Telefonica ADSL!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by mugabe Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

just over a year ago we contracted phone and adsl with telephonica for 44 eu month

then in dec it went up 10eu then in jan another 10eu

has this happened to anyone else

what a clever way to keep customers loyal

we have of course changed internet provider saving 30eu a month!

wonder how long they will last

Like 0      
08 Feb 2012 12:38 PM by juliew Star rating in La Herradura, Costa .... 68 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi there

Who is your new provider, I also need to change,

Thank you

Julie

www.wisemovetospain.com

Like 0      
08 Feb 2012 1:55 PM by mugabe Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

not sure will have to ask my partner but they spent a lot of time talking to jazztel warning if you dont speak spanish it does get kind of complicated

good luck

Like 0      
08 Feb 2012 2:17 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Normally contracts with Telefoníca are for 18 months ?

Hope you've cancelled the direct debit  & haven't got a contract phone with movistar as they'll take it from your bank account that way !

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
08 Feb 2012 2:23 PM by mugabe Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

12 months and i am not that daft did have movistar pay as you go

WHAT A LOAD OF EXPENSIVE RUBBISH THAT WAS

Like 0      
08 Feb 2012 2:35 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Strange. I have been with Movistar (since before it changed from Telefonica) and originally had Trio (Phoneline TV and Free calls) at 39.90 with 1Mb. Then I increased to 3Mb and the cost rose to 49.90, as expected. I have seen no further increases. Have you had any increase in ADSL speed?

Like 0      
08 Feb 2012 3:03 PM by knj Star rating in Costa Blanca. 79 posts Send private message

I have Telefonica ADSL for 8 years with no problems.  The cost was 40.90€ but now get 16.00€ pm deduction for not changing supplier.  Everyone I know who has changed has had problems.  If its not broken don´t fix it.

Like 0      
08 Feb 2012 3:34 PM by JulieW Star rating in La Herradura, Costa .... 68 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Thank you Mugabe

Julie

www.wisemovetospain.com

Like 0      
08 Feb 2012 4:28 PM by mugabe Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

KNJ AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED IT WAS BROKE AND COUOD HAVE MADE ME BROKE!!

AND WILL NOT TOLERATE SUCH BAD TREATMENT OF A CLIENT

MY UK BT ACCOUNT GETS CHEAPER THE LONGER I KEEP IT

WAY TO GO

Like 0      
08 Feb 2012 5:04 PM by Scout Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

Scout´s avatar

Hi Mugabe,

It's possible there may have been a small misunderstanding because we are in precisely the same situation as you. Just over 12 months ago we were contacted by Movistar because they had an introductory 12 month offer:

Free local and national calls, 500 minutes to mobiles plus 10 Mb ADSL for 45€ a month (incl 13€ p/m line)

Now the 12 months are over and last month we were billed 65€.

I'm not happy about it but it is what we signed up for and we really did have a poor time with Jazztel before that.

That might not be what happened in your case of course, but it fits the time frame.

We're looking at Orange...

http://internet.orange.es/adsl/con-linea-orange/maxima-velocidad-llamadas/index.html?utm_source=orange&utm_medium=homeorange&utm_term=home+adsl+llamadas+herobox+boton1&utm_campaign=fijo&AAC_PROMO_CODE=31223

All the Best!

Like 0      
09 Feb 2012 8:01 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I signed up for a 12 month contract which included instaltaion of the phone line as one wasn't fitted previously, a free router and discounted line rental. At the end of the 12 months, the line rental went up.TF didn't want to negotiate, so I arranged to move to Vodafone. To cut a long story short, VF took my money as did TF for one service. After 3 months (and my next visit to Spain) the VF router was returned, I got a refund of the fees paid . I also telephoned TF from my Spanish home phone and asked for cancellations. I recieved a 20€ pm discount for agreeing to stay another year.

Mark

Like 0      
09 Feb 2012 8:13 PM by mugabe Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

FINE BUT STILL 15 EU MORE THAN I PAY

Like 0      
09 Feb 2012 9:18 PM by Angell Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

I contracted with Telefonica in May 2008 at 40.90 Euro per month for 6mb ADSL and 13.97 for the landline, I have been very happy with them, the rate is still the same now and last August they increased me to 10mb with no extra charge, on a couple of ocasions that I had problems they were very prompt in putting them right, all Spanish calls are free and I pay 9.95 Euro per month for 300 minutes of calls to UK, who can better that?

Like 0      
10 Feb 2012 4:20 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

(Sorry that this is a duplicate post, but Angell posted twice  and had not noticed this was the main thread)

Jazztel is cheaper,  than tha Angell, especially if you argue a bit.

Just got my ADSL reduced by 40%. I am now on 10 mg (get around 9). The land line charge is the same at Moviestar, but I pay on the one bill from Jazztel. (I was until getting reduced, paying 54 euros a month for 20 mb, the landline and IVA).    I am paying 47 euros now, for everything including IVA

All my calls in Spain (to land lines but not 902 etc are free). 

