Where would be best for me and my son??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Dec 2011 12:00 AM by emmacarrie86 Star rating in ayrshire at the mome.... 12 posts Send private message

I am a single mother age 26 and my son just turned 4. We plan on moving through to the costa del sol area of spain in 6-18 months. When we move will very much depend on when I have reached my goal of saving at least £15,000. I am in the middle of starting a very succesful business with my friend who currently lives in la linea so money wont be an issue. I want to put my son into an international school for 2 years while we adapt to the country and the language. I dont drive and never will as quite frankly think I would be putting myself and others at danger if i got behind the wheel of a car as my concentration is really bad so I need to find somewhere along the costa del sol that:

• Isnt too expensive to rent, i know i said money isnt an issue but doesnt mean i want to throw money away on rent when 3 miles down the road i could get a nice place that doesnt cost too much.
  • Is walking distance (like 20 minutes) from a good international school
  • Has good public transport to and from la linea de la concepcion
  • Is only 30-60 minutes by public transport from Malaga airport (gibraltar doesnt fly to my home airport)
  • Has good public transport links to and from marbella

I know im asking for a lot but the place doesnt need to match all of these as long as we are walking distance from a good international school and have good public transport links to and from la linea, the rest are all wants not needs.

Thanks for all your help

Like 0      
04 Dec 2011 9:25 AM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

Emma

ESTEPONA area pretty much ticks all the boxes

Here is the International school website http://www.marbellaschool.com/ fees look to be 5685 euros per annum,so not cheap and they get a very long summer break I remember ,its 30 mins to La Linea and 60 Mins to Malaga Airport

Beware Taxis are expensive and the Bus is so slow and no trains that far down the coast so not been able to drive on the CDS is a big disadvantage.

La Linea is a very poor town FRANCO use to send all the very bad families here in the 60s and 70s to pee off GIBRALTAR ,but if you are commuting no problem I guess

GOOD LUCK

Rod

This message was last edited by rod on 04/12/2011.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2011 10:38 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I would suggest you look at Fuengirola area.

Three trains an hour to Malaga City (including to airport) and good bus services too.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2011 11:18 AM by franvidal Star rating in Lo Pagán. 19 posts Send private message

franvidal´s avatar

Hi emmacarrie 86,

In the last years, most of Spanish public schools have become bilingual, so you will find many of them wherever you go.

If you google "listado de centros bilingues de la junta de andalucia centros docentes", the first (or one of the first links) will take you to the official website of the Consejería de Educación de Andalucía (Regional Educational Ministry).

There you can select "Málaga", then "Centro Bilingüe: Español-Inglés", and finally "Buscar". And you will have the full list of public schools in which lessons are both in English and Spanish. They are arranged by the location in alphabetic order (localidad is the name of the village or town).Note that primary schools will start with the acronym "C.E.I.P.".

Like 0      
04 Dec 2011 2:12 PM by TheGuru Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

Iff I was you I would stay at home for few years spains is crap at the moment at least you wonts be begging on the street as a lot of britishers are now having for and some prostituions as too.

Thank me soonn

Guru

Like 0      
04 Dec 2011 2:26 PM by SMYTHIE Star rating. 145 posts Send private message

EMMA PANIC NOT IT IS NO WORSE THAN THE UK

AND IF YOU ARE SURE UR BUSINESS WILL WORK THEN YOU WILL BE FINE

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LORAINE45 - 1 posts
Deep sea fishing out of Duquesa - 1 posts
Entitlement to Healthcare - 20 posts
wifi spain - 2 posts
Private medical insurance cancellation - 9 posts
Spare a thought for Michael O'Leary, Chief Executive of 'Ryanair' - 71 posts
Cajasol BIC - 5 posts
BARGAIN!!!!!! TOYOTA RAV4 2005.... NEED TO SELL!!!! - 2 posts
Greater flexibility in the processing of foreigners in Spain - 0 posts
Roda Golf - Furniture for Sale - 2 posts
I'm worried for Spain - 84 posts
Don Lochnagar - 3 posts
AND YET ANOTHER MAGNIFICENT VICTORY FOR COSTALUZ !!!! - 3 posts
Apple i Phone4 32GB model a1332-San Roque 300euros ono - 0 posts
My Partner has a foreclosure notice on a property in Spain. She lives in the UK - 25 posts
Wanted unfurnished long term rental - 0 posts
Iceland near San Javier - 4 posts
Heating allowance for OAPs in Spain - 22 posts
Social Security Card? - 5 posts
Available Cleaner/Key holder - 2 posts
Internet connection - 10 posts
H, im moving to spain in new year... - 8 posts
Removal from Spain to UK - 4 posts
Survival of the Fitest ? - 5 posts
The name 'Omeia' - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x