Ryanair - Alicante warning!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by carmol Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

We have just returned to England after a short break in Spain.  Queing for the Ryanair flight from Alicante, a female Ryanair employee singled out one of our friends - a woman in her fifties - and required her to place her bag in the cage used for measuring hand luggage.  The bag went it .. but the Ryanair representative told our friend 'I don't care if it goes in or not - it's up to me, and I say it's too wide'.  Our friend was charged 40 euro to bring her bag home - which was lighter than it was when she left England and which had fit into Ryanair's own measuring device.  So apparently it's now up to individual Ryanair staff to decide arbitrarily whether you can take your bag on board.  There were no problems leaving the UK - where her bag was also subjected to the measurement test - and interestingly all the Spaniards struggling on board with large rucksacs went unchallenged.  So be careful - staff at Alicante may be looking to increase their bonus payments!

Like 0      
26 Jan 2012 3:53 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Yellow Jackets... Dont you just love them?

Maybe this is what she used to do before taking up this job with Ryan...

This message was last edited by foxbat on 26/01/2012.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
26 Jan 2012 4:02 PM by lostagain Star rating. 57 posts Send private message

LOVELY VIDEO SHAME THE POLICE DIDNT COME THE GUARDS COULD HAVE BEEN ARRESTED FOR HARASMENT

Like 0      
26 Jan 2012 8:33 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

What a great video I will now use it as a training aid. (Perhaps I need permission) it did Kingdom Security services of Scunthorpe a great dis-service.
I work in the Security industry and have done for many years.
I would have dismissed or recommended re-training of both officers for the way they dealt with the delicate situation.
My first observation was to see either officer not displaying his or her SIA Licence; this is a requirement by Law, which is government, regulated. It is to be displayed at all times. With hefty fines attached for non-compliance. Some in-house security, slight changes to rules may apply.
Kingdom Security Services Looked very much like a contract service
Both officers should have received training in conflict management and applied it. They both just came back for more.
With regards to the person taking the photographs of the company building perhaps he should have asked first.
Being polite sometimes generates the answer you want or not in some circumstances.

Back to the main subject. A few months ago I was told off by Ryanair staff for telling fellow travellers the best way to get your bag in the measuring cage was to place it in handle first as the wheels on some hand baggage got in the way. Also if it was a tight fit you stood a better chance of pulling it out using the wheels without being left with just the handle. I have one or two cases without handles but plenty with wheels.

It comes down to following the rules. But is it against the Law perhaps I will contact Kingdom Security tomorrow for the answer.

Have a nice day now

Like 0      
26 Jan 2012 9:05 PM by lostagain Star rating. 57 posts Send private message

THE FILMING SEEMED TO OCCUR IN A PUBLIC PLACE THEREFORE THEY ARE FREE TO FILM AS THEY WISH

AS I RECALL IT IS ONLY GOVERNMENT SECURITY ESTABLISHMENTS THAT CAN BAN PHOTOGRAPHY, FOR OBVIOUS REASONS

ALSO THEY SAID THEY WERE FILMING THE BUILDING, THE GUARDS WERE THERE OF THERE OWN FREE WILL MERELY GOT IN THE WAY HOW WOULD YOU ASK A BUILDING FOR PERMISSION?

THE COPYRIGHT IS THE PROPERTY OF THE PHOTRAPHER IN THIS CASE SO YOU WOULD HAVE TO ASK THERE PERMISSION TO USE IT

AS I MENTIONED THE GAURDS WERE GUILTY OF "HARRASMENT", WHICH IS ILLEGAL IN THE UK AND IT IS A SHAME THEY DIDNT CALL THE POLICE AS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EVEN FUNNIER. 

AH THE RYAN AIR BAG SIZERS, I ONCE WATCHED SOMEONE WALK OF WITH THEIR BAG STILL INSIDE TO MEASURER SO HOPE THEIR PLANES HOLD TOGETHER BETTER THAN THE SIZERS.

FOXBAT DO YOU HAVE ANY MORE VIDS LIKE THAT ONE?

Like 0      
30 Apr 2012 9:40 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

henryreed, mnj and others - if you read the opening post of this thread any fair minded person would say that the ladies treatment was disgraceful.  But there was no real support or interest.  You might reply that you're fed up with the RyanAir knockers - but this was an outrageous incident that now seems to be accepted as standard practice for RyanAir.

Someone said on another thread "I obey RyanAir's rules so I'm OK" - well, not necessarily so apparently.

I'm ashamed that too many of my fellow Brits put up with this nonsense, all in the selfish pursuit of cheap fares that increasingly do not exist.  But isn't your dignity and a little civility more important ?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HPA - 3 posts
Could this be a good time to take over an existing business in Spain? - Discuss - 14 posts
IBI calculations - 7 posts
Do you need to be resident to work in spain - 29 posts
Nearest hospital please??? - 2 posts
yahoo mail problems - 3 posts
Some People - 1 posts
PLEASE HELP, WHAT FORM DO I NEED? - 2 posts
Transport to UK From Spain and Back from UK to Spain and Man with van - 1 posts
permission to move!! - 2 posts
Return of deposits from Aifos in 2003 - 33 posts
Car Rental Malaga Airport, Hire Full of Fuel, Return Full - 0 posts
where to hire cots and stair gate - 3 posts
unlimited wireless broadband - 18 posts
How To Save Money Traveling In Europe - 1 posts
Missing Person...My Husband. - 15 posts
RHD UK plates Ford Transit LWB - 0 posts
Statutes not registered.......... - 7 posts
A Long Let - 3 posts
Decisions, dicisions? - 3 posts
advice on rental contracts and use of avals - 0 posts
Looking for work in spain this summer - 5 posts
Mojon Hills, what's the forum view, good, great place to invest? - 7 posts
Hello - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x