ROTA Spain Recycling and second hand stores

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by VERANO Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hola!  I just came to stay in Rota for awhile.  I'm trying to figure out the recycling system.  

There are 4 bins outside the apartment complex.  Glass, Cardboard/paper, plastic and cans, and organica.  The organic one is where I am confused.  Is it for all food scraps.  Do you just pour them in or are you suppose to package them in a certain way.  Is meat scraps ok?  Any advice welcome.  

Also, I love thrift stores.  Can anyone tell me if there are any in the area?  

Gracias por su tiempo 

Like 0      
01 Nov 2011 7:28 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

The normal "organic" bin is for anthing which can't go in any of the recycling bins.  Stuff such as left over food, the contents of your vaccum cleaner, etc.

No need to package in any special way.  Most people just put it all in a bin bag and dump it in the "organica" bin. 

Those that don't bother recycling just dump everything in the organica bin .

I don't know the Rota area but thirft shops aren't that common in Spain so not sure if you have one there.  Many of them tend to be run by expats so many ask other expats in the area, that's probably your best bet.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Nov 2011 1:01 PM by Cove Robert Star rating. 214 posts Send private message

Rota as in Rota close to Jerez? Can't help you with the recycling but if you go for a swim wear water shoes. There seems to be a lot of building debris, tiles and such, in the water. We went swimming at the big beach just left from the yacht club and our feet were cut to shreds. That was 2 years ago, haven't been back since.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Water park - 5 posts
The Phantom Airport... or should that be Airports - 4 posts
Scooter For Sale. - 0 posts
Liberated Co-ownership - 14 posts
Car Hire again folks - 3 posts
Extra Buzon for the Correos? - 1 posts
it is not just Spain - 9 posts
Spanish Reg car for sale on Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Please help explain my Iberdrola bill to me - 1 posts
Beat this for a bank robbery - 1 posts
Renting a parcela for commercial use in the summer - what rent? - 0 posts
How long does a bond apply - 1 posts
excuse me this is test of editing - 0 posts
Thule Rapid System Car Roof Bars with Locks - 2 posts
Pace DS445NB SKY box - 0 posts
Micra Photos (see ad below) - 0 posts
Nissan Micra 2006 LHD Spanish plates - 3 posts
Editing a post - 8 posts
Seal for oven - 6 posts
Transport of goods from UK to Spain - 7 posts
WATERPROOFING TERRACE WITH CAUCHO - 8 posts
no paper work ??? - 4 posts
The Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal 2011 - 1 posts
iPhone 3GS, 32GB for sale - 0 posts
End of the road - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x