Bye Ryanair Well done Bmi Baby

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Dec 2011 12:00 AM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Well I just can’t wait anymore for Ryanair to sort themselves out with their Murcia Flights. I have just found that Bmi Baby are flying into Murcia for 2012. That will do it for me. A more relaxed environment as I remember. I have almost all of my 2012 flights booked now upto the end of September.
Will I miss flying with Ryanair Narrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Bring it on Bmi Baby & Jet 2

Like 0      
26 Dec 2011 8:11 PM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

You obviously dont live near Cardiff !!

I hate BMIBABY for pulling out

Like 0      
27 Dec 2011 12:18 AM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

Last time I looked Nottingham was no where near Cardiff so I guess you are right KerryB!

Seriously though, I agree BMI Baby is a nice airline. Sadly it has lost loads of money and now looks set to be absorbed into British Airways and its future is uncertain. 2012 may be OK but you'll maybe be back with O'Leary in 2013.

David

Like 0      
27 Dec 2011 11:39 AM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

roll on retirement when I can drive down to Spain and stay for 6 months or longer.

Retirement planned for 4 years today. In fact could be boarding the ferry by now........................

Like 0      
27 Dec 2011 12:42 PM by petermadd1 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Funny how we all have different experiences. When bmibaby used to fly from Manchester they seemed to use older aircraft and suffered regular delays. We and several others we knew gave them up as a bad job. They haven't flown from Manchester for a couple of years. Ryanair's new website set up is a pain but at least almost all our flights with them are on time and reasonably cheap. Pete

Like 0      
27 Dec 2011 1:36 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Just  been on a flight out of LIV--ALC l this morning 6.05am people were at gate 42 i think, and then ryanair moved it up to the next gate near riot , people with walking sticks etc moved quicker than the speed of light, There was no need for ryanair to have moved the gate. VERY CHILDISH STAFF.

Like 0      
27 Dec 2011 1:54 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

1.  The advantage of BMIBaby is that they allocate seats so you don't have the scrum at boarding.  They are often as cheap, or cheaper, than Ryanair but depends on time of year.  More expensive in the summer, for example. Oh, and they don't blast out that trumpet when they land on time!

2. Well, getting a ferry is all well and good,. Trouble is, they are subject to cancellations in bad weather like they were last week.  Had to stay an extra week at my daughters due to all ferries being cancelled but eventually made it 2 days before Christmas.  Even got to the supermarket at our home town 40 minutes before closing time (hope the speed cameras weren't working).

3.  Bit unfair to blame Ryanair for a gate change as these are allocated by the airport.  It does seem to happen a lot with Ryanair but they are allocated a gate and then the airport, not the airline, often changes it for some reason or another.

Still the ongoing dispute with using airbridges at Alicante with Ryanair although the local papers are reporting that the airport appears to have given in and Ryanair will be allowed to bus passengers to the aircraft.  How fun is that!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Like 0      
27 Dec 2011 4:54 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

On the odd occasion that we have had to be bused to the aircraft using Easyjet the sheer panic on the faces of the speedy boarders is a joy to behold.

Although it seems they try to position the buses in such a way that the speedy boarders still get on first it seldom happens and it's down to who can run the fastest.

Like 0      
27 Dec 2011 5:07 PM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

The lack of allocated seating on Easyjet and Ryanair flights enduces a rather unpleasant side of human behaviour where the fittest people get the best seats.

With BMI Baby, Aer Lingus, Jet2 etc the boarding experience is more relaxed and pleasant.

David

Like 0      
27 Dec 2011 5:29 PM by mnj Star rating in L.A. Murcia . 37 posts Send private message

but don't forget  the more relaxed and pleasant boarding experience of allocated seating can

cost you from £10 - £14 in extras which can be almost the same price as you flight

Like 0      
27 Dec 2011 5:39 PM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

Pre booked seating (where you pay extra and pick your seat in advance) is a rip off but is not the same as having a seat allocated at check in without charge.

David

Like 0      
27 Dec 2011 9:12 PM by Acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

I read a while ago that both RyanAir & EasyJet were changing their system to pre-allocated seating from Spring 2012.   Perhaps this was a load of cobblers, but it makes sense and is long overdue.

No doubt the motivation is to increase the take-up of their "Speedy Boarding" sales.   As has been stated this is often a waste of money currently - so presumably they plan to stimulate demand of buying annual speedy boarding.  

This will also trigger a need to book your flights early to get full value of your speedy boarding membership.

This message was last edited by Acer on 27/12/2011.

Like 0      
27 Dec 2011 9:31 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

With the allocated seat carriers Its now getting nye on impossible to get a seat for free if like most people you want to check in online

So as long as I'm fit and healthy enough to cope with the occasional bun flight I go as cheap as I can on principal - I have no sympathy with Mr & Mrs Posh who seem to want to travel first class on Easyjet or Ryanair

I joke earlier but its the elderly, young families and people needing assistance that will be forced to suffer higher prices as we go forward.

At the end of the day we can all vote with our feet

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

British television in Spain - 0 posts
OPEN LETTER TO SR. MARIANO RAJOY - 4 posts
Keyholder required for La Marina property. - 2 posts
Damp!!! Black Mould, on the walls dripping condensation on the windows, can’t seem to get warm. - 4 posts
Valencia, surrounding areas/neighborhoods - 0 posts
Hello to Everyone! - 3 posts
why and how to buy in Spain. Guide by independent professionals - 0 posts
Need a professional irrigation company please - 1 posts
Spanish Driving Licence renewal, how long. - 10 posts
Irrigationof a large plot using a man made lake - 0 posts
Ryanair flights into Murcia - 2 posts
Running a property in Spain. (Non Resident) - 5 posts
Easter week in Malaga - 1 posts
Searching for car hire - 0 posts
hi - 1 posts
Kindle Keyboard - download issues due SIM card - 8 posts
ooking for people tenerife - 0 posts
Farmacias in Trouble - 5 posts
Sol Bank Refuse to Pay Out - 11 posts
Registering on electoral roll UK - 7 posts
Domestic Partner - 4 posts
Blocking of view. - 6 posts
Expats to be 'rescued' from Spain and Portugal!!!! - 187 posts
Happy Christmas, good luck and a prosperous New Year to everyone. - 0 posts
Obligation to purchase share in Cajamar Bank - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x