Renewing Residencia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Apr 2012 2:08 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Orinoco

Whilst no doubt those who pressed for the abolition thought they were doing the right thing, I think that most of us who had a Residencia would be glad if it came back, thus saving the potential problems of having to carry our original passport as our only legal  ID.

Shooting one self in foot  and if it is ain't broke .........   springs to mind   !!!

Like 0      
24 Apr 2012 2:57 PM by Abyss_Rover Star rating in Mallorca. 72 posts Send private message

I have to agree with johnzx

As the law of Spain states, that everyone must carry a national identification (including a photo), surely this is the law of their land. With the old card this was easy, now it's harder for all eu members who are resident in Spain.

www.finditfme.com The new, advanced way to find what you are looking for.

Like 0      
24 Apr 2012 3:13 PM by Orinoco Star rating in Castilla La Mancha. 141 posts Send private message

Orinoco´s avatar

You could be right John, perhaps it was with the best intentions but it ended up an obsession with them and caused untold grief for thousands of ex-pats. They may well have done some good work fighting for ex-pats` rights in other areas, but for me, that over-shadowed everything really. 

Due to injury and subsequent surgery last year I had to fork out the best part of 200 quid in order to renew my UK passport even though I had no intention of travelling anywhere, indeed wasn't even in a fit state to go anywhere, purely to satisfy Spanish Social Security that I was who I said I was. They simply would not consider Family book, driving licence, Familia Numerosa card, or expired passport.

99% of the time my Spanish driving licence is sufficient for ID but occasionally stores like Media Markt wont accept it (Alcala de Henares) and for some reason the Alcampo in Torrejon de Ardoz won't accept it instore yet the Alcampo petrol station in the car park does. It really is a hit and miss affair.

Life was far easier with the residencia, and cheaper too!

Like 0      
24 Apr 2012 3:55 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

mateo,  when I obtained the new card, while I was in the issuing office,  i commented that, as it was likely to get worn and tatty over the years, i would laminate it. She said no-   it would invalidate it-hope you haven't laminated yours!  In my oponion,  it should be already laminated when you receive it.

I carry a notarised copy of my passport-I will not carry the original, just think of the expense, time and inconvenience if it got lost or stolen-not a rare event in Spain!

Like many others I bemoan the interferance of the expats who helped to abolish the original card-what have they got to say for themselves now?

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Getting the money after judge finding in our favour. - 50 posts
Best Christmas present? - 8 posts
Fun for kids this 24th of December´s afternoon - 0 posts
Iberdola night & day tariff - 4 posts
A Digital Nativity - 0 posts
Who are you? - 7 posts
fruit & veg wholesaler - 0 posts
Ryanair card charges changed again? - 1 posts
Good news for one community in Spain - 1 posts
I have just used my Visa Electron - 1 posts
Bye Ryanair Well done Bmi Baby - 12 posts
British television in Spain - 0 posts
OPEN LETTER TO SR. MARIANO RAJOY - 4 posts
Keyholder required for La Marina property. - 2 posts
Damp!!! Black Mould, on the walls dripping condensation on the windows, can’t seem to get warm. - 4 posts
Valencia, surrounding areas/neighborhoods - 0 posts
Hello to Everyone! - 3 posts
why and how to buy in Spain. Guide by independent professionals - 0 posts
Need a professional irrigation company please - 1 posts
Spanish Driving Licence renewal, how long. - 10 posts
Irrigationof a large plot using a man made lake - 0 posts
Ryanair flights into Murcia - 2 posts
Running a property in Spain. (Non Resident) - 5 posts
Easter week in Malaga - 1 posts
Searching for car hire - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x