Marbella joins the move to leave the A-7 in darkness

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Dec 2011 12:00 AM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

In line with other Costa del Sol towns, Marbella has decided to stop paying for lighting along the A-7, claiming that national highways should be paid for by the central government. From December 1st, only bills for the electricity needed for the stretch between Puerto Banús and Guadalmina are still being met by the corporation, the explanation being that this road runs through a town, San Pedro, and also that it would be dangerous to leave it unlit in view of the roadworks taking place.
The tunnel on the AP-7 where the toll road and the Puerto Banús road diverge also still has lights, as the company holding the toll road concession has agreed to put the bills in its name.
With this, the Town Hall will save a total of 350,000 euros a year.
Source: www.surinenglish.com 

Like 0      
09 Dec 2011 2:36 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Its very wrong they should all do this, as it was said on another thread it's a false saving as there are bound to be many accidents. I know people from Mijas and East Marbella who are going into work in the pitch black - no fun on the La Cala and Rio Real bends. I know one girl who works in Iceland at Banus, she is absolutely terrified with the situation.

s

Like 0      
09 Dec 2011 2:54 PM by SMYTHIE Star rating. 145 posts Send private message

FUNNY. HOW MANY UK MOTORWAYS HAVE LIGHTING? YET NO MOANS MOVE TO SPAIN AND OFF WE GO.

Like 0      
09 Dec 2011 2:56 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Team GB, i totally agree, i have nearly had a few accidents already as i live in the area of Mijas Costa and it is real bad,  the number of accidents will be higher and what is worse is they are going to be real bad accidents as lack of visibility is a nightmare.

I am not surprised so many people are going home.

Joan

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving in the rain - 12 posts
Wishing You all Feliz Navidad. - 2 posts
Tenants Rights? - 13 posts
A DIY challenge - 7 posts
Selling house - current values in Mojacar vs 5 years ago? market activity? - 10 posts
Inheritance Tax - 11 posts
non residence tax. - 2 posts
BANCO SABADELL TO BUY CAM BANK FOR ONE EURO - 8 posts
Some Christmas cards - 0 posts
My baby and me! - 0 posts
No surprises then - 0 posts
Local taxes. - 0 posts
Any one do airport runs for a resonable price - 2 posts
posting AGM papers - 13 posts
Bicycle pump - 8 posts
i phones and smartphones - 6 posts
BANKIA - 47 posts
Hi new tonight - 1 posts
Property capital gains tax - 6 posts
TRIPS TO GRANADA - 2 posts
Hello new here - 13 posts
Hello im making a project about spain values and would like to ask few questions - 2 posts
Few questions about spain for student :) thx you! - 0 posts
Few questions about spain for student :) thx you! - 0 posts
Winter Driving Conditions - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x