Mac help

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Dec 2011 12:00 AM by marlowjen Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Is there anyone in the Jerez, Sanlucar or Lebrija area who can help me print from my iPad 1.

We have recently moved from the Castellon area where I struggled but did manage to print. We had a Telefonica land line there with wifi, as we have here. It is driving me mad. I have the same wifi printer.

Are there any Apple shops or dealers in this area, as I can not find one.

Like 0      
11 Dec 2011 11:20 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

I'm know there is Newtons in Gibraltar (Apple dealer) and the Apple store in Marbella (La Cañada Commercial Centre) but I don't know of anywhere closer to you (wherever you may be, as you don't say).

But if nothing has changed with your hardware, then it is probably a configuration problem.  You don't actually say what problem you are having?

Like 0      
12 Dec 2011 12:06 AM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

Hi, Marlowejen

Sorry but I am not near your area.

I do have an iPad2 and I have had no problems up to now printing to my HP wireless printer.

The first thing that is required is that you printer is compatible with the AirPrint software in the iPad and iPhone.  Many are but certainly not all.  I have two different HP Photosmart printers are they are both compatible.  Check the website of the maker of your printer to see if they offer this information and, if not, call the Apple Support people. (see below for details).

The second thing is that the iPad2 needs to be connected to the same WiFi network as your printer and both printer and mobile device need to be in WiFi mode.  I am assuming your Telefonica router supports WiFi and the WiFi is activated.   (please note that when you reset a router usually you must re-activate its WiFi signal.  If you recently moved this might be the problem).  If you cannot see your router WiFi in the iPad then you need to reactivate it and connect your printer to that WiFi.  Usually you have to press your router's reset point for a few seconds to achieve this but it is better to check the router's user manual or contact Telefonica support if you are using a router supplied by them.

Then when you touch the print command in the iPad app you want to print from the iPad will ask you to press to select a printer, touch that and the iPad will start looking for wireless printers compatible with the AirPrint software that are connected to the WiFi network.

You also have to select how many copies of the document you want printed.  And normally that is it.  If you still can't print, here is the Apple Spain Support information:

(34) 902 151 992 or

www.apple.com/es/support/

Like 0      
12 Dec 2011 9:48 AM by marlowjen Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Hi and thanks for prompt reply. My HP printer is def compatible as used it many times in the old house so that is not the problem. We have a new wifi router here provided by Telefonica and have no problesms whatsoever with the wifi.

When I tried to print it came up "no printer found" and had assumed that info would be in the iPad from before as the same printer. It worked fine in th old house but of course a new router here.

When the T engineer came he had probs with passwords, firstly changing the router, then he had to ring his office for different passwords. He wrote down the long number password eventually on the receipt which differs from the one on the bottom of the router, then T sent another one by post which has just arrived, so totally confused.

Maybe I just need a lap top to configurate it? but of course we do not have one now as it was stolen from our old house. Maybe the easiest option is in late Jan when we return to the UK for 2 weeks is to buy the HP AirPrint printer from John Lewis as see they are much more expensive over here. They were £55 last month in the UK.

Thanks for help.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2011 10:01 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

You can buy from amazon (just an example) - and they deliver to Spain using MRW couriers.  You can also find them on amazon.es - who use the same service to deliver locally.  Both should only take a matter of a few days.

This message was last edited by Pitby on 12/12/2011.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2011 10:29 AM by marlowjen Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Thanks and we have used Amazon here for years and a very good service it is.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2011 11:34 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

Hello again

The way you describe it in your second post, it does not look to me like your problem is with the printer but rather with the router and its password(s).  If possible, before buying another printer, I would take the one you have and your iPad to a friend's who had WiFi and try to connect the printer and the iPad to that other WiFi to see if they can connect and print.  That way you make sure that the problem is with your router and not with the printer or iPad.

