Kindle Keyboard - download issues due SIM card

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Dec 2011 12:00 AM by Furoner Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

It seems Kindles ordered from UK aren't capable of downloading books by G3 in Spain.  Does anyone have any input/ideas/workin knowledge? 

Like 0      
20 Dec 2011 9:27 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I bought a Kindle keyboard in UK a couple of weeks ago.

On 9th Dec I downloaded 27 books direct by G3 in SPAIN. Since then I have downloaded loads of books in the same way.

I did check the coverage before I bought and Spain is included and I registered my Kindle with my Amazon.com account cos you cannot download from Amazon.co.uk if you live in Spain.

Kindle is a brilliant thing and Amazon is great!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
20 Dec 2011 10:33 AM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

We have two Kindles (3G/Wifi versions).  We always load up our books in the UK (Amazon.co.uk) before we go, but we load periodicals in spain via the same 3G signal and have no problem whatsoever.

M.

Like 0      
20 Dec 2011 2:14 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

If you are using 3G in Spain I assume you are using a UK SIM card, which means you will be paying extortionate roaming charges...no??

Best stick to Wi Fi when abroad really.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Dec 2011 2:37 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

3G for Kindle is included in the price you pay for it and there are no charges for using it.  The cost is borne by Amazon.

Like 0      
20 Dec 2011 2:50 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

This also applies if you use the email or web facilities.  It's not great as the email has to be viewed using Gmail or Googlemail and because the web browsing is in monochrome the pages look pretty uninteresting.  Also there is no capacity to take on board any of the programmes (Flashplayer etc) that will allow streamed content.  Neverthelesss an absolute bargain!

M.

Like 0      
20 Dec 2011 5:48 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

If you are having problems with your Kindle downloads, you can always download them  to a PC and then transfer them across.  The Kindle for PC application is free and, once you have your book, connect the PC to the Kindle via the USB provided and move them over.

This doesn't get over your 3G problem but the promise of  the 3G is that it is available worldwide at no cost.  And, yes, registering with amazon.co.uk does allow you to connect in Spain.

Like 0      
20 Dec 2011 5:58 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

OK, so now I'm a bit annoyed with myself having been in the UK recently and racked up roaming charges on my phone for Internet access!  Should have just bought a kindle!!

Sounds like a no-brainer to get a kindle if you travel abroad as at least you can still access your emails and do some basic surfing without incurring any charges.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
21 Dec 2011 8:46 AM by laird dave of lochaber Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 180 posts Send private message

Both mine and my wifes Kinles are registered on amazon.co.uk. We both download books from there to our Kindles here in Spain. Never had any problems we just changed the country in the profiles.

Cheers

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ooking for people tenerife - 0 posts
Farmacias in Trouble - 5 posts
Sol Bank Refuse to Pay Out - 11 posts
Registering on electoral roll UK - 7 posts
Domestic Partner - 4 posts
Blocking of view. - 6 posts
Expats to be 'rescued' from Spain and Portugal!!!! - 187 posts
Happy Christmas, good luck and a prosperous New Year to everyone. - 0 posts
Obligation to purchase share in Cajamar Bank - 6 posts
Generic Bank guarantes-new buyers - 1 posts
Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone - 8 posts
Severe weather warnings in Spain - 0 posts
Butane gas - 14 posts
Morrisons Gibraltar - 2 posts
Electricity Prices Going up 25%?? - 1 posts
volantery contributions needed for the repair of the road at Camino Nicola Estepona - 0 posts
Marble crystalliser? - 2 posts
blue paraffin - 3 posts
Euro VS Sterling - 39 posts
Just moved to Puerto de Mazarron, Murcia - 2 posts
Hi, Im looking for yoga/meditation in Costa del Sol. - 1 posts
mortgage applied for - 5 posts
Sourcing stuff... a source of frustration! - 9 posts
Valor Catastral revalue in Marbella 2011 / 2012 - 4 posts
POLICE WARNING - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x