Polaris world

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by carolmoody Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Congratulations and many thanks to Maria and her team at Costaluz Lawyers for securing our deposits
from Polaris World.
We appreciate the prompt replies to our emails and for your courtesy. We received our money sooner
than expected which was great news after such a difficult time.
Carol and Robin Moody

Like 0      
18 Feb 2012 1:11 PM by M11block Star rating. 179 posts Send private message

Excellent news, it is so good to hear about positive results. Well done to Maria and team.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2012 1:15 PM by BOO98 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Congratulations.. Great news...

We are currently pursuing Polaris World for the return of our deposit on a property on Terrazas De La Torre.  Could you please tell us what grounds you won your case on?.

Many Thanks Ian Brierly

Like 0      
08 Mar 2012 3:03 AM by JR7 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi - myself and my partner are in the same boat. Our current solicitors are saying that we will be forced to buy so would be keen to know your grounds. Joanne

Like 0      
08 Mar 2012 6:02 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

JR7: What have been the breaches by Polaris?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
08 Mar 2012 8:37 PM by BOO98 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi JR7

We purchased the property from PW back in 2006,  upon our payment of the deposit we repeatedly requested BGs to which they kept telling us they would send and never did.  The completion was around 8 months late  which we expected and where ok with as this is normal for a spanish builder.  PW sent us a notory date for completion for the end of March 2009,  we informed Rachel (our completion contact) that we could not meet that date due to my grandfather being seriously ill and my Father whom I was purchasing the property with was his main carer, and asked if they could move the date back a few months as my grandfather wasnt expected to last much longer (And he didnt, he sadly passed away a short while later).  Rachel told me that this was not a problem and she would send us a new date (she never did) I sent over 50 emails (to which i still have copies of) to PW completions department as ringing them was a complete waste of time. We wanted for someone to clarify that this was ok (not one reply) by the end of April we had received a cancellation notice from PW telling us they where keeping our deposit (54000 euros) due to us not meeting the notory date.  They also had the cheek to say that they had made fruitless attempts to contact us (complete lie, it was us that had made fruitless attempts to contact them). Not untill I win the Lottery could I afford to walk away from that amount of money and even then to have 54000 euros stolen from you by a so called major development company in Spain would be seriously wrong and unjust.  We went with a big company like PW in the first place so that this would not happen.

So here we are 2012 still 54000 euros out of pocket and no dream home in the sun, we requested Maria from Costaluz to claim our funds back from Polaris World  and have a hearing due to take place next week.

Regards Ian Brierly

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Los Altos De Las Palas - 2 posts
Medical expenses - 1 posts
Online Community Website - 7 posts
Translator - 3 posts
Vera Playa Al Andalus Hills, offered a bank repo - 12 posts
Telefonica - 5 posts
Torrox Costa (Any Info would be gratefully received) - 5 posts
Air Europa vs Easyjet - 3 posts
mortage applied for and now stuck in the system - 4 posts
Help required using IKEA website in Spain - 2 posts
Endesa - 12 posts
Weight loss in Spain !! - 1 posts
Careful with your credit cards - 0 posts
Saw this in the seaside gazette, made me smile. - 0 posts
Spain's Rip-Off Dentists! - 48 posts
Novosol Property Rental - 2 posts
Help with Spanish Translation - 4 posts
What do the courts do that takes so long????? - 1 posts
Single bed for sale, Fuengirola area - 0 posts
english fuses - 2 posts
Warning - 0 posts
Eroski Velez Malaga - 1 posts
WANTED: Beds and bedroom furniture. Xatia, Ontinyent area - 1 posts
British consulate open day 22nd Feb. - 2 posts
Administrator - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x