I call the world using voipcheap.com. The western world is free to land line (and that includes mobiles in USA). I can also call 0845, or whatever they are now, in UK and toll free numbers worldwide, albeit for a small charge). Voipcheap. Com is in most cases cheaper than Skype, and often (to Philippines etc) much cheaper, and never more expensive..

Like 0      
10 Feb 2012 9:29 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

hang on everyone, Vodaphone have announced 50% savings to switch to them, ie an entire bundle hone phone, brodband, mobile phone and a dongle that gives u mobile broadband as part of your home broadband package.  10 mg will be offered.

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 2:36 PM by stevebatchelor Star rating in Spain. 13 posts Send private message

stevebatchelor´s avatar

Hi everybody

I could do with a little advice'

I have had movistar for about 3 years. Including the line and maybe 6 or 9 mb speed, it started of at about 40 euro a month. I did know I was on a fair discount to start with. At the begining of this year it has now risen to about 70 euro. As I am not in Spain full time I cancelled.

I don't really need a land line, because if I have some sort of internet conection I can us Skpe which is so cheap its untrue. I saw a company called Citrus Red offering pay as you go dongles at 80 euros. We call them SKY CARDS in Thailand, and they are exellent here.. So any advice on this type of option most welcome.

I did try to contact Citrus Red several times through their website, but never seem to get an answer. Maybe thats because I am in Thailand and did not give her a Spanish phone number. I did have normal Citrus Red internet before Movistar, and to say the least, that women there was not a nice person to deal with.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 4:48 PM by rigpig Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Telefonica Internet might be expensive but it is VERY good and works all the time at the full bandwidth available. I know many many people who have moved away for a cheaper deal and without exception they have had problems.

Ringing Telefonica and asking for a discount usually works so it´s best to stick around.

You can´t compare UK prices to Spain, the infrastructure and business models are totally different, Here I have found that you get what you pay for and have been with Telefonica for 6 years. I´m very happy with the service but if a comparative service came along at a reasonable saving I would definitley take it.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 6:10 PM by crazymo Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

I too was with Telefonica but I am now with Ole Communicacion.  I pay €51 per month and for that I get over 70 TV channels, free phone calls to Europe, Canada & USA or free to Spain, I can choose either.  I also get internet, not sure what speed but they will split that package.  I pay €10 for TV, €20 for internet and €21 for telephone

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 6:16 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

OLE is by far the best it has 3Megs download, the up load is only half a meg but still very good.....

Like 0      
11 Feb 2012 7:49 PM by PablodeRonda Star rating in Ronda (Málaga). 76 posts Send private message

My view of Telefonica/Movistar Fijo (landline) is very negative, although I'm very pleased with my current mobile deal with them.

When we moved house a year ago it managed to take Telefonica 6 weeks to provide us with a line. I was livid, so the tariff was irrelevant. I cancelled immediately it was in and switched to Orange, who organised the switchover. Without looking things up we normally pay just under 50€ pm for line rental, ADSL, free calls to Spanish landlines, 900 mins pm of calls to overseas landlines and the odd call to a foreign mobile. We've rarely had a problem, even though we're out in the campo, and they fix things very quickly. The staff on the phone are friendly, polite and speak comprehensible Spanish (castellano).

My Movistar mobile deal is Tarifa 6: 6€ pm for a low call rate (6 cents per min + connection) to all other phones (incl. landlines) and free calls at weekends.

I recently got called by Telefonica to try to get me to switch landline/ADSL back to them, but I'm not keen. Anyway, I still have 6 months of my Orange contract to run.

Telefonica is consistently no 1 for number of complaints made to FACUA - the Spanish equivalent of the Consumers' Association, but they'll survive, cos they were the former state telephony company and still have a monopoly on the lines.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving to Portugal via Seville - 9 posts
Which side on the Round-a-bouts? - 39 posts
hows the weather - 4 posts
Property Prices! - 62 posts
Another success for Costaluz, Maria and her team - 9 posts
Costaluz Lawyers, A great success in recovering our deposit using law 57/68 - 9 posts
How do I edit my thread? - 4 posts
Funeral Plans - 0 posts
Testimonial for Maria de Castro and the team at Costa Luz Lawyers - 4 posts
Gib. - 3 posts
driving to Spain from the UK - 16 posts
road tax advice - 5 posts
Legalisation Issies! - 5 posts
Typist Wanted - 0 posts
Have I really won the lottery? - 22 posts
Tax on Rental-Deductions - 8 posts
PROPERTY ADMINISTRATOR - 2 posts
Crisis?? - 0 posts
Earthquake - 3 posts
Mazarron apartment - 2 bed and 1 bath. - 1 posts
Working in the UK and having shares' dividends in Spain - 1 posts
Working in the UK, with share dividends in Spain - 0 posts
Recommendations for child friendly restaurants - 2 posts
EXPATS WALK FOR THEIR VILLAGE - 0 posts
surina - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x