EasyJet info

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Aug 2007 7:53 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

You'll need to check the weight allowance for golf clubs, I think it's 11 kgs and also you'll have to pay both ways as before. 

When I did it they weighed the case and golf carry bag together.

Also take full advantage of your carry on bag as long as you don't exceed the stated dimensions and the restricted items then you can fill the bag to the brim.  Just need enough room for a small handbag for when you go through security.

To save weight I take a holdall instead of a suitcase.  I pack clothes, sheets and towels etc in Space Bags and line the holdall with these.  Everything else goes in the middle and is protected from the buffering from the baggage handlers.  If I'm taking boxed items out then I'll use any spare space in box for other things to go out.  I also save the washing tablet boxes as they help protect any delicate items I want to take out. 

EasyJet are changing but I still think they are miles better than RyanAir.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2007 9:04 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Just received an email from EasyJet about a xmas sale and I've been into the website to check on flights I've booked in December/January to check the prices.  Easyjet have a price promise and I found that our flights we booked in June this year went down and received a £58 credit but unfortunately I had to book next flight by 0870 number which cost me £9, therefore not worth doing if it's only a small refund.

The website now shows the complete price of the ticket each way, don't know how long this new system has been in operation as I originally booked my winter flights  at end of June.

Well done EasyJet, so now all you need to calculate onto the price of a return flight is the luggage charge for x amount of pieces of luggage 2 x £2 etc.

Love the dig at RyanAir that they don't and never have charged a wheelchair levy, last time I booked with RA they were listing a charge of £7.50 as part of the charges.  Before the extra tax was included this year and pre pay for your luggage, on a 1p flight with RA I paid £22.73 dread to think what it is now with all the extra things they have added on.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2007 10:07 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Morning to you Semi

I always look on this site http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php if I need to ring 0870/0871 numbers so go look & ENSURE you read forum posts as very interesting for EasyJet, especially last one copied to here. 015825 25001 FREE !!!!!!!!

rip-off-britain

Re: Easyjet
Reply #45 - Jul 6th, 2007, 1:03pm
What a huge rip off our country has become. Every visitor I invite here cannot believe what an expensive little hell hole our once free and lovely country has become - fine fines fines, penalties penalties penalties. Cameras everywhere to hunt down and fine those little indiscretions. Such control freakery.

This site is marvelous and has saved me a fortune.

I just spent over 20 mins on the phone to easyjet - I used this number 015825 25001 - it worked a treat. Instead of it costing me about £5 quid, it cost me nothing.

Up yours easy-to -rip-us-off- jet. Ryanair next - they are just as bad, but they have it covered so far.......

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/31/2007.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2007 2:23 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

But that is a Luton dialling code and it will only be free if you have a phone with bundled minutes (which I don't). It would still only be a long distance call at about 6p minute as opposed to 10p minute.

Mark

Like 0      
31 Aug 2007 5:08 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Mark, I maybe shouldn't have said "FREE !!!!" but I was going on what the poster actually said. Didn't think it would be 6p/min !?! Do EasyJet have strict times you phone ? After 6pm it's only 6p roughly an hour on BT option2

Like 0      
31 Aug 2007 5:32 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I was talking about ringing in peak time More, and I hadn't looked at call prices recently, I was flying blind .

Depending on what BT package you have (or other providers equivalent), we have Option 1 which is the cheapest of the cheap. Daytime calls are 3.25p per minute (+vat) with a 6p set up fee during daytime (0800- 1800). evening and weekends is 4.5p (+vat) per hour with a 6p set up charge (options 2 & 3 is free as it is included in line rental). That said, it is still a lot cheaper than calling an 0870/ 0871 number!!

What I have found in the past with saynoto0870 is that sometimes the numbers given are for a switchboard which can be closed at certain times or not have the ability to transfer you (Sky being one of them and a well known Internet provider another).

Mark

Like 0      
31 Aug 2007 6:22 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Ok Mor if I ever have to ring EasyJet again I'll use that number and see if it works for me as well.  If it does than it would work out a 1p per minute as I use 18866 for my calls from a Virgin (NTL) system.  If I was still with BT is wouldn't cost me anything except for a 2p connection fee.

Unfortunately I made this call before this message was broadcast but you're right I should have looked at the sayno site before I phoned.  When I phoned to querry the price difference I was told that I could only ring to book and use the refund by calling that certain number, just didn't realise they would keep me talking for so long.

And I thought wisdom was supposed to come with age, maybe it can if only you can remember what it is that you have learnt

Like 0      
01 Sep 2007 2:25 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

04 Sep 2007 12:34 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Just had this email notification in from EasyJet who are very obviously wanting us to travel JUST with hand luggage. (I think, however, they should've put the fact that it's only those with hand baggage earlier in the email (I have highlighted it & put it in red & larger ..they didn't !!) Good idea, although we won't just be going for a few days in future. Can't find this info in their website

Avoid the queues - check in online!

