For those who use this service to travel to East Midlands Airport.
No longer a service at the bottom of our lane.
OH!!! never mind. I will just have to return to using Airport Parking
Nottingham Skylink was introduced in 2004, providing a much needed link between Nottingham City Centre and East Midlands Airport.
For the past eight years, the service has been jointly funded by both Nottingham City Council and the airport and has benefitted from over £2.37million of investment, with passenger numbers increasing to over half a million each year.
From Sunday 25th March 2012, trent barton buses will operate a commercial Nottingham Skylink service from Friar Lane and Broad Marsh to East Midlands Airport via Long Eaton.
The new commercial service will remain largely unchanged as it will continue to operate 24-hours a day, half hourly from 4am to midnight and hourly through the night, 7 days a week, and will take 55 minutes to reach the Airport. However to ensure that it is commercially viable, it will take a different route between the Airport and Nottingham City Centre.
As trent barton is registering a commercial Nottingham Skylink service, it would not be viable or lawful, under the Transport Act 1985, for Nottingham City Council to fund the current Nottingham Skylink service, as a subsidised bus service should not duplicate commercial provision.
Customers who use Skylink between Clifton and the City Centre will continue to be served by Navy Line 1, 2, 3 and Unilink 4 – providing buses every 8-10 minutes during Monday to Saturday daytimes.
Summary information for the new service:
- The last service operated by NCT will be at 04:00 from Nottingham and 04:45 from East Midlands Airport on Sunday 25th March 2012. The next departure on Sunday 25th March 2012 will be operated by trent barton on the new Nottingham Skylink timetable.
- The new Nottingham Skylink will continue to operate 24-hours a day, half hourly from 4am to midnight and hourly through the night, 7 days a week, and will take 55 minutes to reach the Airport. Buses will continue to leave Friar Lane at 00 and 30 past each hour.
- The route will be Friar Lane, Broadmarsh, Queens Medical Centre, University Dunkirk South Entrance, Beeston Queens Road, Beeston Station Road, Chilwell Retail Park, Long Eaton Green, Long Eaton Train Station, Castle Donington Bus Station, East Midlands Airport DHL, East Midlands Airport Terminal
- Standard Skylink ticket options will remain in place. These include single/day return ticket £5, month open return £8, family return ticket (2 adults and up to 3 children) £12.
- Trent Barton will honour the existing agreement of a half-price family return ticket on production of a valid taxi receipt for departures from Friar Lane.
- Normal concessionary fares continue to apply.
- There will no longer be a £1.50 day return add-on when you show an Easyrider card. This is because Trent Barton ticket machines cannot read NCT Easyrider cards and drivers will therefore not know whether these cards are valid or not.