Then if you paid Telefonica for your router, they should change it at no cost.  I accidentally dropped my Telefonica router after I had it for over two years and it broke open and would not work.  Telefonica provided another one at no cost to me.  The fault was mine and yet they changed it. Certainly they should change yours if it does not work with all your devices through no fault of your own.

If finally  you need a new printer, the HP Photosmart B110 series that I bought in Mediamarkt in Los Barrios near Algeciras cost me around 70 Euros.  I also saw them in Carrefour, but can't remember the price there.  Perhaps if you add the shipping costs, the difference with the one at Amazon UK is not that big.  I think there is a Mediamarkt in Jerez in the new shopping centre where Ikea is located.  If not, look in Carrefour.  

Like 0      
13 Dec 2011 8:34 AM by marlowjen Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Thank you, will do. Media Markt do have that printer in Jerez as we popped in there yesterday and it was 69€.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2011 5:49 PM by marlowjen Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Thanks for all suggestions.
One last question. I already had the eprint app downloaded. I have now downloaded the HP home and biz app.
The very helpful guy in Media Markt said once I downloaded eprint (already had) it would be very easy to print with the HP110 and I def would not need another computer to set up or have to put in my router details.

Is this correct?

Many thanks.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2011 11:38 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

I have never configured my printers using these Apps, but I would suspect the person in Mediamarkt is correct that you can do it from your iPad with the ePrint app and HP app without the need for a laptop.  I have configured my router in this way and it is working OK.

It would be good to know if this is correct and if you succeeded in setting up the printer.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2011 9:01 AM by marlowjen Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Are you saying you just switched on your new HP 110 and it worked immediately with no configuring? Did you use a lap top when you first bought and set up the new printer with your ipad2?

Last question ..... sorry!!! ans thanks again.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2011 10:49 AM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

As I said I have two printers in two different places.  The first one I configured through the laptop using the HP software disc that came with the printer although I think I then had to update it by downloading the latest version.  It works fine with everything, computer, iPad and iPhone.

The second printer I configured it and connected it to my WiFi network by following instructions and pressing the buttons on the little window of the printer.  I never installed the disc on the computer and I am able to print from the computer, from the iPad and iPhone with no trouble.  The only thing is that for example I cannot check the ink levels on this printer on this computer like I can with the other one where I have the HP software on the other computer, but as I said, this pinter works fine without having installed any special software for it.

I have two different computers, one in each place, but the iPad and iPhone are the same and work with both printers fine.

Before posting my earlier message about the ePrint app, I checked the specs of the app "ePrint Biz and Home" in the App Store and it did specify that it enabled the setting up of the printer using the iPad2 and that is why I said that the person at the store was correct in stating that it could be done.  However, I haven't installed this app as I have not needed it so far.

Don't worry about your questions.  I am happy to help.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2011 2:07 PM by marlowjen Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bike shop Fuengirola/La Cala - 1 posts
RYAN STRIKE AGAIN - 1 posts
Settle an argument - 8 posts
Help with Paying Non Resident Tax. - 10 posts
Van to Mijas Costa - 6 posts
Problems With Intasure - 1 posts
Overweight Moi - 0 posts
WAITING TWO MONTHS FOR RETURN OF DEPOSIT - 8 posts
Marbella joins the move to leave the A-7 in darkness - 3 posts
Driving in the rain - 12 posts
Wishing You all Feliz Navidad. - 2 posts
Tenants Rights? - 13 posts
A DIY challenge - 7 posts
Selling house - current values in Mojacar vs 5 years ago? market activity? - 10 posts
Inheritance Tax - 11 posts
non residence tax. - 2 posts
BANCO SABADELL TO BUY CAM BANK FOR ONE EURO - 8 posts
Some Christmas cards - 0 posts
My baby and me! - 0 posts
No surprises then - 0 posts
Local taxes. - 0 posts
Any one do airport runs for a resonable price - 2 posts
posting AGM papers - 13 posts
Bicycle pump - 8 posts
i phones and smartphones - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x