Avoid the queues - check in online!

Online check-in is available on most easyJet flights and, as part of our new boarding system, all passengers checking in online can board the plane in group A. You can check-in online anytime from 60 days prior to your flight, up to two hours before your scheduled departure.

View your booking at My easyJet.com to see if it's available for your next trip. Once you've checked in online, print your own boarding pass and go straight to security when you get to the airport.

NB: Online check-in is only available for passengers with carry-on baggage. If you plan on travelling with hold luggage you will need to check in as per normal at the airport. For the latest news on hand baggage security rules please visit our website.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 9/4/2007.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2007 3:37 PM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

johnone´s avatar

Last nights easyjet to Luton from Malaga 23.15  went 20 mins early 'cos everyone who had booked were on board. The're Grrrrrrrrrreat

easyjet.jpg picture by Johnone_2007

Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2007 4:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
She's more than 55 x 40 x 20 cm.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2007 10:07 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Just got some return tickets from Newcastle to Malaga from 5th Nov 2007 for only £63 in their sale.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
16 Feb 2008 1:15 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

16 Feb 2008 11:22 AM by mumisno1 Star rating in Bury Lancashire and .... 5 posts Send private message

Thanks for this morerosada, the articles were very interesting and perhaps the lesson is that things are never quite what they seem.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2008 11:31 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Very interesting to read, if EJ can offset costs with a charge of £4 a bag what is Ryanair doing with their newly introduced £12 a bag?  getting some of their lost profits back

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 12:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Just had this in from Easyjet.

Click here to register

easyJetText  

easyJetText is your personal, mobile travel assistant. During your trip, easyJetText sends relevant information, updates and reminders to your mobile phone. You can adapt easyJetText to your preferences, by choosing exactly what information you'd like to receive.

Free flight updates and reminders
header

Complimentary flight information:

• Booking reference reminder
  • Check-in details
  • Boarding Reminder

footer

header

Exclusive discounts on:

• Currency conversion
  • Gadgets & gizmos
  • Food & drink ... and more

footer

On your departure day, easyJetText sends flight information, reminders, and exclusive offers to your mobile phone for no charge. It's available on the following flight(s):

Sign-up Now!

Bristol to Murcia on Mon, 17 March 08

Sign-up now for easyJetText.

What information will I receive?

easyJetText uses SMS text messages to communicate with you.

A few hours before departure, we'll text confirmation of your booking reference, flight details and departure time. And, we'll let you know shortly before check-in closes.

We'll also text you up to 2 promotional offers from airport retailers, so you can save on your airport shopping.

And, to ensure you don't get too carried away shopping, we'll text you a reminder when it's time to board.

Sign-up now or find out more about easyJetText.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 12:46 PM by mumisno1 Star rating in Bury Lancashire and .... 5 posts Send private message

Thx for this . Although I already suspect it's another way of making more money for easyjet!!

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 4:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Seems just an info service to me & the acceptance of the texts are free, did you read it ? How does that mean EasyJet are making money ?

No one moves an inch these days without their mobiles (though saying that I left mine at home when I went to docs earlier but then, that's typical me. )

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 8:10 PM by debrich Star rating in Essex/ Thalassa Vera.... 38 posts Send private message

debrich´s avatar
I registerd to receive text messages on my mobile when i last flew with Easyjet.   Two hours before check-in opened they sent me a text this was at 4am as check in opened at 6am.  Very handy if you forget to set the alarm.  I then received another text message informing me that we were boarding.  I never received any promotional offers though.  This service is free and a useful reminder but i would never just rely on this.  Also, It did not work on my return journey.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 9:19 AM by JohnKath Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

They make money out of the targeted adverts they send alongside you info.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Aifos developers - 16 posts
Marina Dor - Serving a DENOUCE - Help please - 1 posts
Buying off plan - 13 posts
eyeonground? - 2 posts
Are they deaf - 1 posts
Occupied Homes to be Demolished - 6 posts
Direct pension payment - 7 posts
Merry Xmas - 4 posts
Sylvia (The Forge) - 0 posts
Gill - 2 posts
Finally a Urban Plan is submited for aproval by Marbella Town Hall - 2 posts
New Legislationfrom the EU - 26 posts
Townhouse in Mijas near the racecourse - 2 posts
LAWYER COMPLAINTS - 6 posts
Advertise your Tamaragua Villa for free - 4 posts
Buying Furniture in Spain - 16 posts
Euro Select Estates - 0 posts
photos - 2 posts
renaults for sale - 2 posts
Need long term rental in Los Gazules or near International school.Help anyone! - 0 posts
Statutory charges - 3 posts
lookin for chris and denise dockerty - 4 posts
Kliney - 2 posts
Recaliming 5% property tax - 4 posts
new grills compulsory on new builds? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 70

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x