Trevor McDonald's disgraceful TV programme

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jun 2007 10:58 AM by chipmonk Star rating in Staffordshire, Engla.... 101 posts Send private message

chipmonk´s avatar

I registered to EOS in September 2005 and have to say I do believe this site and others similar have started to make a big difference to potential and those who have already purchased Spanish property. You can see as the site has grown over the years that 'we' are getting more savvy in our searches for dream properties and any help from the professional people that write on here can only be a good thing and the weeding out of con men and illegal practices and changing antiquated laws is for the good of us all.

I would like to see more agents developers solicitors etc write on these type of forums rather than the few that do, names of honest businessmen and women should receive all the work and the few dishonest ones non whatsoever and that would then drive them somewhere else. It would be nice to see these types of forums the first place that people looking for a property go to for information to really and do their homework. There is a lot of help for all of us.

Good or bad publicity whether right or wrong should highlight and remind us the potential pitfalls of buying abroad. The negative press/media coverage and what people said about misleading timeshares or the new face that it goes under still doesn't stop people getting caught.

The naming and shaming of 'proven' dishonest companies etc can only be a good thing but it must reach the potential purchaser at the begining of their search for a property not six months down the line after they committed themselves to one and found a site like this too late.

Best wishes

Like 0      
15 Jun 2007 11:03 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Good posting Chipmunk and much appreciated. It is interesting to see how much more savvy buyers in the main are and how the market is changing into one akin to the UK where buyers are aware of the facts and not filled with sangria before signing away their lives!

It would be good to have more professionals on here, I cant believe there are only 3 honest agents, 2 decent lawyers and 1 stroppy mortgage broker in the whole of Spain (must be sung to the classic xmas song)

Have a good day!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Jun 2007 12:23 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

GEORGIA/CHIPMONK

Hi

some good points, i really feel sorry for the genuine agents/lawyers/developers. It must be pretty grim, feeling you are being tarred with the same brush. We really could do with a 'name & shame' or  an 'EBAY' style feedback page, though i guess it would be open to abuse from the bad guys?

GEORGIA

thanks for your supportive words. As you say, we wont get over this quickly,  I do at least feel that after 5 years of being lied and cheated to, we are now doing the right thing by fighting for our deposit back with the help of a good spanish lawyer.  We will get it back whatever it takes. We just must not let the sharks get away it any longer for everyones sake. I feel the tide is turning against them, the sooner the better.  I'm looking forward to posting in the 'Happy Stories' thread!

Like 0      
15 Jun 2007 1:14 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Look, a happy story in the Daily Mail:

Happy Spanish property buyers

Whatever next....

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
15 Jun 2007 1:38 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

That article must just be in the Spanish edition it certainly  is not in the English paper surprise surprise?????? Pat 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

EasyJet info - 69 posts
Aifos developers - 16 posts
Marina Dor - Serving a DENOUCE - Help please - 1 posts
Buying off plan - 13 posts
eyeonground? - 2 posts
Are they deaf - 1 posts
Occupied Homes to be Demolished - 6 posts
Direct pension payment - 7 posts
Merry Xmas - 4 posts
Sylvia (The Forge) - 0 posts
Gill - 2 posts
Finally a Urban Plan is submited for aproval by Marbella Town Hall - 2 posts
New Legislationfrom the EU - 26 posts
Townhouse in Mijas near the racecourse - 2 posts
LAWYER COMPLAINTS - 6 posts
Advertise your Tamaragua Villa for free - 4 posts
Buying Furniture in Spain - 16 posts
Euro Select Estates - 0 posts
photos - 2 posts
renaults for sale - 2 posts
Need long term rental in Los Gazules or near International school.Help anyone! - 0 posts
Statutory charges - 3 posts
lookin for chris and denise dockerty - 4 posts
Kliney - 2 posts
Recaliming 5% property tax - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 85

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x