Scraping English car in Alicante

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by nelly1981 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi

I am organising a rally to alicante using old cars crossing about 5 different countries but when we get to benidorm we need someone to scrap the cars we are using before we fly back to the UK. this is a charity event so ideally looking for it doing free or even getting paid for extra funds for the charity. If anyone knows of any in this area who will collect the vehicles from as close as they can from alicante airport this would be ideal. We are not doing this rally while next september but want to get contacts ready for when we finalise the plans. Also looking for accomadation in benidorm for between 15 and 50 adults and a venue for an awards night where we would be able to have a sit down meal and a few beers before heading off into benidorm for the night.

A lot i know just trying to get things ready.

wayne

Like 0      
08 Nov 2011 7:07 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Under Spanish law you cannot legally scrap, sell or gift away a foreign registered car. It has to go back from whence it came.

That said there'll be someone who'll take them.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2011 2:53 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Gus may well be right. But I would have thought that is the vehicle has been imported, as per other personal belongings and household goods, then I cannot see that it should be a problem.

I know it was years ago when there was duty to be paid for importing, so if you scrapped one here, that was tantamount to importation.

Maybe this will be of interest:-

http://www.tumbit.com/how-to-guides/articles/67-how-to-scrap-a-uk-car-in-spain.html

Like 0      
09 Nov 2011 3:46 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

The coast is littered with abandoned English cars.

All you do is leave it on public road (not on urbanisations or private ground) or to be sure of getting it scrapped park in the areas designated for police vehicles and it will be dealt with very quickly.

if you are going to airport just park in the area for passenger set down and it will also be lifted fairly quickly.

Johnzx - what do you think?

Like 0      
09 Nov 2011 4:18 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I suspect that some people (Spaniards) have a poor enough view of foreigners without us littering public places with our junk and thus I would not support Faro's (very surprisingly)  totally irresponsible suggestion.

Doing so could attract legal penalties, if you can be traced. (That could be done reasonabñy simply, if the police chose to do so, as not only are registration number traceable but so too are chassis and engine numbers).

Like 0      
09 Nov 2011 4:22 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

John, I agree and I too am surprised by Faro's comment. 

I would not have thought he would have said such a thing.

Just goes to show we don't know people as well as we might think !!!

Elaine

Like 0      
09 Nov 2011 5:21 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

sorry - I was half serious and half joking.

It depends on the mood I am in at the time.

But abandoned cars both spanish and non-spanish is a real problem.

So what I'm really saying don't leave the car on any kind of private property like an urbanisation ....

Like 0      
09 Nov 2011 5:32 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Abandoning a vehicle or any other rubbish anywhere is just about the same, and it's certainly no joke, whatever mood one may be in !

On an unbanisation the community incur a cost, in a public place,  the public incur a cost, leading to increases in IBI etc.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

tenants rights re bank repossession - 4 posts
This will warm the cockles of your heart - yum! - 13 posts
--CAR WANTED-- - 0 posts
Jet 2 - 3 posts
AutoCaravans - 5 posts
Wanted reliable cleaner and key holder needed for 4 privately owned apartments in Guardamar Del Segura - 5 posts
TechnoApe - 10 posts
Taking the builder to court. - 4 posts
English speaking dentists Malaga or Granada area. - 8 posts
Hello, Advice needed please on purchasing a coastal apartment in the Murcia area - 28 posts
Driving lessons in english - 0 posts
Outstanding Loan on Vehicle - 0 posts
Murcia Appeal Courts for Bank liability for deposits refund - 3 posts
community pool rules - 3 posts
La Marmitas Fuengirola - 0 posts
English speaking lawyer - 0 posts
registered online with aquagest - now how do I get my facturas - 0 posts
Christmas e greeting ... - 4 posts
cannot register online with aquagest levante - 1 posts
Towing a mini digger from UK to Spain - 7 posts
tax iva - 2 posts
cost saving tip when booking flights with the budget airlines - 0 posts
Aer Lingus - 0 posts
How do I find my old posts? and why do I not get email notifications? - 5 posts
Aquagest Estepona - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x