropriate, the unit owners who promoted it;

c) whether it was ordinary or extraordinary and whether it was held on first or on second call;

d) the roster of those present and their respective offices, as well as unit owners represented;

e) the agenda for the meeting;

f) the resolutions adopted, with indication, where relevant for the validity of the resolution, of the names of unit owners who voted in favour and against, as well as the assessment quotas corresponding to each unit owner.

3. The president and the secretary shall sign the minutes at the end of the meeting or within the following ten days. Once the minutes are signed, the resolutions shall be in force, unless otherwise provided by law.

The minutes shall be sent to the unit owners, pursuant to the procedure established in section 9.

Any defects or errors contained in the minutes may be rectified provided that they are signed by the president and the secretary and that the date and place of the meeting are correctly expressed, as well as the names of those unit owners present and those represented, the resolutions adopted, the votes in favour and against, and the assessment quotas thereby represented. Corrections shall be made prior to the following meeting of the general assembly and submitted to it for ratification.

My problem is that we do not have, at the moment, the minutes book 'Libro de Actos'. I think ours just has pages that are pre-stamped by the land registry. The minutes are then just printed onto them.

Without the book how can we convince the doubters and fee back sliders that fees etc have been legally approved?

This message was last edited by juandos on 21/02/2012.

This message was last edited by juandos on 21/02/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

SPAIN'S CORRUPTION CRISIS - 0 posts
Polaris world - 5 posts
Los Altos De Las Palas - 2 posts
Medical expenses - 1 posts
Online Community Website - 7 posts
Translator - 3 posts
Vera Playa Al Andalus Hills, offered a bank repo - 12 posts
Telefonica - 5 posts
Torrox Costa (Any Info would be gratefully received) - 5 posts
Air Europa vs Easyjet - 3 posts
mortage applied for and now stuck in the system - 4 posts
Help required using IKEA website in Spain - 2 posts
Endesa - 12 posts
Weight loss in Spain !! - 1 posts
Careful with your credit cards - 0 posts
Saw this in the seaside gazette, made me smile. - 0 posts
Spain's Rip-Off Dentists! - 48 posts
Novosol Property Rental - 2 posts
Help with Spanish Translation - 4 posts
What do the courts do that takes so long????? - 1 posts
Single bed for sale, Fuengirola area - 0 posts
english fuses - 2 posts
Warning - 0 posts
Eroski Velez Malaga - 1 posts
WANTED: Beds and bedroom furniture. Xatia, Ontinyent area - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x