Another Scam

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

WARNING took this off a forum I belong to (UK) but could be anywhere- posted today

'I got a phone call from some one purporting to be from Microsoft, I had just updated my system so I believed it to be legit. We are all used to our calls going to the Indian Sub Continent so there was no real worries there with the guys accent. He told me that I had just updated and what I had updated. He then asked me to check that it had not gone down as an error or warning, one element of the update had. He then asked me to down load another legfit program that would give remote access to my machine. When that was done they took over the machine and started to laugh and demanded £97 for a years protection or they would do all kinds of illeagle things with my machine. And because I had given my permission there was nothing I could do. IT IS A CON DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT DO THIS. JUST PUT THE PHONE DOWN. I will now have to close down all of my accounts and start again with all kinds of new pass words etc. Be warned they are very convincing and very good at worrying you, too damn good. They are just a bunch of con men who prey on fear and lack of understanding, I am not that good with computers so I was worried. Now I am just really cross. '

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
01 Feb 2012 11:34 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Lots of us have had these phone calls, last time they rang me which was only a few weeks ago, when they started asking me questions about my PC, I just said what PC I don't have one, they soon put the phone down.

A pensioner friend of mine had just bought a new laptop, I was with her and we got it all sorted and set up for her, a few days later she was on about this indian guy who was keep ringing her and telling her to do this and that, in the end she was that fed up she said ring back later, by this time I had told her it was a scam, next time he rang she just said she didn't have a PC now.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

derrama extraordinaria - 2 posts
Car Value? - 3 posts
New Smartphone- please help!!! - 3 posts
Cam Bank Wrongful Charges - 4 posts
Convalidation forms - 2 posts
Problem with Firefox? - 9 posts
Claiming job seekers allowance in Spain - 56 posts
Q for Justin - 6 posts
Car Import Taxes etc. - 2 posts
Strange demand?? - 1 posts
Best banks in Spain - 32 posts
Guardia Civil introduce new rules for foreign cars - 41 posts
Fuente Álamo de Murcia any information would be helpful - 2 posts
Sad - 5 posts
Best Euro Route Finder Please - 6 posts
Auriga Crown car hire ceased trading - 11 posts
Renault Scenic '98 Turbo Diesel for sale. - 0 posts
Interim Charging Order - 5 posts
Filing accounts at the Hacienda - 10 posts
Bunk beds wanted - 0 posts
Help for changing Aqugest water supply - 6 posts
Spanair Bust ? - 4 posts
What questions are allowed at an AGM - 8 posts
HEATER, COOLER, HUMIDIFIER ONLY 50 EUROS COSTA DEL SOL - 3 posts
TV CABINET. ONLY 30 EUROS. COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x